Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 : Upper Deck Renovations = Fewer seats

MarkB452

Looking at those new covers, I wonder if people with the walls to their left are going to have their sightlines blocked. Sure looks like some of the aisle seat folks may miss seeing part of the field or the nearer video boards. Hmmmmm.....

Damn, that's a good point.  Yuck.  I'd be pissed if my seat was hemmed in like that.

It at least appears that they strategically placed the wall so people sitting in the corners would see the back of the endzone.  Still I'd hate to sit there.  It'd feel like I'm barely there with the wall blocking a good portion of my field of vision.  It'd be one thing if the upper deck just ended there-- I'd at least have the view of the concourse/whatever, but having a giant wall blocking almost half your field of vision is not a great experience.

Looking at those new covers, I wonder if people with the walls to their left are going to have their sightlines blocked. Sure looks like some of the aisle seat folks may miss seeing part of the field or the nearer video boards. Hmmmmm.....

The covers are behind the end zone lines, no field site lines will be blocked.  I guess they might not see the jumbo trons on one end but they definitely see the field.

I cant imagine how much rain is going to roll down those things.....

If that orange slip & slide above the John Riggins section is 30x80 and we got an inch of rain during a game that section would get an extra 1496 gallons of water dumped on them in addition to whatever would naturally fall on their seats. CLCu2TFUEAEuTbl.jpg

Really, the appeal of watching the game at home affects overall attendance not just uppers. That appeal will also wear off when the 'skins start winning.

I'm not 100 percent sure of this. There seems to be some bleeding even in markets where you would think there is never bleeding (Pittsburgh, Green Bay).

The home viewing experience has improved exponentially in the past decade while the live viewing experience has actually probably gotten worse.

I've said this before, but the only sport I'll pay to attend live is baseball. Going to a baseball game is still generally pleasant.

For the other three sports, the tickets need to be free and they need to be exceptional. Frankly, I don't think I can go to an NFL game and NOT sit in a luxury box at this point.

I'm not 100 percent sure of this. There seems to be some bleeding even in markets where you would think there is never bleeding (Pittsburgh, Green Bay).

The home viewing experience has improved exponentially in the past decade while the live viewing experience has actually probably gotten worse.

I've said this before, but the only sport I'll pay to attend live is baseball. Going to a baseball game is still generally pleasant.

For the other three sports, the tickets need to be free and they need to be exceptional. Frankly, I don't think I can go to an NFL game and NOT sit in a luxury box at this point.

Going to a hockey game in person is a hell of a lot more fun then watching it on TV!

I cant imagine how much rain is going to roll down those things.....

If that orange slip & slide above the John Riggins section is 30x80 and we got an inch of rain during a game that section would get an extra 1496 gallons of water dumped on them in addition to whatever would naturally fall on their seats. 

public.gif

Yikes. I mean, wtf. who signed off on that as a good look? Why make seat covers 10ft high. Rediculous. I hope fedex paid for it at least....

That's the stadium experience for you.

I like the look. I'll have to see in person before I make a final decision. I think it is creative and looks better than flat tarps. But as someone else pointed out, the rain running down those could be a real problem for many fans. Also, as I pointed out a week or two ago, some fans may be unable to see the nearest video screen/scoreboards because they are so high.

It will provide that, along with a $20,000 plus per seat license to join the party.

Yeah, PSL's are in the future. People want a new stadium, but won't be able to afford it. My dad has great seats passed down from his stepfather who had them since Griffith Stadium. I told him to enjoy them as much as he can because when a new stadium comes, there is no way he will be able to afford a PSL plus the cost of the seats.

As for this tarp thing, it looks ridiculous. Its not the colors that bother me, it's just the vertical dimensions of it. I'm sure that looks great on TV, but it would suck sitting next to that. I hate having any of my vision obstructed when I'm at a game.

It will provide that, along with a $20,000 plus per seat license to join the party.

And tailgating will be for 'premium' seat holders only. GAs likely won't have parking if the next building is in DC. 

Be careful what you wish for people.

Oh, I am certain PSLs are in our future. Stadium construction, particularly in DC will be very costly. Just not enough money to build a stadium from NFL coffers, Snyder's money/loans to cover the cost. I KNOW my season tickets will be ending in the next 5-10 years. I have no doubts about it. Our previous owner made a big deal about not having PSLs. I doubt Snyder will forego PSLs to build a $1 billion plus stadium.

I just don't get this whole need for a "pretty" stadium. I go to watch a frickin' football game. But then that's why our stadium is populated with a bunch of pansy fans who prefer to do the wave, eat and drink on the concourse instead of watching the game, start RG3 chants when we are on offense, etc, etc. A stadium full of die hard Redskins fans no longer exists. Half are visitors, one quarter of dumb bandwagon fans and maybe a quarter are true die hard fans who actually understand what they are watching and why they are there.

Oh, I am certain PSLs are in our future. Stadium construction, particularly in DC will be very costly. Just not enough money to build a stadium from NFL coffers, Snyder's money/loans to cover the cost. I KNOW my season tickets will be ending in the next 5-10 years. I have no doubts about it. Our previous owner made a big deal about not having PSLs. I doubt Snyder will forego PSLs to build a $1 billion plus stadium.

I just don't get this whole need for a "pretty" stadium. I go to watch a frickin' football game. But then that's why our stadium is populated with a bunch of pansy fans who prefer to do the wave, eat and drink on the concourse instead of watching the game, start RG3 chants when we are on offense, etc, etc. A stadium full of die hard Redskins fans no longer exists. Half are visitors, one quarter of dumb bandwagon fans and maybe a quarter are true die hard fans who actually understand what they are watching and why they are there.

The stadium doesn't need to be "pretty". I'd be fine with just an updated FedEx. I've been to a game at the Meadowlands and a game at MetLife. The stadiums themselves aren't that much different, but the newness I guess makes the experience more enjoyable. 

Archived