Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

US Soccer thread.

Kilmer17

• 4 weeks later...
17 hours ago, FanboyOf91 said:

Happy 1 year anniversary to USMNT suckitude!

Thankfully, we've moved on by hiring a great coach in...(checks notes)...oh...

Word is they’re going to announce at the beginning of November. Speculation is that it will be Berhalter.

Marking this one year anniversary by bringing Bradley back into the squad...the picture boy for USMNT SUCK!

Bummed Pulisic got a knock, and McKennie and Adams won’t be available either. Looking forward to see Cannon get some run, too bad he’s not a lefty, as they’ve needed a LB for ages. 

Can’t understand some of the older middling MLS players getting a call (Bradley, Saief, Picault) and leaving out young talent like De La Torre, who just netted for Fulham in a Cup tie a couple weeks ago. 

Earnie gotta get this **** straightened out ASAP!

23 hours ago, FanboyOf91 said:

Thankfully, we've moved on by hiring a great coach in...(checks notes)...oh...

Still think a great coach is the only difference, eh?

Best thing we got going for us is that there's an exciting crop of young players but that's 4-8 years away. The 4 year cohort will still be pretty raw by the WC. 

Young MLS players moving to europe and succeeding will be the key. MLS owners need to get a taste for big transfer fees—that's the disruption the USMNT needs to happen.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

I refuse to ever watch the US play if Michael ****ing Bradley is on the roster.  **** him

Somewhere out there is a team photo of that USMNT Trinidad/Tobego squad that has Pulisic surrounded by 10 trash bags.

Pretty much summed it up for me as well. From Donovan on I have yet to figure out this fascination with sentimentality on our US Men’s Team. 

• Like 1

My takeaways from last night:

-Brooks is brain dead

-Robinson is not the answer...yet

-Bradley is suck

-Wood is wood. He can score a goal here and there, but does little else.

-Acosta is far better than Trapp

-Pulisic, McKennie, Weah, and Sargent will be the nucleus of this team for a while.

-Jordan Morris needs to get, and stay, healthy

-Picault and Saief don’t rate

Edited by Long n Left

1-1 to Peru, a WC team from S. America, not a bad result.

Sargent looks the real deal, be surprised if he doesn’t see regular football in Werder Bremmen’s first side sooner rather than later.

Amon has the physical traits, just looked at bit green and tentative, but think he may have a future. 

Cannon was spot on, while Sweat looked in way over his head.

Trapp showed again why he is nothing more than squad depth, IMO. 

Going forward, I hope the new coach continues to play these kids so that they can become familiar, and grow together. 

I could see a 4-2-3-1 side with Cannon, C-V, Long, Miazga (2 of 3), ??, along the back, Acosta, McKennie, Adams, 2 of those in front, Weah, Pulisic, Morris, Green, Amon in the attacking three, and Sargent at #9. I feel that could be a competitive side in a few years.

Edited by Long n Left

• 4 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

England won 3-0 earlier today. **** that. :kickcan:

That was supposed to be a friendly?  That didn't sound friendly at all.

For whatever reason, this doesn't seem as simple as "our best athletes play other sports".  This is looking like straight incompetence top down right now, its embarrassing.  You can't have that many athletes in this country and not make the world cup, there's 350 million people here, we still can't develop a team to even compete with England?

• Like 1

I assume they are waiting until after this international break is over to name a new coach. By all accounts it’ll be Berhalter, but Earnie has GOT to get this right.

Today, I hope to see more of the kids playing together. **** this, “we have to have veterans to show these kids how to do it right” **** Sarachan. Show them what? How to choke?

I really hope to see a midfield of Acosta, McKennie, Adams, and Pulisic, with Sargent up top. These are the guys that will lead this team in qualifying for 2022, not Bradley, Jozy, Villafana, or any of those other veteran jokers. We know what Bobby Wood is, and we know John Brooks is brain dead. Also, can you guys PLEASE develop a LB?

Edited by Long n Left
  • Like 1