Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some More Cops Who Need to Be Fired

Dan T.

Md. Police Officers File Discrimination Complaint With DOJ
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Maryland-Officers-File-Complaint-With-Justice-Department-Alleging-Racial-Discrimination-in-Police-Department-412593953.html

"More than 70 officers who are members of the local chapters of the National Hispanic Law Enforcement Association and the United Black Police Officers Association signed the complaint alleging unfair promotional practices and unfair disciplining among white and minority officers. Concerns also include how minority officers and white officers interact with each other, said Bob Ross president of the Prince George's County chapter of the NAACP."

Read about that several years ago, after talking to a guy in SoMD. Said that is the plan for a lot guys like that. Infiltrate various levels of govt and law enforcement.

And of course, seeing as the only kind of terrorism we like to acknowledge is Islamic terrorism, it has gone unchecked.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

In many discussions involving police shootings we see Chicago brought up. I thought this video summed up my thoughts about the violence in Chicago perfectly. I also wonder if that statistic he said about 75% of murders going unsolved is true. If so, maybe that is why so few precincts in this country report crime statistics to the FBI. IMO, that needs to be made mandatory. 

• Like 2

That came from the heart.

37 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

In many discussions involving police shootings we see Chicago brought up. I thought this video summed up my thoughts about the violence in Chicago perfectly. I also wonder if that statistic he said about 75% of murders going unsolved is true. If so, maybe that is why so few precincts in this country report crime statistics to the FBI. IMO, that needs to be made mandatory. 

Wouldn't surprise me. Most  attitudes towards violent black/Brown communities is "Let them kill each other". There isn't as much a priority placed on lives in those areas as there are areas in the suburbs, swanky neighborhoods in the city and gated communities.

• Like 1

Off duty cops takes "get off my lawn" seriously. 

Video is about 8 mins long, covers pretty much the entire event. 

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-lapd-anaheim-20170221-story.html 

I lived in So Cal and if you live near a school, kids are going to walk across your lawn. If you live in Balt City, kids will sit on your stoop. 

There kids. Walking to school. When I was in school, we'd climb your fence and smoke cigarettes on your nice patio furniture so school security couldnt see us. 

On 2/20/2017 at 6:49 PM, Mr. Sinister said:

That came from the heart.

Wouldn't surprise me. Most  attitudes towards violent black/Brown communities is "Let them kill each other". There isn't as much a priority placed on lives in those areas as there are areas in the suburbs, swanky neighborhoods in the city and gated communities.

That is, until a black person is killed/murdered by a cop and people get pissed about it. Then the standard conservative refrain is "yeah but look at how much they're killing each other in their own communities. why aren't they protesting that?"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

Off duty cops takes "get off my lawn" seriously. 

So tell me what the officer did wrong? There was something that happened before the video started. An off duty cop can become on duty at anytime. When he announces himself has a police officer he is now on duty. You can hear the in the video saying "your no Cop" so he announced he was a police officer. He then was pushed by at least 2 other people. And he pulled his gun, and let off a warning shot. It was him against about 10-15 people. I would feel for my life. One push to the ground and it is over. 

50 minutes ago, just654 said:

So tell me what the officer did wrong? There was something that happened before the video started. An off duty cop can become on duty at anytime. When he announces himself has a police officer he is now on duty. You can hear the in the video saying "your no Cop" so he announced he was a police officer. He then was pushed by at least 2 other people. And he pulled his gun, and let off a warning shot. It was him against about 10-15 people. I would feel for my life. One push to the ground and it is over. 

Dragging the kid by his collar across a lawn for a few mins was unnecessary and escalating. It appears that the kid wasnt on his lawn during this confrontation. 

If a kid crosses my lawn, can i leave my property and follow him and put my hands on him? I dont think so. School kids cross the corner of my lawn and I say hi and they pet my dog. 

Its school kids crossing his lawn... at no point should adults be putting hands on kids. The off duty cop unnecessarily escalated the situation imo. Call me old fashioned but I dont put my hands on kids or women. 

This off duty cop's attitude and decision making is part of the police image problem. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, just654 said:

He fired a shot at the ground. Around a large group of teenagers. After he escalated the situation for 6 minutes.  The "punch" and "bum rush" don't happen if he hasn't dragged a kid against his will across 2 properties. There are any number of steps of proper escalation he could have taken that would have led to him not even being questioned, like, oh I don't know taking a picture of the offending kids and calling his fellow officers and filing a complaint. Kids would have been called out of class to speak to cops, learned a lesson, and then gone home and ****ed to mom and dad. Off duty cop rolls on enjoying his off day. Everybody wins. But nope, he has to show those punk ass kids and learn em a lesson.

2 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

Its school kids crossing his lawn... at no point should adults be putting hands on kids

I agree with everything you said, except the bolded. That's going too far, sometimes kids need hands laid on them. If a kid swings at a cop...

• Like 2

Again something happened before the video started. He was detaining him. I am sure since he was off duty he does not have cuffs on him. And I am not sure taking him to the ground to cuff him would be smart when he is by himself anyways. And he had to "drag" him becasue he was resisting. An officer is never truly off duty. 

1 minute ago, just654 said:

Again something happened before the video started. He was detaining him. I am sure since he was off duty he does not have cuffs on him. And I am not sure taking him to the ground to cuff him would be smart when he is by himself anyways. And he had to "drag" him becasue he was resisting. An officer is never truly off duty. 

Dude, there were other means available to him other than escalating by himself. An officer "never truly being off duty" is bull****, otherwise cops could never get drunk. You ever known a cop that got drunk? If he's never truly off duty, he is drunk on duty. 

Yes, I'm intentionally being a horses ass to make a point. My brother is a cop. He tries to pull this bull**** and Im smackin him upside the head next time I see him "off duty". He may be a cop, but he's still my little brother. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

Dude, there were other means available to him other than escalating by himself. An officer "never truly being off duty" is bull****, otherwise cops could never get drunk. You ever known a cop that got drunk? If he's never truly off duty, he is drunk on duty. 

Yes, I'm intentionally being a horses ass to make a point. My brother is a cop. He tries to pull this bull**** and Im smackin him upside the head next time I see him "off duty". He may be a cop, but he's still my little brother. 

I was literally about to say the exact same thing, I even had "dude" as the first word of my post but then just decided to delete and not post ....

Image result for step brothers did we just become best friends'

• Like 1

I don't know about the lawn situation.  If the cop detained him, and that looks like what happened, the proper next step for everyone involved is "call the police."  Teens surrounded him, he was shoved through a hedge, and one very clearly took a swing at him.  That's unacceptable and the message coming out of this can't be that they acted in any way approaching acceptable.  

We can argue if the cop should have detained a teen in that scenario, but the question is not "was it smart" but "was it lawful?"  Did the kid clearly break a law?  I'd like to know more about that as well.  There is no question however that the officer was justified in feeling threatened.  If detaining the kid was not legal, than its all the cops fault.  

50 minutes ago, Destino said:

I don't know about the lawn situation.  If the cop detained him, and that looks like what happened, the proper next step for everyone involved is "call the police."  Teens surrounded him, he was shoved through a hedge, and one very clearly took a swing at him.  That's unacceptable and the message coming out of this can't be that they acted in any way approaching acceptable.  

We can argue if the cop should have detained a teen in that scenario, but the question is not "was it smart" but "was it lawful?"  Did the kid clearly break a law?  I'd like to know more about that as well.  There is no question however that the officer was justified in feeling threatened.  If detaining the kid was not legal, than its all the cops fault.  

I watched both videos. I never once heard him identify himself as a cop. The kid clearly says his dad is a cop, and the guy replies he will talk to him when he gets there. Random Joe can't yell at kids and detain them. 

18 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

I watched both videos. I never once heard him identify himself as a cop. The kid clearly says his dad is a cop, and the guy replies he will talk to him when he gets there. Random Joe can't yell at kids and detain them. 

I agree that's an important detail.  I didn't hear him identify himself as a cop either, but the videos start after he's already detained the kid so a lot is missing. 

1 minute ago, Destino said:

I agree that's an important detail.  I didn't hear him identify himself as a cop either, but the videos start after he's already detained the kid so a lot is missing. 

Right, and when all the other kids are forming around them, he has a duty to identify himself as a cop. If he never identified himself as a cop, the swing and bumrush are perfectly acceptable actions. In fact, I hope my kids friends would make that effort if a strange man grabbed her for walking on his grass...

• Like 1

On 2/23/2017 at 3:41 PM, just654 said:

IF, and I mean IF, he actually announced he was a cop he could've easily produced his badge to prove it. You see, I can tell someone I'm a cop, but I'm not. That's why they have badges. 

Furthermore, dragging the kid down the street because he thought he heard the kid say he was going to shoot him. When all the witnesses say he said he was going to SUE him, was excessive and unnecessary. He escalated that situation all on his own, so being surrounded by 10-15 people who are angry and concerned with him assaulting a 13 year old is 100% his own fault. 

• Like 1

On 2/23/2017 at 4:52 PM, just654 said:

He was resisting because he was being pulled against his will by a strange man that he didn't know. 

And that something that happened before the video? A young girl who goes to school with the victim, walked on part of his lawn, the cop told her to get off. But when he did, he called her a ****. The victim told him to speak to her with some respect. More words were exchanged, and the victim said either I will SHOOT you, or I will SUE you. This prompted the off-duty officer to do what he claimed was a citizen's arrest. All of the witnesses say he said SUE, the cop is the only person who heard or is claiming SHOOT was said. Regardless, the accidental discharge while he had the gun up against the victims leg and aggressively dragging him over a bush is ridiculous and completely inexcusable. He did not fire a warning shot, no one fires a warning shot like that. 

• Like 1

Burlington officer resigns amid perjury investigation

A Burlington police officer has resigned  while under investigation into allegations that he lied in an affidavit he wrote for an October drug case, the Burlington Police Department announced Wednesday afternoon.

The resignation of Officer Christopher Lopez came Monday in advance of a disciplinary hearing scheduled for Tuesday morning where he was to be informed of the department’s intent to fire him. The Chittenden County State's Attorney's Office brought the perjury suspicions to the police department's attention on Feb. 13.

The officer's own body camera caught statements that Lopez made when he thought he had turned his camera off. The footage shows Lopez attempting to turn his camera off, and he also asked another responding officer whether his body camera was off, according to a letter sent to the Burlington Police Department by Chittenden County State's Attorney Sarah George on Feb. 16. George said Wednesday that the other officer had not yet turned on his body camera upon responding to the scene.

In an affidavit he filed related to the October narcotics case, Lopez wrote that  he smelled emissions from the vehicle that he knew to be fresh marijuana "based on my knowledge, training and experience." Body camera footage from the day of the arrest showed that Lopez told the other officer that he did not smell marijuana coming from a vehicle, but stated he "could if he needs to, but I don't like going that way if I can't back it up," George's letter states.

Lopez served with the Burlington Police Department since September 2014, according to the news release. He was hired from the Baltimore Police Department, where he began service in August 2012.

Click on the link for the full article

On 2/26/2017 at 11:11 AM, China said:

Burlington officer resigns amid perjury investigation

The resignation of Officer Christopher Lopez came Monday in advance of a disciplinary hearing scheduled for Tuesday morning where he was to be informed of the department’s intent to fire him. The Chittenden County State's Attorney's Office brought the perjury suspicions to the police department's attention on Feb. 13.

They "resign" before they are officially fired so they can just go and apply fora  diff police dept. I assume that move also perserves their pension, back pay etc.

I have a strong hunch he had to "resign" from the Balt City PD before he went to Burlington. This loophole has to be closed. 

If I was a LEO, i just go apply for the Mar-a Largo sheriff or PD and get all that glorious OT pay for Trumps next 4 years. I imagine everyone in those depts will make over 200k. Some even as high as 500k ... and Im not joking.