Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Non-Winter Weather Thread

d0ublestr0ker0ll

Tropical Storm Ian A Formidable Hurricane Threat To Florida, Cuba, Cayman Islands

Tropical Storm Ian is about to undergo explosive intensification into a major hurricane in the western Caribbean Sea and Gulf of Mexico, a danger to the Cayman Islands, western Cuba and Florida in the coming days.

As Florida prepares for Ian, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis has declared a state of emergency for all 67 counties. This will make more resources available for storm preparation and will also activate members of the Florida National Guard to be put on standby ahead of Ian's arrival.

The forecast has trended westward over the last day or so. There are aspects of the forecast in which we have more confidence, while others remain uncertain, which is typical for tropical forecasting this far out in time.

Here's a look at everything we know right now about Ian.

Tropical Storm Ian is located in the western Caribbean Sea and is beginning to make its long-anticipated turn toward the northwest.

It is producing some outer bands of showers with locally heavy rain wrapping into Jamaica.

DCT_SPECIAL7_1280x720.jpg?crop=16:9&widt

Click on the link for the full article

1 hour ago, The Almighty Buzz said:

My mom lives about an hour south of Tampa, 3 miles inland from the gulf.  She is debating if she should evactuate.  :angry:

And I'm her executor but I'm too busy for that **** right now.  :hitfan:

She works for Home Depot and they asked for volunteers to go beef up the stores outside the area so she is doing that.  So that's one less headache. 

9 hours ago, LD0506 said:

May be an image of text that says 'Summer really clocked out right at the end of it's shift'

Quiet quitting…

1 hour ago, GoCommiesGo said:

If she has an easy way to do it, I don't think it would be bad. I'm not familiar with the geography of Tampa, but we're gearing up for a major event. 

image.png.d134a10b2e5ecafae3a970b28e31d486.png

image.thumb.png.e71ed79445e0e8dc0ca4a06691704d61.png

Just fyi those probabilities have to do with the track. There is 100 percent probability that someone along the Florida coast will get hurricane winds. But major story gonna be the flooding as it always is…

4 minutes ago, Chew said:

My parents live in Venice, they're preparing for a direct hit.  They've got hurricane shutters/windows & doors, nor are they in a flood zone.  

They should be okay, but fingers crossed.  

I hope they are OK, but Venice is so named because it has a bunch of canals that are connected to the gulf.  With a large storm surge the whole area is a flood zone because it's low lying.

30 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Just fyi those probabilities have to do with the track. There is 100 percent probability that someone along the Florida coast will get hurricane winds. But major story gonna be the flooding as it always is…

I’m aware, I work for FEMA, and I’m just sharing the information we get in our daily brief. 

• Thumb up 1

The problem with staying is even if your house survives the infrastructure may be destroyed. Power, running water, sewer not just inoperable but spilling into the open environment via flooding. 

I don’t understand the people that stay. 

if you want rough it go camp somewhere and come back when it’s over. 

• Thumb up 2