Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Conspiracy Thread

Reaper Skins

The "drama" appears to be coming from the national media: PFT, USA Today, ESPN etc. 

The local beat reporters (who are actually plugged into our team like microwaves) are more fair and precise. 

Now that RGIII is gone and the name change effort has lost steam, the national guys need a new chew toy. Enter "over-hyped" and "overrated" josh norman. 

• Like 2

Y'all need to just take this in the same way we have to hear about Dallas every season, with a grain of salt the size of a Fiat and with the knowledge that when it comes back to bite 'em on the ass later, it will be all the sweeter.

Why exactly do you think this?

Jeff Lurie!! He knows "**** John Mara!" so connecting the obvious dots...

Y'all need to just take this in the same way we have to hear about Dallas every season, with a grain of salt the size of a Fiat and with the knowledge that when it comes back to bite 'em on the ass later, it will be all the sweeter.

Been waiting for all this nonsense to come back around and bite people for 24 years. Somehow born so I just missed 91 had no real memory of it.

Good luck waiting. I just laugh along now.

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/hall-of-fame-game-canceled-due-to-poor-playing-conditions-on-the-field/

So does this mean the Packers and the Colts get one less game of wear and tear on their athletes before starting the 2016 season? Competitive advantage? Or disadvantage for their depth charts? Was it done intentionally by the league to give extra recovery time to two teams who were crippled by injury last season and are expected to be in the playoff hunt this year? :P

Edited by Reaper Skins

Well I will say this... if you're going to blame the paint then you never planned on playing a game tonight.

I don't know if that's for the teams or for the Olympics or something else... but you weren't going to play a game tonight.

Well I will say this... if you're going to blame the paint then you never planned on playing a game tonight.

I don't know if that's for the teams or for the Olympics or something else... but you weren't going to play a game tonight.

You honestly think the NFL gives a damn about the olympics?

You honestly think the NFL gives a damn about the olympics?

You honestly think someone ****ed up on the paint?

This is a multi-billion dollar company...

It's not beyond the realm for Roger to do a solid, either.

Like I said, I don't know why, but in my opinion there's no chance they planned to play the game tonight.

Maybe they misspelled Colts to ****s?

Great googly moogly

You honestly think someone ****ed up on the paint?

This is a multi-billion dollar company...

It's not beyond the realm for Roger to do a solid, either.

Like I said, I don't know why, but in my opinion there's no chance they planned to play the game tonight.

Yeah...I honestly do think someone screwed up the paint. Because now, the NFL loses money.

You think the Roger likes losing money? If he cared about the olympics he'd have rescheduled the game to Monday....it's not like the olympics was just scheduled yesterday

Yeah...I honestly do think someone screwed up the paint. Because now, the NFL loses money.

You think the Roger likes losing money? If he cared about the olympics he'd have rescheduled the game to Monday....it's not like the olympics was just scheduled yesterday

Whose to say he's not getting a percentage from the IOC or the USOC?

And if they knew going in they weren't going to play they weren't losing a ton of money.

Especially not for the HOF game.

Whose to say he's not getting a percentage from the IOC or the USOC?

And if they knew going in they weren't going to play they weren't losing a ton of money.

Especially not for the HOF game.

Wow...you honestly believe that....just....wow. the IOC is more corrupt then any sport...you think they would give the NFL a cut?

Damn...I have a bridge in the Sahara you may wanna buy

On Monday, August 08, 2016 at 4:12 AM, Xameil said:

Wow...you honestly believe that....just....wow. the IOC is more corrupt then any sport...you think they would give the NFL a cut?

Damn...I have a bridge in the Sahara you may wanna buy

If you really believe someone screwed up the paint, you might be wrong.

As if a multi-billion dollar company wouldn't notice and correct the problem before it's too late...

They should have noticed it before.

But I really doubt they're that dumb and that was their escape pod in case their not so famous mostly boring HOF was lined up against Michael Phelps or whoever in the Olympics.

7 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

If you really believe someone screwed up the paint, you might be wrong.

As if a multi-billion dollar company wouldn't notice and correct the problem before it's too late...

They should have noticed it before.

But I really doubt they're that dumb and that was their escape pod in case their not so famous mostly boring HOF was lined up against Michael Phelps or whoever in the Olympics.

Again...you think they didn't know the Olympic schedule? Swimming wasn't even close to the Olympics. You are all reaching hardcore. The Roge would not cancel a game due to the Olympics. He has too much money to lose.

I think we have seen all over the place of gross incompetence with fields. Its happened to the Steelers as well when they tried to fix the turf with sod a day before a game. The only difference now is that if any players got injured then there would be hell to pay. So yeah...I would bet they are that dumb 

ESPN twisting Cousins' words about wanting to be a "boring, successful" franchise like the Spurs.

http://redskinswire.usatoday.com/2016/08/18/even-when-boring-the-redskins-get-it-nationally/

Just as a reminder, you know which team is frequently considered as being the best of all time?  The "boring" '91 Redskins.  I'll take that as a model for this team to emulate any day:

"It is true that it boasted three future Hall of Famers in Art Monk, Russ Grimm, and Darrell Green. But no one ever thought of those guys as “superstars,” in fact that may be the first time the word’s been used in the same sentence with any of their names. If one were cynical, he or she might even dismiss them as boring players,"

http://johnbostwick.blogspot.com/2012/01/1991-washington-redskins-one-of-nfls.html

"This is one of the more dominant teams in league history. This team was so dominant, that they were more or less boring to watch. They weren’t like the 85 Bears who were flashy dominant and left viewers in awe. They were workmanlike."

http://alphawolfsports.blogspot.com/2015/09/ten-for-ten-10-1991-washington-redskins.html

"The squad that stands out to me the most, though, is the 1991Washington Redskins. Often overlooked as one of the league’s best teams, this group dominated in every aspect of the game."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/187991-1991-redskins-an-underrated-team

Edited by Reaper Skins

Um, the 1991 Redskins were NOT boring to watch, even without the B&G glasses.  Two punt returns for TDs.  Scored at least 3 TDs in all but a few games and scored more than 30 8 times, including 5 the first 7.  We were in the top 5 in passing yards and led the league in yards per attempt and while not considered all that meaningful by many, averaged over 14 yards per completion.  Only 1 team threw for more TDs and no team was considered a better RZ passing team.  We did dominate our opponents most of the time and had so many games wrapped up by quarter 4 (only 6 games could have gone either way), so I guess that can make for a boring game if you don't have a horse in the race (or are a fan of the dominated team).

The team is overlooked because it was pretty much an end of an era.  Dallas would come the dominate team on the NFC East and the NFC Beast got on the road to the NFC Least.  The next year, we pretty much backed into the playoffs. It was not preceded or followed up like the Green Bay or Pittsburgh. The 24x7x365 NFL of the WWW/CBA era had not yet become a thing and now many of the sports media grew up in an era when the Redskins were at best mediocre, some even probably during the long periods of suck we've experienced since that year.

Giants being held to different standard for domestic Violence Cases than the rest of the league?  Mara not being objective when his own team is concerned?  Imagine if this was the Redskins kicker....

The code of silence coming from the Giants in the wake of kicker Josh Brown’s one-game suspension for violating the NFL’s personal conduct policy is as mystifying as it is disturbing.

General manager Jerry Reese has said nothing.

Team president John Mara, one of the most respected owners in the game and a leading voice on important NFL matters, has said nothing.

Zero.

The Giants may have a well-earned reputation for doing and saying the right things on any number of issues and for treating their players fairly over the years, but they have come up very, very small on this one. Silence won’t make it go away.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/columnists/bob-glauber/giants-silence-on-josh-brown-s-suspension-disturbing-1.12215391

With Josh Brown’s one-game suspension for a violation of the personal conduct policy, coupled with the baffling memo justifying its decision, the NFL reset its domestic violence awareness to pre-Ray Rice levels. The league demonstrated that the only lesson it learned from the Troubles of 2014 was that if the league talks a good game and waits for the news cycle to simmer down, it won’t have to do anything messy like address domestic violence seriously, do the right thing or even follow through on its own half-hearted condemnations.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2659183-josh-brown-case-proves-that-the-nfl-learned-all-the-wrong-lessons-from-ray-rice

Edited by Reaper Skins

"It seems there is lots of controversy with your officiating," says Serres, a tall and wry Frenchman. "Why do you think this is?"

"I think it's the mob," Norman says. "I think the refs are in cahoots with the mob."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17372634/washington-redskins-cb-josh-norman-best-cornerback-earth-nfl

Just tucking this here for reference to see what kind of calls Norman gets for and against him this season lol.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Reaper Skins said:

"It seems there is lots of controversy with your officiating," says Serres, a tall and wry Frenchman. "Why do you think this is?"

"I think it's the mob," Norman says. "I think the refs are in cahoots with the mob."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17372634/washington-redskins-cb-josh-norman-best-cornerback-earth-nfl

Just tucking this here for reference to see what kind of calls Norman gets for and against him this season lol.

I loved this quote:

"He's so cold. There is no emotion or nothing,” Norman said via ESPN.com. “Horrible. He's straight horrible."

Interestingly, I saw this when I read the article yesterday (the one at the link you provided). However, when I went back to snag the quote it was gone. I found it here:

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/josh-norman-holds-nothing-back-when-discussing-roger-goodell-082316

Anyone else wondering if Goodell reached out to ESPN and coldly told them to remove the quote? :rofl89:

• Like 1

looks like the NFL is already laying the groundwork for this season's shady officiating calls.  They already have a built in excuse for why more games will be mysteriously decided by subjective official calls before the season even starts, as told from the guy who is supposed to know the rule book better than anyone:

"It's going to be a rebuilding year," said Pereira, speaking of this coming season. "The good news is that when the league emerges from it, the officiating will be better than ever, when the officials get acclimated. They have a good leader in Dean Blandino and they are bringing in some good officials."

And the bad news?

"In the short term," he said, "you're going to see some bumps."

This means that in the next few years, we will likely see more wrong calls and games determined by mistakes. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think I am. This will also be compounded by the fact that, as Pereira says, the NFL will likely add an eighth official.

Long-term? Good. Short-term? Buckle up. (Always wanted to say "buckle up.")

How complex are the NFL's rules? Pereira remembers when he first saw the NFL's rulebook. "I thought, 'This is one of the most complex things I've ever read in my life.' Even today, when I read it, I discover something in it new to me."

So even to someone like Pereira, who knows the NFL rules as well as anyone, that damn rulebook can be confounding.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2651680-mike-freemans-10-point-stance-nfls-inexperienced-refs-in-for-rough-season

Translation:  The refs are going to have more control over who wins and loses every Sunday, and NFL will sit back and use the argument that its because the rule book that THEY designed is too complicated for the officials THEY trained to understand and enforce on any sort of objective level.  Not exactly the best way to show that you care about "protecting the integrity of the game" over all else NFL.  

Edited by Reaper Skins
  • Like 1