Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Gun Control Debate Thread

Dont Taze Me Bro

If I was a Bank of America customer, I would stop using them.  I support their right to make this decision as a private company.  I also support other private people/companies right to stop using them because of their decisions.  Same as how I refuse to go to Chick-fil-a or Hobby Lobby.  I'm interested to see how this affects them.  You know the NRA and other groups will come after them hard.

Edit:  Though I will also say I have issue with private companies doing these things after they have taken public money via bailout.  To me, once you take taxpayer money you should be more limited in the "moral stands" you can take.

Edited by TheGreatBuzz

17 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

If I was a Bank of America customer, I would stop using them.  I support their right to make this decision as a private company.  I also support other private people/companies right to stop using them because of their decisions.  Same as how I refuse to go to Chick-fil-a or Hobby Lobby.  I'm interested to see how this affects them.  You know the NRA and other groups will come after them hard.

Edit:  Though I will also say I have issue with private companies doing these things after they have taken public money via bailout.  To me, once you take taxpayer money you should be more limited in the "moral stands" you can take.

Honestly I think I would feel the exact opposite. But I never thought about it deeply so im not sure I have a full opinion on it yet. But I feel like if you are taking public money, the opinion of the public should be your opinion if you want to keep it. 

But there could be all kinds of things wrong with that. Something to think about. 

I feel where you are coming from though. 

Most people would probably be happier if their monthly BOA statement wasn't chock full of stolen little pennies and assorted bull**** fees that they will return to you if you call them up, but will accept if you don't notice and just pay them.

To me, this is akin to a lowlife thief telling me he's a lowlife thief, but he won't rob THAT house over there because he morally doesn't like what the guy who lives in it does for a living.

Bank of America ****s over Americans as part of their everyday business model.

So **** them too.

~Bang

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/10/2018 at 9:38 PM, TheGreatBuzz said:

If I was a Bank of America customer, I would stop using them. 

Bank of America customer here, I'm fine with it.  Bang is right that BoA is not perfect, but this is the perfect example of the private sector getting tired of waiting for the government to catch up with their customer base.  This is more of a watershed moment then I realized at first.

I get the danger of companies picking and choosing which issues to pick sides on, but they aren't talking about stopping lending to gun manufactures period, so for me, its clear that they know what they're doing, gathering info, and trying to stay specific to what best will help with this issue (something Congress simply refuses to do).

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Bank of America customer here, I'm fine with it.  Bang is right that BoA is not perfect, but this is the perfect example of the public sector getting tired of waiting for the government to catch up with their customer base.  This is more of a watershed moment then I realized at first.

I get the danger of companies picking and choosing which issues to pick sides on, but they aren't talking about stopping lending to gun manufactures period, so for me, its clear that they know what they're doing, gathering info, and trying to stay specific to what best will help with this issue (something Congress simply refuses to do).

And you have the right to be fine with it and keep using them.  We may have different views and that changes which retailers we use.  Not saying you are wrong for using them.  Just that we have ways of showing our opinions with our wallets.  

• Like 1

Just so I am clear.. an unarmed teenager is the tyranny that the 2nd is in place to stop.

As i have been saying to people still identifying with this current "right wing"..    better look to see who you are standing shoulder to shoulder with. Ask yourself if that is who you want to be associated with.

Then live with your answer and don't cry when their scum rubs off all over you.

~Bang

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

David Hogg needs to watch his back, for real for real.  He's making more enemies then friends right now, even if his heart is in the right place.

For real!

Gun cultists and wannabe revolutionaries are fine as long as Pelosi keeps ranting about guns which she has little actual working knowledge about, however when a young white articulate and motivated young man starts leading a movement that’s when they feel the pinch. 

The cultists managed to squelch Sandy Hook but this kid has been the face of the #EnoughIsEnough movement which is making headway when other groups failed.

I was talking with my friend who is “prepared”, and he’s pissed at the irony that they are facing more gun laws under Trump than they faced under Obama.

3 minutes ago, Bang said:

Just so I am clear.. an unarmed teenager is the tyranny that the 2nd is in place to stop.

As i have been saying to people still identifying with this current "right wing"..    better look to see who you are standing shoulder to shoulder with. Ask yourself if that is who you want to be associated with.

Then live with your answer and don't cry when their scum rubs off all over you.

~Bang

Brother, I love ya, but they don’t give a damn. They could be surrounded by a hooded Klansmen at a Trump rally and STILL maintain their congitive dissonance and claim that the Republican party isn’t a haven for racists. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Having faced death, David is pretty fearless right now, and enraged. He's turning that rage into action.

Credit to him, but that's not the first time we've seen that.  A lot of them get killed.  Social Media is enabling our generation and the one after us to more easily assemble for political action, and its inspiring to see young people force the issue like this.  History says they'll be push back, we're already seeing it.