Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Gun Control Debate Thread

Dont Taze Me Bro

This past march was the one I was most worried about something popping off. We almost didn't go because of that reason, but there was a visible police and military/national guard? presence this time and big ass trucks blocking the major avenues someone would use to drive a car through people. I think if it does go down, it'll be at one of the satellite marches, rather than DC, because of all that security.

59 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

Credit to local law enforcement for intervening,

But is it?  

At what point are you arresting and punishing people for crimes that you think they're going to commit, but haven't yet?  

To me, that's always been one of the traps on the whole "somebody should have stopped him sooner" argument.  Yeah, it's normal, after a tragedy, to wish that somebody with a time machine could just go back and "make it not have happened".  But if you do that, then now that the massacre didn't happen, you're stuck with trying to prove that well, it would have, if you hadn't stopped him.  

In this case, it might be clear enough.  

I'm also remembering a scene from The Dream Team.  (Michael Keaton, Christopher Lloyd, Peter Boyle, and I can't remember are four mental patients who wind up wandering around Manhattan after a field trip goes wrong.)  

One of the patients (Boyle?) winds up losing his clothes.  The patients only have a few bucks between them to get clothes, so they go to an army surplus store looking for cheap clothes.  Keaton goes to the clerk, and goes into this speech about how they're an undercover special ops team on a classified mission and "the colonel, here" (Boyle) needs a change og identity, and it's the clerks patriotic duty to aid his country , 

Clerk interrupts him:  Buddy, give me a break.  

Keaton looks around, finally comes up with "OK, we're four escaped mental patients, and . . . "

Clerk interrupts again "This, I believe."  

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I think Ruby Tuesday did that just to let people know they were still in business. I thought they had gone under years ago 

Here’s what you’re going to do. You’re going to go to Ruby Tuesday and you’re going to order the Cajun grits. But, you’re not going to eat the Cajun grits. You’re going to get them to go, add a salad bar for $2.99, and fill up on that.

Then, you’re going to get one last plate from the salad bar after you’re already full and ask for a 2nd to go box. They always give it to you. You’re going to keep going back to the salad bar and dumping what you get into the box until it’s at capacity (should be about 6 lbs if you don’t put any stupid **** [like salad] in there). You’ll eat for days and it’s only like $15.

HINT: Be sure to check the tables of people who just left. They’ll leave all kinds of good **** like half a burger or money.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, visionary said:

I think I’d encourage him to think of this as part of the experience of civil disobedience. Do your protest. Pay the legally proscribed penalty. And be proud of both. 

But maybe im being too Disney, or something. 

• Like 1

Here are some fun quotes from NRA board member and Trump buddy Ted "**** for Brains" Nugent on the Parkland Surviviors or, as he refers to them, "poor, mushy-brained children."

"All you have to do now is not only feel sorry for the liars, but you have to go against them and pray to God that the lies can be crushed and the liars can be silenced so that real measures can be put into place to actually save children's lives,"

"These poor children, I'm afraid to say this and it hurts me to say this, but the evidence is irrefutable, they have no soul,"

"The NRA is the most important family organization in the world."

• Sad 1