Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zimbabwe: Minnesota Man Being Sought For Lion Poaching

@DCGoldPants

I think the thing you might not understand is that in many hunts like this, the guides do all the work. The Hunter simply takes the shot. Depending on the hunter depends on how deeply involved in the process he is. Some want to know every little detail and participate in everything other just want to pull the trigger and go have a beer. So yes, I need other details to make a judgment about what happened. I am not saying he is right or wrong. So you have the fact that he obtained the proper licenses for the hunt, but you also have how it was conducted. Once again, how can anyone say what exactly happened without knowing more information is beyond me. Yes it is a shame that this animal was killed when it should not have been. But let's not act like big game hunting, specifically lions, is illegal.

It sure sounds to me like they drug a carcass from their car to lure the animal out of the protected area. even if the dude was a novice, tough not to notice how sketchy that is.

Luring animals off a protective reserve to kill them and ditch their GPS tracker isn't illegal? Their Government seems to say it is. His license said they could do what happened?

And yeah, there a lot of people who rely on professional line up something to kill. Those people aren't hunters. They are shooters.

Again. This guy has a history of lying and getting caught when it comes to hunting.

http://www.startribune.com/what-we-know-about-minnesota-dentist-walter-palmer/318943371/

Palmer pleaded guilty to federal charges in 2008 related to the poaching of a black bear in Wisconsin two years earlier. Palmer and others transported the bear, which was killed 40 miles outside of a legal hunting zone, to a registration station inside the legal area. Palmer was sentenced to one year of probation and fined nearly $3,000.

Zero benefit of the doubt given here.

I think the thing you might not understand is that in many hunts like this, the guides do all the work. The Hunter simply takes the shot. Depending on the hunter depends on how deeply involved in the process he is. Some want to know every little detail and participate in everything other just want to pull the trigger and go have a beer. So yes, I need other details to make a judgment about what happened. I am not saying he is right or wrong. So you have the fact that he obtained the proper licenses for the hunt, but you also have how it was conducted. Once again, how can anyone say what exactly happened without knowing more information is beyond me. Yes it is a shame that this animal was killed when it should not have been. But let's not act like big game hunting, specifically lions, is illegal.

They didn't. they found it and killed it the next day, so I assume less than 24 hours passed.

Not buying it. His money. Wouldn't have happened if he hadn't sought out, arranged, and paid for this. He's responsible. Guides sound awful too, but he's not getting off the hook.

Legal or not, if you're going to bow hunt anything you had better be a good shot.  This tool will be made fun of by the sort of tool that is impressed with bow hunting lions because he missed his shot and the lion suffered so horrendously.  40 hours to track it?  That's pitiful.  Cecil the lions cubs are sure to be an h'orderve for the next lion to come around.

I have to say this story was better when it was a no good lousy Spaniard that was responsible. link

Pest control

Though I would generally agree that hunting for the sole purpose of "thrill of the kill" is repugnant

Agreed. I don't generally have a problem with people hunting and eating what they kill, but killing for the "thrill" is silly to me. Never really understood "sport hunting" in general...especially when it is a lion or rhino or something.

This is so true. I've been all over Africa on safari (for photos and memories, not for bloodlust), and lions are just about the most passive, inert, and inactive animals around. I've seen hundreds sleeping. I've maybe seen three standing up. No "sport" at all.

His career is going to be kind of ****ed for a while.

Supposedly his entire dental practice has had to shutdown because of the outrage and calls. The yelp page is hilarious - 5,000+ reviews.

What a terrible waste of a human being.

This is so true. I've been all over Africa on safari (for photos and memories, not for bloodlust), and lions are just about the most passive, inert, and inactive animals around. I've seen hundreds sleeping. I've maybe seen three standing up. No "sport" at all.

Didn't a lion eat someone on safari out of a car just recently?

I argue with my husband over "catch & release" fishing. How'd you like to have a hook stuck through your mouth/cheek/gums just for some human's fun?

Either kill to eat it, or leave it alone. (I hate that I subscribe to Nugent's theme, but we are what we are.)

I wish we could kill humans the way we kill animals. Just go shoot some business guy in a suit on Wall St., behead him and place his head on a mantle. Then laugh in his family's face.

Humans are the worst. Hunters who kill for sport are no better than murderers or scum at the bottom of my toilet. Who wants to kill a magnificent animal for entertainment? An endangered one at that. **** him.

Legal or not, if you're going to bow hunt anything you had better be a good shot.  This tool will be made fun of by the sort of tool that is impressed with bow hunting lions because he missed his shot and the lion suffered so horrendously.  40 hours to track it?  That's pitiful.  Cecil the lions cubs are sure to be an h'orderve for the next lion to come around.

I have to say this story was better when it was a no good lousy Spaniard that was responsible. link

Crossbow.  Big difference between that and standard bow hunting.

Even though Kimmel sprinkled in some jokes. He was basically spot on. 

and pushing wild.cru.org was an awesome thing.

Maybe he can be a dentist in Africa for poachers. Because with his name, how is he going to operate in the US without being people going after him online?

Maybe he can be a dentist in Africa for poachers. Because with his name, how is he going to operate in the US without being people going after him online?

He sounds like the worst dentist ever.  "I'm going to go ahead and sedate you, and then I'll find you in 40 or so hours and do those fillings"

Archived