Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

READ THE OP: Odd or Pointless habits...

Kosher Ham

You'd love my cat. She fulfills that requirement perfectly.

But as she's nearly no longer a kitten, she's getting a bit heavy for it now.

Hail.

Ha my cat does the same thing too. Except I remember one story about you waking up and the cat scratched and ...nevermind!

When walking down the sidewalk, I try to avoid stepping on the cracks, or if I must step on the crack then I try to step on the middle of my foot where the shoe doesn't make contact with the ground.

Legit been doing this since 1st grade

Another one for me

I also hate having stuff on my fingers. Drives me crazy. I've mentioned this several times in the RTT as one of many reasons I can't eat bone-in wings but it's also other things.

Thinking about chili over the weekend and I wondered why I preferred oyster crackers and never use saltines. I hate crushing up saltines and having all that dust on my fingers. Even if I rinse it off, then my hands are going to get dry and I have to put lotion on them. Just a pain that's not worth it.

If I'm out eating a burger, I wipe my hands after ever bite to make sure I don't have grease or crumbs on my fingers.

I don't fear public speaking at all so long as I have a podium or a desk/table in front of me to lean on.  It's the weirdest thing.

I've given classes or spoke in front of groups greater than 500 people before, no sweat at all as long as I have something to lean on.

If I don't have one, I'm scared ****less.

Similar to the Momma There Goes That Man: I *HATE* having even the remotest smell of food on my hands.  When I eat wings or hamburgers, I wash my hands with soap thoroughly when I'm done eating to remove even the the faintest smell of the food off my hands.  

When I was a HS student in MCPS, the lunch room had these giant industrial-sized cans of ketchup in the condiment area and if you got so much as a drop of it on your hand, your hands smelled like ketchup for the rest of the day no matter how many times you washed them.  Because of that, I can't stand the smell of ketchup, or anything to do with ketchup.  

The ketchup thing has served me well as a Chicagoan (Chicagoans have some anti-ketchup snobbery to them that I haven't completely figured out-- it has to do with Chicago-style hot dogs and brats, that's as much as I get of it).

I never buy the one in front.  I grab the box of cereal/crackers/etc. from behind

Same here. Plus, I will never take the front magazine from the rack. It always has to be a random copy deeper in the rack. Same with newspapers in a pile. I won't take any near the top of the pile. Has to be down further in the stack. Fear of germs, maybe, but not real sure why I do it.

When eating a sandwich with any type of side item you eat with your fingers (chips, pretzels, fries) I always eat the smaller pieces, stacking & pushing the bigger pieces off to the side to be eaten last. Not sure why, probably related to my older brothers always leaving me the crumbs to eat or stealing my food from me. 

When driving on highways, I use the milepost markers, mileage sign indicators (DC - 125 miles, etc.), my odometer, and the current time to calculate when I will arrive at the destination. During the drive, I'll recalculate to verify things are in sync. Why? No idea. I guess I like to keep my brain busy & not have to think about the drive. 

When eating a sandwich with any type of side item you eat with your fingers (chips, pretzels, fries) I always eat the smaller pieces, stacking & pushing the bigger pieces off to the side to be eaten last. Not sure why, probably related to my older brothers always leaving me the crumbs to eat or stealing my food from me. 

Haha, I always eat all my side dishes first when I get an entree at a restaurant.  Or even when I get the rice bowl at an asian restaurant, I'll mix up the sauce and rice and eat all of that but save the meat for the end.  I think it's just 'saving the best for last,' but I've taken a lot of grief over the years from friends/dates/coworkers/clients.

The other thing I do is a touch things when I walk. If I'm walking along a chain link fence, I'll be running my hand over it. If I walk by a tree, I'll reach out and touch the leaves.

I think this might actually be genetic some how. I've noticed my older daughter does it too, but not my younger one.

I do this too. I don't know why, but I do. The only time I don't do it is if I already touched it. Maybe it helps me familiarize with my surroundings?

Similar to the Momma There Goes That Man: I *HATE* having even the remotest smell of food on my hands.  When I eat wings or hamburgers, I wash my hands with soap thoroughly when I'm done eating to remove even the the faintest smell of the food off my hands.  

When I was a HS student in MCPS, the lunch room had these giant industrial-sized cans of ketchup in the condiment area and if you got so much as a drop of it on your hand, your hands smelled like ketchup for the rest of the day no matter how many times you washed them.  Because of that, I can't stand the smell of ketchup, or anything to do with ketchup.  

The ketchup thing has served me well as a Chicagoan (Chicagoans have some anti-ketchup snobbery to them that I haven't completely figured out-- it has to do with Chicago-style hot dogs and brats, that's as much as I get of it).

So I take it you don't eat crabs?  Because the smell of that doesn't come off with a simple washing.  And your story reminds me of one summer when I was working one of the food tents at the Folk Life Festival on The Mall.  I was working as a runner in the BBQ tent taking the ribs from the grill to the front and some schmuck spilled a whole bucket of BBQ sauce on my leg.  It was a long time before I wanted to eat anything with BBQ sauce.

I eat one thing at a time, all the meat ,then all of one vegetable and on and on.......naturally a hamburger or food cooked together is exempt.

I also usually will not drink except before and after eating

I eat one thing at a time, all the meat ,then all of one vegetable and on and on.......naturally a hamburger or food cooked together is exempt.

I also usually will not drink except before and after eating

I do the same thing. If I have corn, potatoes and say roasted chicken.

I will eat whichever one I think will get cold first. Always.

All of it, and then on to the next thing. I can not eat a wing, then some dip, then a wing if on the same plate.

My justification is that I like to completely enjoy one thing, before moving on to the next.

This.  I fear mustard.  mustard on the hands smells awful.

I can not stand the smell of mustard and will not eat it at all unless it is cooked into something...like baked beans.

I am the odd one that doesn't use mustard on a hot dog. I would rather have it plain.

But I am the same way with clean hands. Smelling some type of food on my hands makes me nauseous and feel like I didn't wash my hands well enough.

Count me in the hate mustard group.  It almost makes me nauseous.  

When I was young, my dad knew how much I hated mustard.  One time he chased me around the house with his mustard covered knife after making himself a sandwich.  Eventually he held me down and wiped the mustard off across my nose.  

I never recovered.

I don't eat hot dogs or Bologna

Count me in the hate mustard group. It almost makes me nauseous.

When I was young, my dad knew how much I hated mustard. One time he chased me around the house with his mustard covered knife after making himself a sandwich. Eventually he held me down and wiped the mustard off across my nose.

I never recovered.

Man that's brutal lol

If you need A1...it's overcooked or you really don't like Turkey.

If you put anything on Turkey day turkey...it's gravy.

Although, I have seen folks put ranch dressing on pasta before. That would be worse.

I do find it odd that people will simply put gravy on turkey that day...yet the next day mustard, mayo, etc.

So another oddity from me... I don't eat leftovers typically (only homemade lasagna). I do not take leftover food home from restaurants ever, unless I am stopping by the in-laws...FIL will crush anything.

My reasoning...It is either dried out, rubbery, or stuck all together. Not even pizza, I order a pizza, what I don't eat...won't get eaten by me.

hahaha, bruh, I do the same thing!  Right down to the wife bustin' my chops about it!

I even lock my bedroom door at night. I come home check all the cars.

My wife even has my BIL teasing me about it. He used to always leave his car doors unlocked...until someone went into his car and stole his loose change. haha.

Archived