Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Non-Winter Weather Thread

d0ublestr0ker0ll

That was the biggest bust I have witnessed since the ole nor'Easters back home were predicted to drop a foot or more and would totally miss us.

This storm surprised everyone by almost immediately turning in to a squall line (not good for tornadoes).  Handfull of supercells scattered around the region, the most concerning of which got swallowed up by the squall by the time it was near OKC.

Here in Tulsa, there were 2 tornado warnings within the squall line to the west of us about 30 minutes before it got here.  So I DID get my boots and heavy clothes on.  Didn't take any other course of action.  Warnings weren't extended to us.

Relatively light wind and rain, no hail, but some hella pissed off lightning.  That lighting was DIFFERENT.  One quick flash on every bolt, no flickering.  Didn't clap when it was hitting around me, sounded like bombs going off every second.  Basically had a 3.0 earthquake for 15 minutes.  **** meant business.

But what a bust.

Wednesday has the same kind of threat in Oklahoma.

My best shot of the storm, lightning taking a hard 2 mile turn at a very low altitude.  You can see where it hit in the lower left:

Screenshot_20220503-001922_YouTube.thumb.jpg.acbcb8fce30edac849ee0e60232bbc96.jpg

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

15 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Sorry, dude.  🤬   Once again, we're gonna get the end of it on Friday.  

My dog is trippin.  Been panting for 12 hours.  Thunder is almost constant.  These supercells (tornado producers) are currently heading towards me.  Getting ready.

• Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like a lil tornado threat tonight.  Ryan Hall going live at 5.  His streams feel like football games to me.

Colorado is under a red flag fire warning, but then a winter storm rolls in.

Looks like the east coast is experiencing a heat wave for a while.

Sittin' pretty in Oklahoma...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...