Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should Redskins trade for Jimmy Graham?

Renegade7

Trade for Jimmy Graham???  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Redskins trade for Jimmy Graham???

• Yes
    • No

Are you trying to win now or something?  Build through the draft, stop salivating over other teams players simply because you lost in fantasy one week LOL.

I don't think he fits our scheme that well.  Skins like to run the ball, and he isn't the best blocker.  He is one of the better pass catching TE out there, but certainly not worth a 1st round pick, or even a 2-3 rounder either.

Seattle is built to win now, not the Skins.  Seattle will figure out a way to get him the ball.

Vinny is that you who started this thread???  Hell No to trading away #1 pick for another flashy signing!!!  Doing stupid trades like that are what keeps this team down year after year and unable to build a strong foundation to build upon and keeps the team mediocre at or best years and a bottom feeder more often than not.  We are not a TE or another Fat Albert away from being a SB contending team.

He's an extremely talented player whom we can't afford to trade for. It simply makes no sense for a re-building team who has a real chance at ending the season with less than 5 wins to part with their first round pick. We've seen what can happen when you trade first round picks and it doesn't work out. I know the intentions are good but we just couldn't do this.

A simple no, because this team is simply not a contender this season.

This would be a move you could make if your were a very serious playoff/Super Bowl contender, and you lost your pass-catching TE for the year.

The Redskins are not that team this season. They are building something here, but they will be an up-and-down team this season (hopefully a lot more up as the year goes on :) ).

However, this trade you propose would be both unnecessary and counterproductive right now.

Sounds like most of ya'll have your minds made up on the stand point of not making the "same mistakes twice" and believing we actually suck this year.  We say we're rebuilding but we bench our "developing" franchise QB.  You don't want to trade draft picks for veteran bumbs on other teams, yet we praise the Golsdon trade. 

Absolutely I want to win now, because I'm sick an tired of watching guys I root for rot on this team because we never have a window to do anything.  Those windows don't come often, and there's no reason we have to completely change direction just because we do this one trade.  Say this TE we draft ends up developing to being a contributor on Graham's level in 3 years (if we're lucky).  Even Cousins is going to be 30.

I've said my piece, the poll is unanimous, but I'd still do that trade and would not apologize for it.  Agree to disagree.

You don't want to trade draft picks for veteran bumbs on other teams, yet we praise the Golsdon trade. 

If you think we could get Graham by giving up a 6th round pick, gaining a 7th round pick, and have Seattle eat his guranteed money, then sure, go for it.  That's why people liked the Goldson trade.  Because we got a starter and it cost us nothing.  Not even in the same ballpark as what your advocating we do.

If you think we could get Graham by giving up a 6th round pick, gaining a 7th round pick, and have Seattle eat his guranteed money, then sure, go for it.  That's why people liked the Goldson trade.  Because we got a starter and it cost us nothing.  Not even in the same ballpark as what your advocating we do.

I don't, but we haven't even talked to them yet.  Some of ya'll don't even want to talk to them.

Yeah no trades for a TE

Also, I think you're (and really everyone else) overreacting over the Jordan Reed thing.

I don't think we should trade for Jimmy,but to say everyone is overreacting about the Reed Injury isn't true.

Reed has had a number of concussions and I doubt he'll be playing much longer in the NFL.

I don't, but we haven't even talked to them yet.  Some of ya'll don't even want to talk to them.

I voted No.

I'm having a hard time understanding why Seattle, after just 4 games, would even entertain trading away a player that they themselves just traded a #1 pick and starting center for this past offseason.

And if they would entertain it, what do you think they would want in return? As mentioned above, the Goldson trade was basically a ham sandwich. I would imagine they would want at least what they gave up.

So that means the Redskins would probably need to forfeit at least a future #1 pick (possibly more) in the middle of a rebuild process where draft picks, especially high ones, are at a premium in that effort.

And that doesn't even get into how Graham fits in the offense. He is more WR than TE, and they already have Reed who basically fills the same non-blocking TE role.

It really just seems to be a scenario based more in fantasy than reality.

Just my 2 cents.

We don't want to talk to them because we KNOW that after sending their center and a 1st round pick for Graham, they won't turn around 5 weeks later and trade him for the NFL equivalent of a rock collection.

We can all dream, but don't let those dreams turn into delusions.

The short answer is almost certainly no.

The longer answer is, if they'll take a ham sandwich and some gift cards to Ben's Chili Bowl for him, sure.

Losing tight ends sucks.  It does, but we can't jump and overpay for someone, even someone like Graham.  He's going to be 29, and we don't have a Drew Brees in the backfield to help him reach his full potential.

Getting Graham would be a move a team looking to push themselves over the top would make.  A clear 9-7 or 10-6 team, looking to add the last missing piece and become a 12-4 team and be a major contender for the SB.  We're not that.

We got Niles Paul in the 5th, Cooley and Reed in the 3rd, and plenty of successful TEs in the NFL have come from the 3rd or later.  Best thing to do now is limp along with Carrier, hope Jackson comes back and stays healthy, and that we're well positioned in the draft for a TE.

....that they themselves just traded a #1 pick and starting center for this past offseason.

Personally, it's hard to believe that Seattle traded Max Unger & a number 1 pick for Graham, although Seattle did receive a 4th in the trade. I don't think they would go back & do this in hindsight.  Hail.

Unless Graham can be had for a 4th or 5th rd pick - then its a no for me. By the way, what did we trade for Derek Carrier?

Graham is not going to singlehandedly take us to the playoffs so why waste the picks we need to shore up the problem areas on the team like secondary and depth next year. Anyway, I trust Scot will do what he sees fit to address the TE situation.

The points have been made for and against, but there's no need to name call on the guy or throw stuff out there in an attempt to pile on.

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2015/03/jimmy_graham_pete_carroll_sain.html

I find it hard to believe they'd trade all that for a guy that doesn't fit into a their culture, a culture Scott helped build.

Sounds like most of ya'll have your minds made up on the stand point of not making the "same mistakes twice" and believing we actually suck this year.  We say we're rebuilding but we bench our "developing" franchise QB.  You don't want to trade draft picks for veteran bumbs on other teams, yet we praise the Golsdon trade. 

Absolutely I want to win now, because I'm sick an tired of watching guys I root for rot on this team because we never have a window to do anything.  Those windows don't come often, and there's no reason we have to completely change direction just because we do this one trade.  Say this TE we draft ends up developing to being a contributor on Graham's level in 3 years (if we're lucky).  Even Cousins is going to be 30.

I've said my piece, the poll is unanimous, but I'd still do that trade and would not apologize for it.  Agree to disagree.

Griffin developing? He was making the same mistakes as last year, getting sacked a bunch, and still couldnt keep himself healthy. He was beat out by Cousins.

You compare a Graham for a first rounder to the Goldson trade? We traded a 6th rounder for Goldson and also got a 7th from Tampa back. In essence, we probably traded 30 spots, if even that many, near the end of the draft for him. Much different situation. In fact, they really aren't even comparable.

I'd absolutely love to have him on our team.  He's an elite offensive weapon when used appropriately.  He'd totally change the dynamic of our offense.

However, I don't want to lose anymore draft picks.  I'd rather draft and find the next Graham/Gronk/Gonzales.

So, I don't exactly want to do a hypothetical deal like this.  But you're fooling yourselves if you don't think he would improve our offense.

Yea, you can't compare the Goldson trade to this scenario at all.  SM knew the guy personally, and got him for a very low draft pick.

If the Skins were desperate I could see them investing a future 6th or 7th rounder for a guy that fits the scheme extremely well and has potentially to contribute for a few years, but a 1st round pick?

I'm glad some of us fans are not running the front office for the Skins.

Archived