Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which Player Woud You Select at #5?

Mania

Which Player would you take at number 5?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. If we had to draft a player at number 5 and Williams and a trade down were not an option, who would you select?

This poll is closed to new votes

I had Ajayi as a massive possible for Dallas Monk man; but as per Brugler, they're one of the teams scared off by the bone-on-bone so I think they'll now be looking for him at 60.

That said, Dallas are the exact type of team to ride that ridiculous talent his rookie contract and then see where they stand beyond that so you never know.

I have the possibly moving up to the early 20's and taking the best corner there.

If they get Johnson I'll be sick,

Hail.

Our second round pick can be considered as as a 1...So much talent at the top of the second round

Man I love you ...... Uhmmmmm, in a purely brotherly, 'man do we know football!'chest bump way before anyone goes getting any ideas!  :ph34r:

I was saying very similar in the ES Mock Draft where I was drafting for Dallas in so far as Dallas' first pick at 27 becomes, to all intents and purposes, a high second. All the elite talent is gone, and everything mid first through the second is all of a similar caliber. 

But it fell on def ears and some still thought a second round pre draft 'grade' was a reach regardless. Shrugs. 

Hail. 

Here is how I would handle things this evening. 

1) Williams

2) trade back, but not outside of top 12 (pick top olinemen on the the board)

3) top olinemen

4) trade back outside of top 12, but must pick up a first rounder in next years draft (pick top olinemen on the the board)

5) top WR (I think Cooper is #1) if he is on the board

6) top OLB - I thought it was Beasley, but now, it seems all the GMs think it is Fowler, so I will trust what I am hearing

I would not touch a RB in the first.  If Gurley is there in the 2nd, I would think about it, but it would depend on if we got oline in the first.

Everyone seems pretty sure the Bucs and Titans go QB 1 and 2. Of course the dream is for Jax or Oakland to pull a Huh? and pick someone that everyone else has 10 - 20 on their board. Then a better player falls to 5 that either we can take or trade down if somebody really wants to trade up to get him.

I'm really hoping Jax or Oakland or both goes wide receiver because then Williams would fall to us.

A high first round receiver / running back is always too iffy of a pick in my book.

It depends which Watt you are thinking of. The one today (my grandmother would say he is the stud of studs) or the one that came our of college and we passed up to trade back? Because honestly if Williams is there at 5 and we pass him up for a trade back we will be having the same conversation we can have right now. yea its good to have Kerrigan, but man how awesome would be to have JJ Watt and the hell with that 3rd rounder we got.

Watch jj watt is college, he was better than williams. The only reason he fell to the 11th pick is because that draft had an ABSURD amount of talent. Watt had an excellent career and an elite combine, make no mistake, he would have been rated well over williams had they been in the same year.

What I want at #5, is for us to get more picks.  I think we can still get someone to trade up to #5, if Mariotta isn't there.  We can then pick up some picks and still be able to get the player we want.

My dream would be for us to move down a little, get the player we want and of course, pick up picks but not only picks for this year. We also, get a first rounder in 2016.  Why worry about 2016? My guesss, we may need that first rounder to help us get the franchise QB for our new head coach.

Sunday morning is going to start with a soviet sunrise, "Blue Dawn," as bottles of Stolichnaya are popped and we party Chelski style! No need for Terry.26 to photobomb the championship, he'll be there. 

Well when you move to within one title of the 'mighty' Sunderland, that sure is worth celebrating my friend.  :P.

But shouldn't it be less vodka and more a fine Portuguese Vino?  ;).

Hail. 

What I want at #5, is for us to get more picks. I think we can still get someone to trade up to #5, if Mariotta isn't there. We can then pick up some picks and still be able to get the player we want.

My dream would be for us to move down a little, get the player we want and of course, pick up picks but not only picks for this year. We also, get a first rounder in 2016. Why worry about 2016? My guesss, we may need that first rounder to help us get the franchise QB for our new head coach.

Yeah, and I'm warming up to next year's qb class. Don't think there are any superstars, but there are a lot of guys I like as 2nd rounders.

Thanks for the response.

I'm seeing these guys (Peat, Flowers, and Scherff) coming off the board in the 10-20 range of a lot of mocks. Would it really be that much of a reach to take the one we like best at 5?

I remember people thinking we reached for TW too . . .

I guess the question is one of good versus great. If you think that one of these other positions, let's say Williams can be a great... than he's worth a lot more than a good.  If you have Beasley rated as an A- and one of the tackle guards as a B/B+ then I say go for the need, but if it's a difference between a A/A+ and a B/B+ then go for the A+ because how many of those do you get a shot at?

Surprised Scherff is in 4th here. Figured there were more OL advocates. Absolutely would pick him at 5, he's a great talent.

Huge reach at 5...huge. I'd only take a Guard in the top 5 if he was pretty much universally regarded as a generational talent. Scherff is a good prospect but he isn't an elite talent, let alone generational. He is the best OL in a pretty weak OL draft (at least at the top)

What's amusing to me is the vast majority of people that hate this pick, would be the same people complaining that we didn't draft o-line come week 12-14 when we were sitting at 2-3 wins and RGIII, Cousins, Colt were slapped around cause we still had nobody capable of holding blocks and giving them time to throw.

I didn't really like the "value" of Scherff at 5, and still feel there are some "mauler" linemen out there in the 2nd (Clemmings for RT, Cann for OG).

That being said, I defer to Scot, and on the whole, I like the pick.

His Big Board isn't that different, frankly the big change is that L.Williams' injuries were more concerning than we knew about.

The only two players I might have wistfully wanted aside from Scherff available once Williams' injury issues popped up were Beasley and Shelton, but even then I rate all three of them pretty closely.

Scherff + Callahan has some very good potential.

Archived