Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Conspiracy Thread

Reaper Skins

4 hours ago, TheGreek1973 said:

Our records are similar and we beat them.  how the hell can they be 8 spots above us?  two of their losses are to the same teams we lost to.  your case is weak sorry.

We don't deserve anyone's respect. We **** ourselves in every embarrassing way and chance we get. Nobody takes us seriously and they shouldn't. After 20+ years of seeing us fall flat on our face, why would we ever get any respect? 

Also, Philly beat down a healthy and rolling Steelers team and the Vikings when they were red hot. They've bought a lot more goodwill than us by those victories 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Reaper Skins said:

Two days after Norman criticizes the league, and one day after Gruden agrees with him and says Norman IS being targeted, its announced that Trent Williams, our best offensive player, gets busted for a substance abuse violation and can't play for a month.

Not condoning Trent's actions at all.  And I know the investigatiom has apparently been ongoing for awhile, but even the most skeptical of fans would be hard pressed to look at that time line of events and say the timing of them wasn't related.

This is why no one takes "conspiracy theories" seriously. He's been popped before for weed. IF you're putting ANYTHING in your body during the season then you deserve to get suspended. At least we have 2 weeks to get a new RT acclimated. 

4 hours ago, TheGreek1973 said:

Our records are similar and we beat them.  how the hell can they be 8 spots above us?  two of their losses are to the same teams we lost to.  your case is weak sorry.

Did you read the part above the rankings that explains the method(s) they use to determine where teams are ranked?

Did you also notice that the 2-5 Panthers are ranked one spot below us in 16th?

Personally, I think you're getting too worked up over this. Does it really matter where a group of writers from ESPN think we rank in the NFL? 

55 minutes ago, campbellcooleyconnection said:

Norman will be fined Dean Blandino just said on NFL Total Access.Oh he also said every flag on Norman was a legit flag.No mention of Crowder head twist though ...hmmmmm.

Not sure which NO-call was more egregious...face-mask on Crowder or the crown of the helmet hit on Jackson.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

This is why no one takes "conspiracy theories" seriously. He's been popped before for weed. IF you're putting ANYTHING in your body during the season then you deserve to get suspended. At least we have 2 weeks to get a new RT acclimated. 

Not questioning the sentence.  Only the timing of the announcement.  Only took the NFL 2 days to redirect public opinion of the Redskins from "victims of unfair officiating" to "undisciplined team that can't control their players".  Pretty impressive damage control.  How many times was Norman tested this season again?  Odds were pretty high the competition commitee was gonna find someone eventually to pop.

Countdown is on until Gruden starts getting criticized for giving his players too much leeway.  The national audience likes us better as the fall guys, not in the hero role.

What's next, "unnamed source" articles claiming DeSean is unhappy with his role here?  "Anonymous players" criticizing our coaches playcalling?

Edited by Reaper Skins
  • Like 2

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap3000000732454/Official-Review-Was-Josh-Norman-penalized-correctly

Another example of the leagues use of misdirection to skew public opinion of the team.  The video above shows Blandino explaining that Norman was actually correctly penalized for the hands to the face.

Except that wasn't what he was arguing in the first place.  He was arguing that he was being called for fouls while no one on the Bengals was being called for FAR worse violations.  they convenienty neglect to mention anything about Crowder, Jackson, or the Bengals in the entire video.  End result - Norman looks like a sore loser while the non calls against Cincinnati get completely swept under the rug

Edited by Reaper Skins
  • Like 4

@Reaper Skinstotally, totally agree with you! I had to do a double take.  people are failing to see his argument and are assuming t hat he's crying, rather he's pointing out the great disparity between the two sides during the game. You cant just point to norman and fail to notice the dirty play on the other side. for the love of god, how can you review the crowder td "" because all scores are reviewed as nfl stated, and not notice that his head got twisted?? just wow!   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kost203 said:

@Reaper Skinstotally, totally agree with you! I had to do a double take.  people are failing to see his argument and are assuming t hat he's crying, rather he's pointing out the great disparity between the two sides during the game. You cant just point to norman and fail to notice the dirty play on the other side. for the love of god, how can you review the crowder td "" because all scores are reviewed as nfl stated, and not notice that his head got twisted?? just wow!   

Even though this is true, you have to look at this from the other side to understand why.

the NFL already is suffering from lower ratings, and who has to answer to that? Goodell.  Yep, he is the one who has to stand in front of the billionaires and tell them why their revenue could drop some.

The NFL has enough black eyes from this incident, Deflate-gate, and other high profile players either fighting on-field, being put  in concussion protocol or drug suspension; all of this is giving the NFL and Goodell a black eye because its negatively affecting ratings, which affects revenue, which is the bottom line focal point here.

If the NFL were to acknowledge they had a horribly one-sided officiating crew in this game it would totally undermine the integrity of their foundation, seriously damaging fans trust that the league is fair. Then the chatter would begin with claims of 'NFL has in mind who they want in the SuperBowl, and every other team who felt they got cheated by the refs would be up on a soap box, and we all know how the media is, they just LOVE to find people like this...

13 hours ago, Reaper Skins said:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap3000000732454/Official-Review-Was-Josh-Norman-penalized-correctly

Another example of the leagues use of misdirection to skew public opinion of the team.  The video above shows Blandino explaining that Norman was actually correctly penalized for the hands to the face.

Except that wasn't what he was arguing in the first place.  He was arguing that he was being called for fouls while no one on the Bengals was being called for FAR worse violations.  they convenienty neglect to mention anything about Crowder, Jackson, or the Bengals in the entire video.  End result - Norman looks like a sore loser while the non calls against Cincinnati get completely swept under the rug

Im not trying to defend the League but Norman said Green was pushing Norman's hands up causing the illegal hands to the face. I have seen video of 2 of the calls and both times Norman is clearly putting his hands to Greens face without Green pushing his hands up. 

Re the Desean h2h - I think Blandino already explained a few days ago that Desean had taken 3 steps so he was an established runner and not a defenseless receiver in the act of making a catch. You are allowed to do H2H on established runners. I could still see a ref crew throw a flag on that hit maybe 25% of the time. Tough for Desean bc imo he was defenseless as he really didnt have his feet fully under him. 

Re Crowder - clear missed call. The refs missed a face mask call. 

I dont think this game was as one sided officiated as this board or Josh Norman think. I honestly thought it would be worse in terms of after whistle stuff but besides Peko, who got called, there wasnt anything much.   

Chris Baker was talking yesterday that on the Pierre Garcon OPI call, Pacman Jones hit  him in the head with his hands at the line of scrimmage, and that wasn't even called.

Here's the only blurry image that I could find which was on the article I read about it.

wqNB5PR.png

Here's the full story.

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2016/11/01/chris-baker-asks-what-about-jones-grabbing-garcon/

• Like 2

14 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Anyone floating this conspiracy yet?

Scott punched the wall after getting the news of Trents looming suspension not Doctsons injury.

That's an interesting take, and probably the more likely reason 

1 hour ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

Re the Desean h2h - I think Blandino already explained a few days ago that Desean had taken 3 steps so he was an established runner and not a defenseless receiver in the act of making a catch. You are allowed to do H2H on established runners. I could still see a ref crew throw a flag on that hit maybe 25% of the time. Tough for Desean bc imo he was defenseless as he really didnt have his feet fully under him. 

Helmet to helmet contact is a 15 yard penalty, and could be more (at the discretion of the referee). It's in Article 6 (i) as one of the conditions for unnecessary roughness: 

"using any part of a player’s helmet or facemask to butt, spear, or ram an opponent violently or unnecessarily"

If that's what Blandino said then he's just making **** up.

Edited by MassSkinsFan
Unnecessary roughness - bad formatting
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MassSkinsFan said:

Helmet to helmet contact is a 15 yard penalty, and could be more (at the discretion of the referee). It's in Article 6 (i) as one of the conditions for unnecessary roughness: 

"using any part of a player’s helmet or facemask to butt, spear, or ram an opponent violently or unnecessarily"

If that's what Blandino said then he's just making **** up.

But the Bengal defender didnt butt, spear or ram Desean. 

Helmet to helmet contact on an established runner is called when ..." A 15-yard penalty will be called if a runner or a tackler initiates forcible contact by delivering a blow with the top/crown of his helmet against an opponent when both players clearly are outside the tackle box (an area extending from tackle-to-tackle and from 3 yards beyond the line of scrimmage to the offensive team's end line). Incidental contact by the helmet of a runner or a tackler against an opponent would not be deemed a foul"

If the H2H happened to Desean before he completed 2 steps and when he was a defenseless player in the act of making a catch, then yes, thats a 15 yarder. But Desean took 3 steps, establishing him as a runner and the tackler didnt use his crown. 

Under your interpretation, any time a tackler's facemask or helmet makes contact with a runners helmet, its 15 yards. They changes the rule a few years ago to avoid that interpretation.  

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000238662/article/new-nfl-rules-crownofhelmet-change-to-help-runner-defender

http://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/2016-nfl-rulebook/#rule12

• Like 1

On 31/10/2016 at 2:41 PM, Reaper Skins said:

3. 2nd quarter - Crowder fields a punt at the 21 yard line and returns it 15 yards, flags thrown, broadcast goes to commercial.  

When they return, they say that the penalties were offsetting.  However they start the drive at the Redskins 21, negating Crowder's return.

Found it!

There's a new rule regarding this stuff. Was changed by the competition committee this year.

Change the spot of enforcement when both teams commit a foul after a change of possession. The team last in possession shall retain the ball at the spot where they gained possession.

So, for this case, the refs got it right, according to the rules :P

3 hours ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

Im not trying to defend the League but Norman said Green was pushing Norman's hands up causing the illegal hands to the face. I have seen video of 2 of the calls and both times Norman is clearly putting his hands to Greens face without Green pushing his hands up. 

Re Crowder - clear missed call. The refs missed a face mask call. 

I dont think this game was as one sided officiated as this board or Josh Norman think. I honestly thought it would be worse in terms of after whistle stuff but besides Peko, who got called, there wasnt anything much.  

You know there was two hit on DJax? One is the helmet to helmet you described and were Blandino is simply wrong. Second one was early in the game when DJax catches a low ball and get speared from behind in the back. I believe that was the first one and they drew a flag on this. After that, they were very reluctant to draw a flag. Including the hit on Crowder where he signaled Fair Catch, flag was extremly slow.

2 hours ago, purbeast said:

Chris Baker was talking yesterday that on the Pierre Garcon OPI call, Pacman Jones hit  him in the head with his hands at the line of scrimmage, and that wasn't even called.

Here's the only blurry image that I could find which was on the article I read about it.

Here's the full story.

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2016/11/01/chris-baker-asks-what-about-jones-grabbing-garcon/

Tell that to Ray Ban Dan :P

Oh wait... Only Norman does it...

4 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

Helmet to helmet contact on an established runner is called when ..." A 15-yard penalty will be called if a runner or a tackler initiates forcible contact by delivering a blow with the top/crown of his helmet against an opponent when both players clearly are outside the tackle box (an area extending from tackle-to-tackle and from 3 yards beyond the line of scrimmage to the offensive team's end line). Incidental contact by the helmet of a runner or a tackler against an opponent would not be deemed a foul"

If the H2H happened to Desean before he completed 2 steps and when he was a defenseless player in the act of making a catch, then yes, thats a 15 yarder. But Desean took 3 steps, establishing him as a runner and the tackler didnt use his crown. 

Under your interpretation, any time a tackler's facemask or helmet makes contact with a runners helmet, its 15 yards. They changes the rule a few years ago to avoid that interpretation.  

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000238662/article/new-nfl-rules-crownofhelmet-change-to-help-runner-defender

DJax was close to the sideline, which is outside of the tackle box, so the 15 yard penalty applies here.

On the other hit, he was lying on the ground. Making him defenseless. Which is 15 yards again.

6 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

DJax was close to the sideline, which is outside of the tackle box, so the 15 yard penalty applies here.

On the other hit, he was lying on the ground. Making him defenseless. Which is 15 yards again.

Yes, the hit when Desean was on the ground was a penalty and was called. 

No, the hit on Desean after he made that long catch was not a penalty. The Bengal defender did not use the crown of his helmet so whether or not it was outside the tackle box is not relevant. Desean was an established runner and helmet to helmet contact is permissible (as long as it is not launching or crown). I know he is a Redskin and it was a hard hit and there was H2H contact ... but we have to be somewhat objective. H2H contact with an established runner is permissible. 

10. Hit on D. Jackson: There was some debate as to whether an illegal-hit penalty should have been called on Bengals safety George Iloka for his helmet-to-helmet hit Sunday on Redskins wide receiver DeSean Jackson.

But a helmet-to-helmet hit is illegal only in certain circumstances in which the player who absorbs it is deemed defenseless; one such case is a receiver in the process of making a catch.

In this case, the officials apparently ruled that Jackson already had completed the process of making the catch and had established himself as a runner. A helmet-to-helmet hit on a ball carrier is legal.

That was the view of Mike Pereira, the NFL’s former vice president of officiating who is now a rules analyst for Fox. Pereira wrote on Twitter: “In the Washington game, Jackson was a runner, he was not defenseless. It is not a foul.”

• Like 1

I wasn't upset about the play on the sideline at all. Sure, I don't want to see Jackson (or anyone) get hurt. Even if the play was deemed illegal, it happened so quickly and was clearly unintentional that it didn't bother me it wasn't called. 

My general take on refs is that they make mistakes sometimes but aren't maliciously against the Redskins. The Garcon OPI was annoying and unfortunate, but I can see how it seemed like a penalty. Yes, on replay and in slow-motion it became clear that Garcon didn't push Jones, but the way both players moved immediately following the contact made it seem like he did. That happens. We got a ridiculous 15-yard penalty in our favor when Kelley flopped like a soccer player. 

5 hours ago, TheShredSkinz said:

Was I the only one to see KC take a h2h early in the game I think on the opening drive?

On the screen to Crowder . Should of been roughing the passer. Kirk got crushed after releasing the ball. Ref was looking right at him. Saw the hit, and then moved his eyes to Crowder. Not sure why he thought it wasn't worth a flag. 

I believe hat hit, set the tone for the game and allowed some of the other stuff to happen

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TheShredSkinz said:

Was I the only one to see KC take a h2h early in the game I think on the opening drive?

Nope.  I mentioned this in my first post in this thread as well.  I didn't see it until they showed the one replay from a different vantage point that kept Kirk in the camera shot as he threw it to Crowder, and it was a very blatant late hit and helmet to helmet.  It was on the opening drive as well and I didn't think much of it at the time.  But looking back, it is very suspicious going along with all the other missed calls.

18 hours ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

Yes but it wasn't incidental. It was intentional in my interpretation, which means protected or not, he should be flagged. The Iloka led with his head. Do you disagree?

2 hours ago, purbeast said:

Nope.  I mentioned this in my first post in this thread as well.  I didn't see it until they showed the one replay from a different vantage point that kept Kirk in the camera shot as he threw it to Crowder, and it was a very blatant late hit and helmet to helmet.  It was on the opening drive as well and I didn't think much of it at the time.  But looking back, it is very suspicious going along with all the other missed calls.

Here's a link to NFL.com's highlights of the game.  Pretty sure the play your talking about is the first one shown if anyone wants to look at it.  Hard to see a clear view of it, I definitely didn't notice it in real time.

Shows another look at that Reed catch along the sideline though.  Still don't know how they don't rule it a first down.  He was clearly over the line.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000730325/Redskins-vs-Bengals-highlights

Edited by Reaper Skins