Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

US Soccer thread.

Kilmer17

Spew of consciousness: Looked over the GC roster.... What a joke. Sent Sargent home over Zardes or Morris, our best DM who is playing awesome on a CL team in Leipzig he continues to stick at RB..... Fricken genius. So instead of having McKennie and Adams in the middle for us we will likely have Bradley and Trapp. wtf.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just gonna talk about the Women's World Cup here.

The U.S. Women's National Soccer Team begins their World Cup quest on Tuesday, so naturally, former goalkeeper Hope Solo is talking bad about head coach Jill Ellis

18 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

For some reason Berhalter isn't playing his best players for the Jamaica and now Venezuela match

You don't use these warm up games to get your starting eleven familiar with each other and build chemistry for a tournament. Duuuuhhhhh.

Also, Berhalter keeps bringing up this excuse of "fitness".... I'm sorry, didn't you call in mostly a roster of MLS players who are midseason? And the euro players have been done for a couple weeks? It's not fitness. It's Berhalter and it's bad players that shouldn't be on the team. Shocking that the spine he has chosen were his former players at Columbus. Now I have been on board with Steffen as the number one, and still think so currently, but his last couple of games have been brutal.

Zardes and Trapp, among others, are not international quality. I continue to be pissed that we are using our best Dmid at RB rather then having a good strong midfield by having our 3 best players on the squad start there.

I was pretty happy with what Boyd looks like he can bring on the right, he could be a nice addition down there.

I guess on the plus side Berhalter is living up to his word, he guaranteed that they would have more bad games and he is delivering.

Edited by MisterPinstripe
  • Thanks 1

I missed the Jamaican game but caught the game vs Venezuela.  That was one of the worst games I've seen by a US team in decades.

Our senior team lacks individual skill and technical ability, they are just bland and robotic showing nothing at all remotely close to being creative.

I've been watching our U20's the last couple of weeks and those young players are everything the senior team isn't, I actually think the U20 cup team could beat what Berhalter is putting out there right now.

• Like 1

LMAO at all the clowns who think they should have eased up after the sixth goal. The USMNT's rolling disaster has crippled too many American soccer fans' ability to enjoy competent soccer.

Jill Ellis went full "Daenerys on King's Landing" to silence the haters.

• Haha 2

I find it ironic theres so much complaining about the men's national team, but the women's national team has been kicking ass for over 20 years now.  What are they doing that men arent?  It cant jus be a competition deficit, that's a professional soccer team they jus scored 13 goals on.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I find it ironic theres so much complaining about the men's national team, but the women's national team has been kicking ass for over 20 years now.  What are they doing that men arent?  It cant jus be a competition deficit, that's a professional soccer team they jus scored 13 goals on.

That's uniquely what it is.

Womens soccer is a weak game that is marketed superbly, hence its popularity. 

I get the feeling if international thumb-wrestling was backed by an awesome marketing campaign, a lot of the saps on these boards would watch it. :P

13 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

For many many years no other countries have really taken it seriously so the competition for the USA has been rather low, though now you at least have a few other teams that are good and provide competition like France, and Brazil, though the quality of play is just lower in general. You could go to a local adult league and put together a team and beat Thailand rather handily as well. You dont really get into much of a competition in the womens world cup until the knock out stages I think, because at least at that point the teams like Thailand are weeded out. The upcoming game against Chile should also be a walloping.

Last build up to the world cup the womens national team played a game against the FC Dallas U-15 boys team and lost 5-2, the quality of competition in the men's sport vs the womens sport is just night and day. But its nice to have a team to root for that has a chance to win something every time. If you all didnt watch the U-20 World Cup you were missing out, thats pretty fun to watch as well.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, FanboyOf91 said:

LMAO at all the clowns who think they should have eased up after the sixth goal. The USMNT's rolling disaster has crippled too many American soccer fans' ability to enjoy competent soccer.

Jill Ellis went full "Daenerys on King's Landing" to silence the haters.

I dont think thats the issue, I was pretty uncomfortable with what I was watching but not because of the goals and I think that was it for most people. Go on and keep scoring goals. It was the over the top celebrations when it was 8+ to nothing. Not only from the players on the field but mainly the players and coaches on the sidelines. Ill give the players on the field more of a pass, especially the ones who hadnt played in a World Cup before. But the players on the bench and the coaches going crazy and dancing scoring 8, 9, 10+ goals against a hapless opponent? Came across is very classless.

16 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Our girls play soccer as kids and stick with it growing up.

Girls in other countries don't play soccer for very long if at all.

• Like 1