Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: 2015 #Redskins vs Buccaneers

JimmiJo

Yep.

I remember the Redskins came back from a 21-3 deficit against the Chargers in 1986 to win 30-27, I believe..

I also believe they came back from a 19-3 deficit against the Giants, I believe in 1989 or 1990?, and won 23-19.

This was big. HTTR!. :)

I was at the game at Jack Murphy against the Chargers week 3 of the 1986 season, my family had just moved to LA from Silver Spring... Gary Clark caught a TD at the end.

Listening to 980 through the Skins app, they said the team came back from 21 against Carolina. How far back did they come with Jeff Rutledge at QB in Detroit in 1990? Obviously less than 24! HTTR!

Not only has Hopkins been money on FG's and his kickoffs. This kid has a knack for onside kicks. I remember the two he kicked against the Giants were perfect and gave our guys every chance to recover them. And the one against the Jets last week we had in our hands and lost it. I realize the one today was a surprise, but we got it and I actually feel confident with Hopkins when we onside kick...even if it's in an obvious situation.

Not only has Hopkins been money on FG's and his kickoffs. This kid has a knack for onside kicks. I remember the two he kicked against the Giants were perfect and gave our guys every chance to recover them. And the one against the Jets last week we had in our hands and lost it. I realize the one today was a surprise, but we got it and I actually feel confident with Hopkins when we onside kick...even if it's in an obvious situation.

He doesn't have a knack.  He might be the best onside kicker I've ever seen.  Literally every kick of his gave our teams a chance at recovery, in some cases great chances that they should have had.  

Although it was a great win.....Cousins continues to throw behind receivers.  The WR's are making great, difficult catches....he can't lead a receiver to save his life.  That needs to be corrected before I will get excited about him as a long term solution. Must be weird for a receiver to get used to balls being consistently thrown behind them.

I swear some of you would find reason to whine if you won the lottery.

On the way home from FedEx right now. These gameday threads are ****ing depressing.

All you people dialed it in? Pipe the **** down and enjoy the the win.

Glad you enjoyed the game. Now hush. We watching it and sharing posts in the gameday threads experience the game a little differently than you do live, there's a ton of downtime to discuss both good and bad. There are always some bad eggs in these threads, but don't come in here and tell us how to enjoy the game, please. This was actually a pretty good thread today.

He doesn't have a knack.  He might be the best onside kicker I've ever seen.  Literally every kick of his gave our teams a chance at recovery, in some cases great chances that they should have had.

I didn't want to go overboard, but was thinking something similar. I've never seen so many great onside kick attempts, he knows what he's doing somehow.

Took my oldest to his second Skins game today. First was LAST year's Bucs game. Needless to say, it was looking brutal in that first half. The little guy wanted to leave, but I convinced him to stick it out with me for awhile longer. 

Turned into an amazing experience. Haven't been that excited since the 35-7 Dallas game. 

Those Bucs fans were just going nuts in the first half. Especially when the boos started ... they were soaking it in. To see them at the end, dismay on their faces ... just wonderful. 

And great to get home and read through the comments in this gameday thread. I was going through the same emotions. 

One thing, though ... I detest this "homecoming" thing. It just gives the other team a reason to get up for the game, and you could tell the Bucs were feeling that way. Signs at the stadium even SAID, "Homecoming 2015." So idiotic. 

But no reason to dwell on that now ... and great to see us get that victory for Jeff Bostic and all the other alumni in attendance. We did 'em proud for once. 

One thing, though ... I detest this "homecoming" thing. It just gives the other team a reason to get up for the game, and you could tell the Bucs were feeling that way. Signs at the stadium even SAID, "Homecoming 2015." So idiotic. 

I know "homecoming" is supposed to be inclusive, but I wish it was somewhat limited to notables. Seeing Ade Jimoh introduced with the likes of folks like Joey T, Doug Williams, and Mark Rypien makes me roll my eyes.

I had anticipated a bigger crowd based on what was left on Stubhub as the game approached, but was fairly surprised by the number of empty seats.  Nothing too glaring out of the ordinary, but less than I expected.

Glad you enjoyed the game. Now hush. We watching it and sharing posts in the gameday threads experience the game a little differently than you do live, there's a ton of downtime to discuss both good and bad. There are always some bad eggs in these threads, but don't come in here and tell us how to enjoy the game, please. This was actually a pretty good thread today..

Roger that.

:)

Roger that.

:)

Though you were,to a certain extent,right on with your original post. Hell one of the funniest things I remember doing after I went to a game in Fed Ex was to go into the game thread when I got back and read it. A majority of the time folks in the game thread were ****ing or or commenting about the same **** we were at the game. Go figure. We had to talk about something during those take forever "media time outs". :P  Our "advantage" at the games,was and is that we "Tailgated" before the game. Read: No need to order beer in Stadium. ;) 

Just got home. One of the most amazing comebacks I've ever seen in my life. I did not think this team had it in them after the first half. I've been to many a game at that stadium and the crowd response in that last touchdown to Reed was incredible. I was proud of the fans who stuck it out. We were rewarded.

If this team can just get healthy, stop the run and find its running game again it could give the Pats trouble.  I know its to much to hope for but on occasion this team looks like it has potential.

Who else is impressed with our depth?

I think it is hard not to be impressed with the depth on this team. Can't wait to see us at 100%.

Don't know if anyone has brought it up but it would have been very interesting to see what the refs would have done if there wasn't a fumble on that last play.  There was a screw up with the clock and I wonder if they would have had the balls to say the clock ran out or if the ref's would have had to stop play and have a discussion which would have given Tampa time to setup for a FG.

Don't know if anyone has brought it up but it would have been very interesting to see what the refs would have done if there wasn't a fumble on that last play. There was a screw up with the clock and I wonder if they would have had the balls to say the clock ran out or if the ref's would have had to stop play and have a discussion which would have given Tampa time to setup for a FG.

That would have been ultimate Tripllettte.

After recent discussions here about on sides, I am psyched we tried one.   

I am sure I am not the only one that thought the ball had only traveled 5 yds before we touched it.

And then the dumb official pointed it as Tampa ball.  If our season gets turned around that may be the play that did it. 

Archived