Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

US Soccer thread.

Kilmer17

As long as we have starting forwards like Zardes and Altidore we cant expect great results, our Gold Cup team has about 4 or 5 players worthy of a national team that looks to get out of the group in the next WC Finals and the rest are JAGS.

I'm disappointed in Boyd's play thus far, I see a winger who can't play a good ball in.

• Like 2

I didnt think Bradley could look worse and still get praise from the broadcast booth, but here we are. " I thought Michael Bradley put himself in great position in the first half.." WHAT! This bum should be on the bench with a possibility to come in as a sub. Its over. He's gotta go. He's lost a step ( if you could consider his pace a positive at some point), he is terrified of shooting, he is routinely lost on defense, and his touch is abysmal. Its over. Forget Altidore, who for whatever reason tends to do well in qualifiers, and is at the very least much better than Zardes. Bradley has always been trash. He's got no fortitude. Hes a loser.

• Like 3

I’m going to give Berhalter a light pass this Gold Cup, as long as they make the final, at least. After this though, if we don't start seeing Pulisic, Adams, McKennie, Weah, Sargent, Carter-Vickers, Yedlin, and Miazga getting extensive time together, I’ll be leading the charge to get him out before he can do any more damage to our WC hopes for 2022, and beyond.

And, ffs, can we find a LB? Tim Ream? Really? Dude is a CB, and a mediocre one at that. Also, can we please move on from Bradley, Zardes, Gonzales, and Altidore? Please?!?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

i see our friends across the pond have already begun whining and moaning

The semi final is held in Lyon where Alex Morgan and Morgan Brian used to play. Lucy Bronze from England is actually playing for Lyon.

I don't see anything in the article explaining why French will support England. By the way I watched Rapinoe and Morgan interviews prior to the game vs France they were absolutely not arrogant.

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Long n Left said:

I’m going to give Berhalter a light pass this Gold Cup, as long as they make the final, at least. After this though, if we don't start seeing Pulisic, Adams, McKennie, Weah, Sargent, Carter-Vickers, Yedlin, and Miazga getting extensive time together, I’ll be leading the charge to get him out before he can do any more damage to our WC hopes for 2022, and beyond.

And, ffs, can we find a LB? Tim Ream? Really? Dude is a CB, and a mediocre one at that. Also, can we please move on from Bradley, Zardes, Gonzales, and Altidore? Please?!?

Heck, how about we at least play Lima at LB since, you know, he plays LB. Berhalter is such a tactical genius he likes to play players in positions that dont make sense. One day we will all understand his genius.... Watching Bradley continue to be trash, give the ball away, while knowing he was planning on playing Adams at RB is fireable. How about we establish our starting 11 and actually keep trotting them out there so they can build some actual chemistry??

Berhalter decided that since we were up ONE FRICKEN GOAL and the goalkeeper was holding the ball a lot so we would just drop back and play defensive up a goal. As opposed to just imposing our will against a much lesser team. The most frustrating thing is the passiveness, the lack of confidence, acting like the other teams have just gotten better, we should be happy to just get a win, etc. I think I have seen enough to say we need to move on, but if after the Gold Cup we are still calling in these old bad players I may not be able to bring myself to watch anymore for the sake of my health. So many players that have no business being even called up let alone start, but watch, thats exactly what will continue to happen.

US Soccer leadership is an embarrassment. I find myself just going on rants these days whenever I post about them.... Its sad.

Edited by MisterPinstripe
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, FrFan said:

The semi final is held in Lyon where Alex Morgan and Morgan Brian used to play. Lucy Bronze from England is actually playing for Lyon.

I don't see anything in the article explaining why French will support England. By the way I watched Rapinoe and Morgan interviews prior to the game vs France they were absolutely not arrogant.

The Euros will always side with each other when it comes to facing the US. Lets face it, in the world's eyes, we're public enemy #1.

Not that its going to matter. The US has faced that kind of adversity all tourny long and yet here they are, in the semis. 

Edited by Mournblade
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mournblade said:

The Euros will always side with each other when it comes to facing the US. Lets face it, in the world's eyes, we're public enemy #1.

Not that its going to matter. The US has faced that kind of adversity all tourny long and yet here they are, in the semis. 

I understand your point but I'm not sure about that, I would appreciate if you could keep me posted about it as I won't be able to watch the game. Thanks

Edited by FrFan

26 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Yeah we here across the street from Nats park drinking mad pineapple ciders watching pregame, we find out rapinoe isn't starting like what are you doin 

I've noticed that, is she hurt or something?

35 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Yeah we here across the street from Nats park drinking mad pineapple ciders watching pregame, we find out rapinoe isn't starting like what are you doin 

Press is a good bit better than her. Strange to me she hasnt played more. Though maybe saving for later in the tourny?

Edited by MisterPinstripe