Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

READ THE OP: Odd or Pointless habits...

Kosher Ham

I even lock my bedroom door at night. I come home check all the cars.

My wife even has my BIL teasing me about it. He used to always leave his car doors unlocked...until someone went into his car and stole his loose change. haha.

Oh man, when I was in middle school, I came from school one day and while I was in the bathroom, the locking mechanism broke and I couldn't get out.  I had to sit in the bathroom for 2+ hours until my mom came home from work.  I almost NEVER lock an internal door, except in obvious situations (using a bathroom in any social situation), and definitely not if I'm alone.

I put my socks on before my pants. Always. Unless I am going to be wearing jeans and flip flops

Other then that, always socks on first before pants. I think I just don't like how the cuffs of pants feel on my ankles? 

I put my socks on before my pants. Always. Unless I am going to be wearing jeans and flip flops

Other then that, always socks on first before pants. I think I just don't like how the cuffs of pants feel on my ankles? 

I don't think I have ever put on socks after pants.

Underwear...because you wear it under everything. Your first layer. I put socks on as my second item after boxers, then a T.

Although I do not wear flip flops unless at the beach. That's indeed odd to me.

When I brush my teeth, I run water on my toothbrush, apply toothpaste, and then run water on my toothpaste....never understood why I do this.

I do it too.

I also detest peanut butter (all forms). Told this story a few times on here. Was traumatized when this girl back in kindergarten threw up while eating a peanut butter sandwich. Poor thing. She must've been sick or something. **** was coming out of her like a fountain.

I still remember the smell, and seeing it drip off the table, down to the seat, and to the floor. And the horrible smell. That is what I remember every time I think of peanut butter

I also detest peanut butter (all forms). Told this story a few times on here. Was traumatized when this girl back in kindergarten threw up while eating a peanut butter sandwich. Poor thing. She must've been sick or something. **** was coming out of her like a fountain.

I still remember the smell, and seeing it drip off the table, down to the seat, and to the floor. And the horrible smell. That is what I remember every time I think of peanut butter

Mine is pineapple and blueberries.  Was in 3rd grade, playing rec league basketball.  One of the kids had some stomach bug and puked up all over the court and his jersey, pineapple chunks everywhere.

Every time I see pineapple, I remember that.  Pineapple used to marinade/cook with say a ham, I'm ok with.  Just not eating actual pineapple.  As for the blueberries, I ate a blueberry muffin on a trip I was on in 4th grade.  We went spelunking, in the mountains, I had some virus/bug, but ended up throwing up on the way to the cave in my helmet.  

So gross, got there, had to wash it out in a creek with just water and wear it, so gross man.  I have not and cannot eat blueberries to this day.  I don't like the smell of them either when baked in muffins, etc.  As future punishment, on a road trip to Charleston, SC in 2012, Tazette ate a **** ton of them for breakfast, like probably twice as many as she should have.  

She is in the car seat, we have been gone maybe 30-40 mins, on the interstate.  Then "Daddy, I don't feel good, my throat hurts right here."  I turn around and she pukes up nothing but blueberries.  Had to pull over on the side of the road, clean her up, etc.

It's funny how many food-related things are tied to a single traumatic memory. I guess that instinct is how our cavemen ancestors kept from poisoning themselves to death.

I was thinking the same thing.  Kind of weird that one event keeps people from enjoying good foods.

Back in 1998 my bumpkin mountain relatives in Pennsylvania invited us up for Thanksgiving.  My Aunts husband bough a cheap turkey from some guy on the side of the road (yes, on the side of the road).  By T-giving, it was rotten.  We think my Aunt didn't wash the counter properly because my Mom and I ate the homemade fruit ****tail and we ended up with food poisioning.  We think she cut the fruit on the same counter.  My Dad didn't eat any.

A day later, I was feeling pretty bad.  Then on Saturday, I started to feel a little better and ate Chicken Fried Steak.  BIG mistake!  Ugh, threw that up left and right.  Didn't touch Chicken Fried Steak for a few years as I couldn't stand the sight or smell of it.  But eventually I tried it again and I have no problem with it.

I've never been grossed out at anyone throwing up.  I could eat while you throw up next to me.  If you are female, I'll hold your hair while I eat a sammich.

Yeah, there are two that come to mind for me:

1) When I was in high school, I thought I was getting the flu, so I stayed home from school and took a bunch of Cough/Flu Syrup.  It ended up being appendicitis and I ended up getting pretty sick.  To this day, I can't stand the smell/taste of cough syrup, and I'd rather stay sick that taste that stuff.

2) A couple of years ago, I was visiting my sister and over the course of the weekend, my nephew got me sick with a 24-hr flu.  I didn't get sick till I got home, but the night before I got sick, I had Chipotle for dinner.  Even though I knew for a fact that the Chipotle didn't get me sick, I couldn't eat the stuff for ~10 months after that.  I eventually relented because Chipotle is amazing.

Yeeesh. Where to start? ;)  Hmmm. Okay. This was earlier this a.m. before heading out for some photography in the rain,(No. That's not a quirk. ;) ). I grab a pair of socks and though they look alike,they are different brands and hence,different feel and lengths,(one sock was about an inch longer than the other). Nope. That won't cut it. Gotta be the same length,kind,brand,ect. I have no idea how to justify this. It just is. :) Though I will say that growing up,(and even now),I've heard I'm a good guy,just a little off at times. :) Now I do consider myself an artist,so some will say my quirks have quirks.  :P

I grab a pair of socks and though they look alike,they are different brands and hence,different feel and lengths,(one sock was about an inch longer than the other). Nope. That won't cut it. Gotta be the same length,kind,brand,ect. I have no idea how to justify this. It just is. :) Though I will say that growing up

Easy to fix. Same type of socks, only two colors. You can pick out 3 individually and have a pair.

I have two alarm clocks one on the other side of the room and one next to my bed.

I have to turn them both on and off several times until i am 100 percent convinced they are set to go off properly.

Sometimes just a few times sometimes up to ten times.

I have tried so hard to just turn them on once but i cant do it.

Obviously its o.c.d. related but i also have to be early for everything i do so it drives me nuts if i oversleep, but realistically that pretty much never happens

I love chocolate, but I can't stand Tootsie Rolls. I had braces for one year in 4th grade. I got them out in 5th grade. To celebrate, my mom bought me a bag of Tootsie Rolls. I loved them at the time. However, I ate so much of them I got sick of them. The breaking point came when I ate so much that the juice from the Tootsie Rolls was coming out my nose. It was burning and I couldn't get the smell out of my nose. That was the last time I ate a Tootsie Roll.

Another weird habit of mine, I would/will count the number of highway lines in between light posts.  I'd flex my knee/toes/calf when entering a "new" set of 10, and hoped it would close with 10...if that makes sense.  If not, I'd go bonkers.  

sounds really weird, right?  lol. 

Archived