Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Non-Winter Weather Thread

d0ublestr0ker0ll

3 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Alabama getting the 'nado business right now.  Broken record ish.

Tornado outbreaks, in a broad sense, are shifting east.  Wonder what that's all about.

I'm probably jinxing it, but heck if everyone here in OK has been like WTF the past few years.  We miss you, land of Oz.

Next Tuesday we are the target. Late April/May models for Oklahoma look rough. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, ShredSkins said:

Next Tuesday we are the target. Late April/May models for Oklahoma look rough. 

I've been wondering "what the heck."  The wind and moisture from the Gulf meeting with the fronts just keeps slipping south and east...even northeast of us.  Like, Minnesota has gotten the business lately.

Overdue sucks.  I assume the penalty for dodging bullets is...

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

7 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

I've been wondering "what the heck."  The wind and moisture from the Gulf meeting with the fronts just keeps slipping south and east...even northeast of us.  Like, Minnesota has gotten the business lately.

Overdue sucks.  I assume the penalty for dodging bullets is...

We just need alittle heat and humidity. Kinda felt it today but then this North wind hit. If we stay dry and warm up this week I can see the humidity build up and the fronts are suppose to meet closer to the panhandle next week. 

It's Oklahoma so nothing will happen or there will be long tracked F4s across Farm lands and/or Moore. 

Me and the boss inspected works Tornado shelter today and our reviewing the plans with employees. Tomorrow I'm gonna check out my home's shelter tomorrow.

I'm 39 and lived here my whole life. 

Bring it on!!! 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ShredSkins said:

We just need alittle heat and humidity. Kinda felt it today but then this North wind hit. If we stay dry and warm up this week I can see the humidity build up and the fronts are suppose to meet closer to the panhandle next week. 

It's Oklahoma so nothing will happen or there will be long tracked F4s across Farm lands and/or Moore. 

Me and the boss inspected works Tornado shelter today and our reviewing the plans with employees. Tomorrow I'm gonna check out my home's shelter tomorrow.

I'm 39 and lived here my whole life. 

Bring it on!!! 

39 in July.  Been here 6 1/2 years.  New work building has 4 bathrooms...trying to decide between 2 of them as the better tornado shelter.

That said, if a 4 or 5 is targeting us, I'm driving out of the way.  Ryan Hall Y'all Youtube livestreams for the win.

2 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

39 in July.  Been here 6 1/2 years.  New work building has 4 bathrooms...trying to decide between 2 of them as the better tornado shelter.

That said, if a 4 or 5 is targeting us, I'm driving out of the way.  Ryan Hall Y'all Youtube livestreams for the win.

I recently started watching Ryan Hall. Good stuff. 

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Pretty far in advance. Must be a strong model signal…

What has me concerned is the Google weather outlook is very spotty.  Says weather will be nice here for the most part, then scattered thunderstorms every so often.

That tells me supercells, but I'm not up to date with this event at all.  Just a guess.

8 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

What has me concerned is the Google weather outlook is very spotty.  Says weather will be nice here for the most part, then scattered thunderstorms every so often.

That tells me supercells, but I'm not up to date with this event at all.  Just a guess.

It’s outside the range of the mesoscale models and I’m not versed enough to read the global models for severe weather…

22 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Gotta be honest, I don't know if I've seen wind, at this speed, at a constant rate, ever in Tulsa.

Constant 30-40 mph winds.

Reminds me of Maryland.

Except in Maryland, that was nothing to scoff at.

Here?

I dunno, hope I'm wrong.

It's not that uncommon. We always have trouble with the front doors breaking at work every year from wind. I am NW of Tulsa though

On 4/11/2022 at 12:22 PM, ShredSkins said:

It's not that uncommon. We always have trouble with the front doors breaking at work every year from wind. I am NW of Tulsa though

It's definitely uncommon for me.  Wind was almost constant in Maryland.  Way more sustained, higher gusts.  It's not even close.  Tulsa has stagnant air like 90% of the time.  This is why I like the spring here.  Finally, some wind.

Looks like tomorrow morning is our biggest threat rn.  So far so good...