Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Non-Winter Weather Thread

d0ublestr0ker0ll

Not that there’s ever a good time for something like this but damn if the timing couldn’t be worst. Middle of the night, time off year it’s not expected, just ahead of Christmas. 

One thing that isn’t clear to me is if there was any warning - as in we’re they aware in the afternoon? Before they went to bed? Or was this a 2 am warning which was like 15-20 minutes lead time?

cause watching these videos and pictures it’s kind of hard to imagine that if you didn’t evacuate the area ahead of time, you survived. These houses weren’t just blown over and damaged and moved off their foundations - they were shredded to pieces. You’d need a legit in ground, dedicated shelter to survive 

25 minutes ago, tshile said:

Not that there’s ever a good time for something like this but damn if the timing couldn’t be worst. Middle of the night, time off year it’s not expected, just ahead of Christmas. 

One thing that isn’t clear to me is if there was any warning - as in we’re they aware in the afternoon? Before they went to bed? Or was this a 2 am warning which was like 15-20 minutes lead time?

cause watching these videos and pictures it’s kind of hard to imagine that if you didn’t evacuate the area ahead of time, you survived. These houses weren’t just blown over and damaged and moved off their foundations - they were shredded to pieces. You’d need a legit in ground, dedicated shelter to survive 

Check my post from last night.  They know tornadoes were coming, but I imagine the exact where and when were the issue, with many people probably just going to bed and not expecting they would get hit.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, tshile said:

Of the previous 25 worst USA tornado events, all of them occurred between March and June…which is what one would expect.  Last night’s episode was either a far, far outlier or a terrifying warning of a post-warming climate.

• Sad 1

• 3 months later...

I was watching, and listening, to "Ryan Hall Y'all" on Youtube the whole time.

I recommend that channel for any hardcore weather person.

His live broadcasts during the serious storms are stuff of legend.

He, and we, his audience...thought the legendary Tornado Chaser Reed Timmer, had died.

Ryan stopped his tornado coverage to see if, in Fact, Reed was dead.

Reed ended up being ok.  It was hilarious, in hindsight.

I shed some tears, in the moment...being an Okie.

Listen to it in your pocket as you're doing work.  **** starts at 7 hours 49 minutes in to this vid.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

On 3/22/2022 at 4:03 PM, Cooked Crack said:

We found the red pickup truck that flipped over in Elgin tornado

“He was in shock; he was crying,” said Ruben Briones, who said he helped the driver of the red pickup truck seen flipping over on Highway 290 in Elgin in a widely-circulated video.

“He told me it was scary,” said Briones, who added the driver is from Manor but is leaving the truck in Elgin near where the tornado touched down for the time being.

The video of the truck driving through the tornado has gone viral. Hundreds of thousands have seen it across the world.

That includes Elgin resident Keith Leschber. He also happens to drive a red pickup truck. It was parked safely at home when the tornado hit, but when his friends saw the video — they got worried.

“He sees me and runs up to me, and I’m like, ‘what’s up man?’ He said, ‘I just want to see if you’re alright. I saw that red truck, and I didn’t know if it was you,'” he said.

The driver of the red truck in the viral video only has minor injuries.

“He had a scrape or some cuts on his left arm,” said Commander Aaron Crim with the Elgin Police Department. Crim pointed us to a Facebook post by Briones of the truck, telling us it was the same one he saw on scene.

Below are images of what the truck looks like now.

red-pickup-truck-from-tornado-2.jpg?resi

The windows are blown out. The side panels are dented and scraped. The rear view mirrors are gone.

Commander Crim said he spoke with the driver on the side of the road shortly after the tornado hit.

“I asked if he was okay, and he shook his head and didn’t really answer me,” he said. At that point, Crim had not seen the video yet.

“Now I understand why he had a blind stare. I’m sure he was scared to death,” he said.

Click on the link for the full article and more video

Wild weather: Severe storms, tornadoes target millions across the US. Here's the timeline.

Another multi-day severe weather outbreak is on tap for the central, southern and eastern U.S. this week.

Storms are expected to fire up Tuesday across the central U.S., but the day with the highest risk for severe weather will be Wednesday in the Deep South, forecasters said.

"Residents in portions of the South still reeling from last week's bout of destructive weather may find themselves in the path of Mother Nature's wrath once again this week," AccuWeather meteorologist Mary Gilbert said.

More than 23 million people are at risk for some type of severe weather Tuesday, and the number grows to more than 55 million Wednesday, the Storm Prediction Center said. On Thursday, 20 million people could see severe weather. 

On Tuesday evening, the greatest risk area for severe thunderstorms includes states from Iowa to Texas. The hazards associated with the storms are frequent lightning, severe wind gusts, hail and a few tornadoes, according to the National Weather Service.

33ab14b3-4251-4f46-bbe2-e4d5e3635e5a-sev

Click on the link for the full article

16 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

It's supposed to be here on Thursday.  Let me know how it goes, @d0ublestr0ker0ll

I will, and it looks like the deep south...east of Texas, is the main threat for a supercell or two.  Hell if that isn't the new tornado alley.  Oklahoma hasn't had a beast in like 10 years.  Alabama is the new Oklahoma.