Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL to release 2015 schedule tomorrow (Tuesday April 21) @ 8pm ET

balki1867

Heading to the USA (from Australia), in September this year and was waiting for the schedule to come out so i can arrange my holidays.

This has worked out brilliantly as i will be able to catch the Rams game, and the Thursday night game at the Giants. (Will also be in Chicago for the Green Bay game in Week 1)

Any tips on how/where to get tickets would be much appreciated, as i was planning on going through StubHub 

Aw, c'mon guys and gals, how 'bout a little optimism here?

The biggest issue, non-QB related, was the inability of the defense to stop a cricket from crossing the goal line! Although, i've had a few bourbon nights i'd rather forget, chasing crickets, and I guess it could be a task not meant for everyone. [ BTW those damn things are tricky when you're seeing triple ]. 

Nevertheless, now that you-know-who is gone [ I refuse to mention his name ] the defense HAS to be better. It may be that spark itself that helps the team overall, and could very well shock alot of people.

Hey, it beats chasing crickets drunk!

Haven't looked at in detail but just glancing at the team schedules when they flashed them on the screen last night, it appears we play 3 teams after their bye week and another after a Thur. night game ??

Week 2: St.Louis Rams at home....all I care about.

If this team doesn't send out a Jeff Fisher impersonator to do the coin flip, commit a slew of well placed personal foul penalties and beat the living **** out of those ******* overrated ************* never been Rams, the rest of the season will be meaningless to me.

Week 2: St.Louis Rams at home....all I care about.

If this team doesn't send out a Jeff Fisher impersonator to do the coin flip, commit a slew of well placed personal foul penalties and beat the living **** out of those ******* overrated ************* never been Rams, the rest of the season will be meaningless to me.

Should just send out RG3 carrying the division champ banner from 2012 and ask the Rams what they've done since the trade

I think our schedule is deceptively tough this year, which is sort of at odds with predicting a high win total given our "true rebuild" has begun and there is no need to hope for the best, rather, trusting the long term process of becoming a winner by making positive football decisions consistently over the long run. 

With that said, as of today (pre draft, pre preseason) I think 6-10 is the record we have the highest percentage chance of attaining, 5-11 would also be pretty likely.  4-12 or 7-9 are probably fair game as well.  

Looking at the sched, first 4 games we end up 1-3, next 4 looks like 2-2, next 4 look like 2-2, last four 1-3.

I figure our team will start to play like how it is built, like most of the recent NFC west teams before their QB play began to improve.  Tough on defense, and inconsistent offense, but with an identity developing on both, D moreso than O.  Which is an improvement on last year, since we were inconsistent/inept at both. 

Hard to predict a season before it starts, no matter what the schedule says. Based on what we know today, about how teams were last year, I'd say we have a floor of 4-12, a ceiling of 8-8, and a likely finish of around 7-9 or 6-10.

Our division has been weakening in recent memory.

Per CBS Sports " Teams That Could Have Hot Start to the Season"...

Washington Redskins: Dolphins, Rams, at Giants, Eagles, at Falcons, at Jets, Buccaneers

Washington doesn't exactly have the league's strongest roster, but the same can be said for most of their early-season opponents. This crew combined for a 42-70 record last year, good for a paltry 0.375 winning percentage. They only go on the road three times here, and all three games see them staying on the east coast. Two of them are in New Jersey. Six of these seven opponents are will pick in the top half of the NFL draft's first round next week and four of them have quarterback situations that are very... up in the air. Washington hits the bye right at the end of this stretch, and where their record stands at that time could go a long way toward determining if either Robert Griffin III or Jay Gruden have a future in D.C.

We'll certainly find a way to **** this up and create some fresh maelstrom of ugly drama both in the locker room and in the media well before the bye week.

BTW, if anyone is a scheduling geek like me, it looks like CBS has 1:00 and 4:00 games during the first week of the season. This is kind of weird because CBS usually doesn't do late games that week (to save that time slot for the Tennis US Open Men's Finals).  I'm trying to figure out if they no longer air the US Open or something.

I read somewhere last night that the US Open was moved to ESPN. 

As for the schedule, I would like to see 8-8 or 9-7. 

Realistically though I am thinking 6-10 or 7-9.

Having 3 of the first 4 at home gives us a chance at a strong start to the season.  It will be great if we can have a winning record and gain some confidence as we get to mid-season.

On the opposite side of the coin, having 3 of the last 4 on the road, gives us a chance for an extra high draft pick if we have already crashed and are starting to burn. 

It's impossible to know how we're going to do.  With the exception of predicting the Patriots will be good, e.g....the NFL is very unpredictable.   Judging by our history, it's always a safe bet to go with a prediction of a losing season.   We have so many variables related to our team that are complete wildcards that could swing us in any direction.  We have no idea how Barry will coach the D.  We have no idea if the roster on D, while vastly improved on paper, will result in good play on the field or not.  We have no idea if Callahan will have this oline playing better or not.  We have no idea who we're drafting and if they will contribute at a high level this coming season.   We have no idea if Gruden is going to grow as a HC or become a dead man walking by mid-season.  Last, but not least, we have RG3, the biggest wildcard of them all.  If he bounces back, we could have an exciting year.  If not, we'll struggle to be 8-8.

I'm going 6-10 just because they've been lousy a lot more often than not in recent years.  I hope they prove me wrong.

Greg Hardy's suspension ends right before we play the Cowboys? Wow that kind of stuff NEVER HAPPENS..........ugh.

Well, he does have to be in game shape.  He hasn't played and will not play for a pretty long time.  There has to be some rust to shake off.  I'm not concerned.

For those who are bullish on 2015; 3 things need to happen for your faith to become reality.

1. Jay Gruden becomes a head coach.  2014, left many, me inlcuded that he was way over his head.

2. Robert Griffin has not only remain healthy all season but show he can be the long term future of the franchise.

3. The HEAD COACH Gruden has to believe in his STARTING QB Robert Griffin.

That's all of ifs that need to be answered. If they can answered on the affirmative; then maybe good things can happen.  If not, then not matter what changes we made in 2015 will matter if we still have a head coach that can't coach and a QB that can't stay healthy and show he can be an NFL QB.

For those who are bullish on 2015; 3 things need to happen for your faith to become reality.

1. Jay Gruden becomes a head coach. 2014, left many, me inlcuded that he was way over his head.

2. Robert Griffin has not only remain healthy all season but show he can be the long term future of the franchise.

3. The HEAD COACH Gruden has to believe in his STARTING QB Robert Griffin.

That's all of ifs that need to be answered. If they can answered on the affirmative; then maybe good things can happen. If not, then not matter what changes we made in 2015 will matter if we still have a head coach that can't coach and a QB that can't stay healthy and show he can be an NFL QB.

I have ZERO faith in either the coach or the QB. It's why I have no excitement for the 2015 season. I think they are both lame ducks and this season will just be a really bad year where we aren't building towards much of anything. Probably just a year for SM to get a shock to the system and realize exactly what kind of mess he's stepped into. His FA signings so far indicate to me that he might think this team has a better chance to compete than we do. I'm not particularly impressed with anything SM has done thus far. I suppose you could argue that he's simply trying to make them not humiliating in 2015 and I do understand that. But I still see so much dead weight on this roster-- so many guys I don't think will be here after this process from SM is complete. I'm also not sure Snyder and Allen will have the stomach for what really needs to be done. I'm definitely anticipating this being the last year in DC for coach and QB. I'm basically ready to just get the season over with--- and it's April.

I have ZERO faith in either the coach or the QB. It's why I have no excitement for the 2015 season. I think they are both lame ducks and this season will just be a really bad year where we aren't building towards much of anything. Probably just a year for SM to get a shock to the system and realize exactly what kind of mess he's stepped into. His FA signings so far indicate to me that he might think this team has a better chance to compete than we do. I'm not particularly impressed with anything SM has done thus far. I suppose you could argue that he's simply trying to make them not humiliating in 2015 and I do understand that. But I still see so much dead weight on this roster-- so many guys I don't think will be here after this process from SM is complete. I'm also not sure Snyder and Allen will have the stomach for what really needs to be done. I'm definitely anticipating this being the last year in DC for coach and QB. I'm basically ready to just get the season over with--- and it's April.

I disagree somewhat.

I agree that our future QB is not currently on the roster, but I have faith we have quality coaches in place.  I think GMSM went out and got the best players available that fit his criteria.  For the most part young character guys that fit specific contract and cap criteria.  I believe GMSM will eventually adopt the use of the draft to get talent and use FA just to fill specific holes.  As for dead weight, you can only fill so many holes in one off season.  The team he inherited was not very good and you can't just cut a player until you find a replacement.  I bet GMSM has a list of players that he has targeted to replace long term, but a season or two may pass until that player can be replaced.  Until you can find a quality replacement, why draft or sign a player that may be only marginally better, thus wasting cap space and such.  Everything that I have read indicates GMSM is going to bring in the best players that he can.  He is going to draft BPA and begin the process of improving the talent of the team.  With only 7 picks in the draft, he can only do so much this off season.  The team will have players on the roster in 2015 that should not be there.  We just have to have faith GMSM will eventually replace all the dead weight with quality players.

What I want to see this season is improvement from our head coach in his second season.  I want to see better management of the team from the coaching staff.  I want to see improvement on the field.  I am not worried about wins if I see progression and such.  Lastly, and most important, the team needs to find a franchise QB.

Archived