Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some More Cops Who Need to Be Fired


Recommended Posts

lol @mistertim

 

The sad part is tough guy up there slammed that girl in front of all the other kids. Damn though, that was a ****ing ultimate warrior suplex. 

 

 

Gotta love the news these days though. Just the same reality show over and over, same script, same characters, same story: 

Good guy - little black girl, just trying to defend her sister  

Bad Guy - evil mexican security guard. let's zoom in on his mug shot and do the shifty eye's thing

 * Action Scene * - epic body slam

Commissioner Gordon - gotta say some official stuff

Random Black Lady #1 - obvious excessive force 

Random White Lady #1 - she probably deserved it

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

 

Everyone sees the use of force was completely unnecessary, except for the police department. This incident is the perfect example of what the issues are with police and POC. 

 

It has it all. Look: 

- White woman racially profiled black man and called the police? Check. 

- Police use force when suspect posed zero threat? Check. 

- Police realize they were wrong and try to cover their ass by charging innocent POC anyway? Check. 

Edited by Gamebreaker
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/01/13/justice-dept-to-announce-results-of-investigation-into-chicago-police/

 

In a scathing 161-page report, Justice Department investigators found that the city’s police officers use force, “including deadly force, that is unreasonable.” The investigation further determined that this pattern was “largely attributable to systemic deficiencies” in the city and police force, according to the report, which said that the police department’s uses of force are unconstitutional.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gamebreaker said:

 

Everyone sees the use of force was completely unnecessary, except for the police department. This incident is the perfect example what the issues are with police and POC. 

 

It has it all. Look: 

- White woman racially profiled black man and called the police? Check. 

- Police use force when suspect posed zero threat? Check. 

- Police realize they were wrong and try to cover their ass by charging innocent POC anyway? Check. 

 

It is obvious to me that he was not following orders and resisting arrest in his mind. If he doesn't want that stuff to happen he can't be thinking those sorts of thoughts when pulled over. This seems pretty logical to me and I really don't get why you all have to make this a racial issue. Thought resist is a crime.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

better video with 911 call at the start and the traffic stop and subsequent arrest at 6:30. 

 

 

This fits right in with my regular complaining about the pain penalty for reacting badly in a high stress situation. 

 

Is it unreasonable to ask why these police officers couldn't just tell the guy "sir your vehicle has been reported stolen, we need you to comply right now to keep all of us safe while we investigate" and then clearly, calmly, and slowly instructed him on how to comply so that no one has to get hurt?  His hands were way up in the air.  I can't think of any instance in life where everyone yelling at the same time makes a situation less confusing. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, mistertim said:

 

It is obvious to me that he was not following orders and resisting arrest in his mind. If he doesn't want that stuff to happen he can't be thinking those sorts of thoughts when pulled over. This seems pretty logical to me and I really don't get why you all have to make this a racial issue. Thought resist is a crime.

 

The 911 caller was crying on the scene because she felt she profiled him. Pretty hard to ignore the racial aspect. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

im assuming @mistertim was being sarcastic. Thats how I read it.

 

Yea... didn't realize who I was quoting. 

 

 

*

"I said I didn't shoot you mother****er, so you should feel lucky for that."

 

Cops can be such dicks. 

Edited by Mooka
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I find it fascinating how they tell the woman who racial profiled this man she did the right thing, yet tell the victim of their assault he was lucky they didn't shoot him. They also try to convince him he disobeyed orders, when all of them were alternating between "put your hands up" when they already were up, and "get down on the ground." You can't get on the ground without putting your hands down. As soon as he started putting his hands down, they jumped him like a gang. 

 

Pathetic police work, and it's even more pathetic that the department is doing the usual backing it each other up despite clear wrongdoing. You don't arrest someone for your own mistakes, have those charges dropped by the courts, and get to claim all officers followed procedures correctly. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

So part of the year long federal investigation of Chicago PD showed that police would pick up gang members and drop them off in rival gang territory if the kids didn't give the cops the info they wanted.  Sometimes cops would even call ahead and let gang leaders know thay they had a rival gang kid coming their way.  What the **** 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, youngchew said:

So part of the year long federal investigation of Chicago PD showed that police would pick up gang members and drop them off in rival gang territory if the kids didn't give the cops the info they wanted.  Sometimes cops would even call ahead and let gang leaders know thay they had a rival gang kid coming their way.  What the **** 

 

And how much of that contributed to the murder rate there? So cops are killing black residents, and helping gangs kill each other too. Great job CPD!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, youngchew said:

So part of the year long federal investigation of Chicago PD showed that police would pick up gang members and drop them off in rival gang territory if the kids didn't give the cops the info they wanted.  Sometimes cops would even call ahead and let gang leaders know thay they had a rival gang kid coming their way.  What the **** 

How can these people sleep at night. What awful human beings...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Destino said:

better video with 911 call at the start and the traffic stop and subsequent arrest at 6:30. 

 

 

This fits right in with my regular complaining about the pain penalty for reacting badly in a high stress situation. 

 

Is it unreasonable to ask why these police officers couldn't just tell the guy "sir your vehicle has been reported stolen, we need you to comply right now to keep all of us safe while we investigate" and then clearly, calmly, and slowly instructed him on how to comply so that no one has to get hurt?  His hands were way up in the air.  I can't think of any instance in life where everyone yelling at the same time makes a situation less confusing. 

 

Dude, what the hell is the cop in the red shirt throwing a zillion rabbit punches for? 

 

I agree, police officers reacting badly to high stress situations is a major problem. Of course, being black kinda automatically makes cops feel stressed, no matter the situation. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mooka said:

 

Yea... didn't realize who I was quoting. 

 

 

*

"I said I didn't shoot you mother****er, so you should feel lucky for that."

 

Cops can be such dicks. 

 

To be completely fair, he WAS lucky they didn't shoot him. Not because he deserved it in any way, but because they are obviously such complete loose cannon assholes.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

How can these people sleep at night. What awful human beings...

 

Probably because they're either already sociopaths or they have managed to dehumanize their victims. You can legitimize anything in your mind if you do that. "I'm doing this for the betterment of society. These thugs are nothing but sub-human animals and kill each other anyway"

Edited by mistertim
Link to post
Share on other sites

From the DOJ investigation of the CPD:

 

"We found that officers engage in tactically unsound and unnecessary foot pursuits, and that these foot pursuits too often end with officers unreasonably shooting someone—including unarmed individuals. We found that officers shoot at vehicles without justification and in contradiction to CPD policy. We found further that officers exhibit poor discipline when discharging their weapons and engage in tactics that endanger themselves and public safety, including failing to await backup when they safely could and should; using unsound tactics in approaching vehicles; and using their own vehicles in a manner that is dangerous. These are issues that can and must be better addressed through training, accountability and ultimately cultural change."

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

From the DOJ investigation of the CPD:

 

"We found that officers engage in tactically unsound and unnecessary foot pursuits, and that these foot pursuits too often end with officers unreasonably shooting someone—including unarmed individuals. We found that officers shoot at vehicles without justification and in contradiction to CPD policy. We found further that officers exhibit poor discipline when discharging their weapons and engage in tactics that endanger themselves and public safety, including failing to await backup when they safely could and should; using unsound tactics in approaching vehicles; and using their own vehicles in a manner that is dangerous. These are issues that can and must be better addressed through training, accountability and ultimately cultural change."

 

I wish they had added "And immediately firing the assholes who do this stuff with no severance and the loss of all benefits"

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, youngchew said:

So part of the year long federal investigation of Chicago PD showed that police would pick up gang members and drop them off in rival gang territory if the kids didn't give the cops the info they wanted.  Sometimes cops would even call ahead and let gang leaders know thay they had a rival gang kid coming their way.  What the **** 

 

Not surprising, everyone remember Jon Burge?  If not he's worth googling.  He was a police commander that ran a torture ring in Chicago for decades.  The culture needed for a guy to do those things for so long doesn't just disappear on its own. 

 

4 minutes ago, mistertim said:

 

I wish they had added "And immediately firing the assholes who do this stuff with no severance and the loss of all benefits"

That part is always missing.  I'm glad you brought up benefits because it reminded me of something about Jon Burge, the guy I mentioned above that the police departments own internal review found was torturing people kept his pension:

 

Quote

How does a man like Burge continue to receive pension checks?

 

In 2010, after Burge’s perjury conviction, he and his pension were judged by the city’s police pension board, an eight-person group that included four of Burge’s fellow Chicago policemen.

 

When the board held a vote on whether Burge should be allowed to receive his pension, the four current or former Chicago police officers on the board voted for Burge to keep receiving his payment, while the four civilian trustees voted against it, according to the Chicago Tribune. Per board policy, the tie went to Burge.

https://www.illinoispolicy.org/chicago-brutality-victims-pay-their-torturers-pension/

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that's the main problem. There's that Thin Blue Line that seems to be ubiquitous. It just seems such an obviously fatal flaw in a system...having a system that checks itself, punishes itself, and decides all manner of other things within itself. It reminds me of corporate boards. They vote within themselves on whether or not they should get raises or huge bonuses or punishments, etc.

 

There should be an entity that is completely an utterly unattached to the police force in any way that makes those sorts of decisions.

Link to post
Share on other sites

"Pre-service Academy training relies on outmoded teaching methods and materials, and does not equip recruits with the skills, knowledge, and confidence necessary to serve Chicago communities. For example, we observed an Academy training on deadly force—an important topic, given our findings regarding CPD’s use of force—that consisted of a video made decades ago, which was inconsistent with both current law and CPD’s own policies. The impact of this poor training was apparent when we interviewed recruits who recently graduated from the Academy: only one in six recruits we spoke with came close to properly articulating the legal standard for use of force.

 

This right here is exactly the problem all across the nation. The officers don't even know the damn laws they're trying to uphold, much less how they are supposed to do their jobs. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

"Finally, during our investigation, we heard allegations that CPD officers attempt to gain information about crime using methods that undermine CPD legitimacy and may also be unlawful. In some instances, we were told, CPD will attempt to glean information about gang activity or other crime by arresting or detaining individuals, and refusing to release the individual until he provides that information. In other instances, CPD will take a young person to a rival gang neighborhood, and either leave the person there, or display the youth to rival members, immediately putting the life of that young person in jeopardy by suggesting he has provided information to the police."

 

 

Edited by Gamebreaker
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

"In the 1990s, CPD ran a special enforcement unit within the Patrol Division called the Special Operations Section (SOS). This unit improperly stopped and searched black and Latino community members and seized their cash and other property. Many of the officers working in that unit amassed numerous misconduct complaints. When the activities of the unit became publicly known, it was disbanded, and several officers involved were arrested and sent to prison for robbery and kidnapping."

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...