Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Twitter release. # redskins. Junior gallete sustained season ending Achilles tear feared

Dallascrushers

Unbelievable, preseason is a waste of time for veterans! **** this

I never understood this knee jerk reaction to every injury that occurs in preseason. People always say 4 preseason games are too much. Like the starters actually play 4 games. Starters play essentially 1 game during preseason. They play a few series in the first game, a quarter in the second game, a 2 to 2 1/2 quarters in the third game and they don't play in the fourth game at all.

Person most upset about the injury is John Mara.

All offseason rumor had it that he would erupt into spontaneous giggles while tenting his fingers while muttering, "Six hours before kickoff. Six hours before kickoff. Boom! That's when we'll tell them. No, maybe during warm ups. Imagine if we announce it as he's running through the inflated helmet.  We'll announce a twelve game suspension right before kickoff. That's what we'll do. Yeah, that's the plan. Spirit of the... Well, I'll come up with that later. Spirit of the something..."

I never understood this knee jerk reaction to every injury that occurs in preseason. People always say 4 preseason games are too much. Like the starters actually play 4 games. Starters play essentially 1 game during preseason. They play a few series in the first game, a quarter in the second game, a 2 to 2 1/2 quarters in the third game and they don't play in the fourth game at all.

... AND ... he wasn't hurt in a preseason game. So, the fretting about too many/any preseason games is moot. This happened at PRACTICE.

****. i hope danny bought stock in bubble wrap. we're looking at another 4 win season and a rebuilding year. i'll be more than psyched to be wrong, but we're going to be missing some serious cogs in the redskins wheel-- especially if RG3 doesn't return to form (not a grenade, a legitimate prayer).

I hope fans, teammates and media all can do something that offers their sympathy to Gallette -- at least to let him know how they are sad for missing the opportunity to have him be part to the creation of an awesome Skins defense. It's so sad, because he was reviving his career with a historic franchise that really had cottoned to him.

Moreover, I think he'd found a team to be part of and was grateful for the second chance. It's a cruel twist of fate that stepped in to hinder his return to being recognized in the NFL as the talented high-motor player he is.

Hopefully he rejoins the Redskins at some time in the future -- bringing his intensity/love for the game and his 110% effort.

I'd love to see Galette come back strong, but everyone knows how difficult it can be for athletes to recover 100% in the span of a single year from such major injuries. Fortunately, he's only 27 now so age is less of an issue, even if it could be a couple years before he's able to be the player he would have been for us this year. Not sure if that recovery would factor into a decision to retain him or a decision by another team to try to poach him.

That's the bad news. The good news is that we have McCloughan. Injuries are a part of life in the NFL. Maybe you get fewer one year and more the next, but they always come. A good GM keeps the depth chart strong top to bottom.

And that's the positive spin I'm holding onto because I was seriously excited to see how much damage Kerrigan and Galette were going to do behind our super-charged DL, and this news is a serious bummer. :(

Totally sucks, and wish him well.

Another big sucky thing was that the contract was perfect.  He balls out, and fans are happy.  Contract had first right to refusal.  If anything win/win situation.

So much for a great play on the field and now can't even look forward to the possibility of a great comp pick next year.

Yeah, most are getting hurt in practice. Which is what they do during the whole season.

Sorry that you have a robot fan heart. My human fan heart aches right now.

Robot fan. :rolleyes: LOL

Try practical. Like the coaches. Galette's injury is unfortunate, but all that can done now is rally around the player who will now take his snaps.

Murphy will probably see his role increase. Perhaps Jeffcoat? Or maybe Preston Smith somewhat, if he is ready.

There are never any shortages of season ending injuries with this team. I would love to see who leads the league over the last decade in this category. I would be shocked if the skins weren't at the to!

Probably the Giants.

Have you see their injury report the last couple of years?

Yikes.

On the positive side, our draft pick is going to be really, really high! 

This is quickly becoming my sentiment for the season.  It's really depressing actually.  I recently moved back from overseas and one thing I was looking forward to the most is watching Redskins football.  But it is really hard to get excited for it.  I have to keep up the motivation though because my wife dropped major coin getting us tickets to the Atlanta game.  She went the whole nine yards (first class flight to game, downtown hotel, high end tickets, etc) and I don't want to tell her that, at this point, I'm just hoping the game isn't a total blood bath.

So in all probability this injury means he will never play a down for the Skins right?

Achilles injury still a really, really, really, really, really tough injury to come back from and he was on a one year flyer essentially.

Silver lining is that he never actually provided anything they'll actually miss and maybe Preston Smith gets more reps than he would have.

So in all probability this injury means he will never play a down for the Skins right?

Achilles injury still a really, really, really, really, really tough injury to come back from and he was on a one year flyer essentially.

Silver lining is that he never actually provided anything they'll actually miss and maybe Preston Smith gets more reps than he would have.

Odd silver linings...

Most of us are predicting 5-8 wins. Do we really want to be on the high side of that range? I mean if we're going to be a bad team there are a lot of people who are going to be rooting for draft picks at some point... which means that the real silver lining of this thread is that all those upset at losing a potentially premier pass rusher really have not lost faith.

They believe. After all, if you really thought this season was already lost wouldn't you want to be a crook for Hook or some nonsense like that?

Odd silver linings...

Most of us are predicting 5-8 wins. Do we really want to be on the high side of that range? I mean if we're going to be a bad team there are a lot of people who are going to be rooting for draft picks at some point... which means that the real silver lining of this thread is that all those upset at losing a potentially premier pass rusher really have not lost faith.

They believe. After all, if you really thought this season was already lost wouldn't you want to be a crook for Hook or some nonsense like that?

I know absolutely jack **** about college football.  Are there any QB prospects coming out next year and what level are they expected to be on?  (Another Luck or just another average starter, etc?)

Archived