Kilmer17

19 hours ago, skinswillwin06 said:

It was clearly onside.

image.png.97511904de47b847e443e889b9a87506.png

I think the question is, 

19 hours ago, skinswillwin06 said:

clearly on.

image.png.33f8008eee844eaecc9480883629a3b3.png

was the initial pass to the girl who has the ball in this photo was offside?

Problem with still photos. The girl is still a tick or two away from playing the ball. If memory serves me, the US players see that and move upward to play her off. 5 frames later, she may be off, and the ball has yet to be played.

8 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

I think the question is, 

was the initial pass to the girl who has the ball in this photo was offside?

Problem with still photos. The girl is still a tick or two away from playing the ball. If memory serves me, the US players see that and move upward to play her off. 5 frames later, she may be off, and the ball has yet to be played.

Nah. That's actually slightly after she kicked it. I just didn't feel like making it more exact since it's already so obvious.

2 minutes ago, skinswillwin06 said:

Nah. That's actually slightly after she kicked it. I just didn't feel like making it more exact since it's already so obvious.

Nevertheless, didn’t matter. I thought both VAR decisions were solid. Game was decided on the pitch.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Popeman38 said:

Michael Bradley?!?

That, and why not Lima at LB? He’s got Miazga starting too, which is good. I believe he and Carter-Vickers are the future at CB for the USA.

Gotten off to a good start. Pulisic has been unplayable, and he’s taking defenders out of the play, opening things up for everyone else. Love McKennie’s swagger.

• Thanks 1

USA v Mexico final... how often have men and womens national team played on same day finals?

What stood out?
All the defenders looked good.
Bradley can just pass unfortunately...
Impressed with Areeola on the left wing.
Not impressed with Morris on the right.
Altidore... solid, played more CF than ST.
Smart to give Pullisic positional freedom.

Very good win

In the case of the US teams, the women should be paid just as much in win bonuses than the men. 

Women’s final: curious if Rapinoe and Lavelle will suit up. Don’t know if they have anyone to replace Lavelle’s creativity. But Press was more than capable of deputizing for Rapinoe. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Fergasun said:

USA v Mexico final... how often have men and womens national team played on same day finals?

What stood out?
All the defenders looked good.
Bradley can just pass unfortunately...
Impressed with Areeola on the left wing.
Not impressed with Morris on the right.
Altidore... solid, played more CF than ST.
Smart to give Pullisic positional freedom.

Very good win

To answer your first question saw a tweet from espn stats and info last night that said this will be the first time the men’s and women’s have both played in a final on the same day. 

• Like 1

Have to give credit where its due, the game against Jamaica was a big improvement. Jamaica got saved a bit by the storm that came in but the US did a good job getting the momentum back eventually.

That said, Berhalter decided to continue to make boneheaded decisions which could result in a loss. Jamaica hasnt been able to handle Altidore, so lets take him off and put in Zardes. Who proceeds to miss amazing chances and give the ball away MANY times, one of which resulted in the goal. How much longer must we endure Zardes?