Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL to release 2015 schedule tomorrow (Tuesday April 21) @ 8pm ET

balki1867

When I look at this schedule, if you for a second forget it's the 'Skins schedule, I see an easy schedule.  Easy for OUR TEAM? That is to be determined, but to me it looks like the kind of schedule where a 5/6 win team can manage a .500 record and/or a .500 team could steal a 9-7 record.

Does this mean OUR TEAM will manage to do this? Who knows since I really have no idea what to think about them going into this season, but the schedule itself doesn't look incredibly difficult.

Yeah NoCal its good to have 3 of the first 4 at home and a few of the early road games against shaky teams like the Falcons and Jets.  I'd rather that then having to play the Cowboys, Pats, and, say. Panthers on the road early........that kind of slate can potentially sink your season.

I'm not looking for miracles this season.....at this point, want to optimistically cheer for 8-8.

I notice that the second time we face the Giants, they get a bye the week before.

However, our bye (week 8) comes before we face the Patriots.

We also start with two home games (Miami and St. Louis) and finish with two road games (Philadelphia and Dallas).

I like the mid season bye. Like 3 of 4 at home to start, don't like 3 of 4 on the road to finish. Dec 13 in Chicago could be a bad weather game. Other than that who knows. The only team on that schedule you can say you know will be good right now is the Pats. Every other team on the schedule could go 8-8 or worse.

I think we could pull 8-8 out of that schedule with decent QB play. Of course decent QB play is very much in question.

This is my dream schedule.

Thirteen 1pm starts.  

One of the three night games is on a Sunday night, so really only two night games that are inconvenient.

And the Bears game is late enough in the season that I can get a ticket for cheap.

This is my dream schedule.

Thirteen 1pm starts.  

One of the three night games is on a Sunday night, so really only two night games that are inconvenient.

And the Bears game is late enough in the season that I can get a ticket for cheap.

sunday night game? u talkin bout the skins right? we have a thursday night, monday night, and saturday night game

if read option is back in the offense on a significant basis; we go 11-5....if RG3 is primarily a pocket passer; we're 6-10

I'll have what your smoking.  Even last year RG3 did not show nearly close to his explosiveness he did in his rookie year.  Teams are also defending the RO way better than our rookie year with RG3.  I doubt we use it like Kyle Shanny, the only thing good we have going is the NFC East is weak this year.

sunday night game? u talkin bout the skins right? we have a thursday night, monday night, and saturday night game

Ha, good catch, I meant to say Saturday night.  It's convenient because its on a Saturday night.

BTW, if anyone is a scheduling geek like me, it looks like CBS has 1:00 and 4:00 games during the first week of the season. This is kind of weird because CBS usually doesn't do late games that week (to save that time slot for the Tennis US Open Men's Finals).  I'm trying to figure out if they no longer air the US Open or something.

(As a historical note, they actually created the two MNF slots during week 1 to help alleviate this problem.  It was next to impossible to schedule the Broncos, Raiders and Chargers in week 1--  Especially since the Raiders share a market with the 49ers and they try to avoid having them play at the same time, and the Raiders share a stadium with the Oakland As and they need 24 hours to convert it).

Per CBS Sports " Teams That Could Have Hot Start to the Season"...

Washington Redskins: Dolphins, Rams, at Giants, Eagles, at Falcons, at Jets, Buccaneers

Washington doesn't exactly have the league's strongest roster, but the same can be said for most of their early-season opponents. This crew combined for a 42-70 record last year, good for a paltry 0.375 winning percentage. They only go on the road three times here, and all three games see them staying on the east coast. Two of them are in New Jersey. Six of these seven opponents are will pick in the top half of the NFL draft's first round next week and four of them have quarterback situations that are very... up in the air. Washington hits the bye right at the end of this stretch, and where their record stands at that time could go a long way toward determining if either Robert Griffin III or Jay Gruden have a future in D.C.

I don't know, in most years Id be doing backflips over that schedule. It's not intimidating at all.

However, based on the QB play, I'm a little concerned. With even slightly above average QB play, that could be an 8-8 year easy imo.

I guess we will see how it plays out, I could just as easily see us at 0-4 after the first quarter.

Archived