Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some More Cops Who Need to Be Fired

Dan T.

On 4/18/2017 at 11:06 AM, Llevron said:

Yall are discussing a permanent and purposeful system that allows this stuff to happen. It doesn't just happen. It was intended this way from the start and will continue. At least as long as Jeff sessions makes the rules and honestly we should expect much longer than that. 

He is 100% going to be back to kicking black ass once people forget his name. They need more "good" cops after all. 

Also - Bad apple is spoiled by the bunch and not the other way around in these cases. 

Passing the buck,  blaming others, and focusing on why life is unfair won't ever get you anywhere. If you comply and aren't doing nothing wrong, the cops can't and won't do anything other than harass you. But, if you focus on "MY RIGHTS!" and an unfair system every time you make contact with a cop, then yeah, there will be problems. Despite what you read in the civics class, when your stopped by the police you have zero rights. 

Just now, RedskinsMayne said:

Passing the buck,  blaming others, and focusing on why life is unfair won't ever get you anywhere. If you comply and aren't doing nothing wrong, the cops can't and won't do anything other than harass you. But, if you focus on "MY RIGHTS!" and an unfair system every time you make contact with a cop, then yeah, there will be problems. Despite what you read in the civics class, when your stopped by the police you have zero rights. 

And this type of thinking is why cops get away with it. You don't lose your rights when you are stopped by police, they have to obey the law.

The people that focus on my rights! When they get stopped are helping to hold back the tide of police abusing authority. I wouldn't have the guts to do it, and some of the people who do it are stupid, but it is important that people do so.

It's people standing up for their rights that has caused more of these issues to be exposed and dealt with. Police are not the ultimate authority, the ones who think they are continue to be the major issue.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

And this type of thinking is why cops get away with it. You don't lose your rights when you are stopped by police, they have to obey the law.

The people that focus on my rights! When they get stopped are helping to hold back the tide of police abusing authority. I wouldn't have the guts to do it, and some of the people who do it are stupid, but it is important that people do so.

It's people standing up for their rights that has caused more of these issues to be exposed and dealt with. Police are not the ultimate authority, the ones who think they are continue to be the major issue.

Take the video and take it up wth courts later. Cops have the authority to stop people on the street.... just stop, give them your ID, and move on. I don't see what's so hard about that. I mean, come on. Most cops are controlling types with a slightly below average IQ. If you start confronting them with YOU AINT GOT NO RIGHT TO STOP ME MAN" there will be consequences. Every time i deal with the cops it's a yessir nosir and a thank you. Never ran into any problems. My brother though, has an attitude with cops and every item he gets pulled over he gets 3-4 different tickets. He once got dragged out of his car and "detained" so a dog could do a walk around of his car. If you give the cops a hard time, they'll **** you up.  It just seems like to me almost every time you hear about a police shooting or someone getting thrown to the ground it started getting physical once they opted not to comply.

There are of course famous examples of bad cops that got out of their car shooting. So, I'm not sure what to tell you there.

Edited by RedskinsMayne
  • Like 1

Yikes.

24 minutes ago, RedskinsMayne said:

Every time i deal with the cops it's a yessir nosir and a thank you. Never ran into any problems.

It is with me too.  "Yes sir, no sir." Hands at 10 & 2 on the steering wheel as they approach my car.  All 4 Windows down.  No sudden movements.

And yet I'vehad police point guns at me 3 times in my life and had my car searched by drug dogs and DEA agents wearing white gloves. I've been sat on the sidewalk while my car was picked apart by North Carolina State Troopers with RAGING BONERS, desperate to find drugs.  Oh, and did I mention that I was wearing my US Air Force uniform at the time?. "Yes sir" and "no sir" don't seem to work for me.  

But keep telling me how "just do what they say, and cops will leave you be."

Unless you've been in that situation, you have absolutely no idea how degrading it is.  Cars driving past me slowly while I sit on the curb, looking at me like I'm a criminal.  

Edited by Chew
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, RedskinsMayne said:

The bolded is complete bull****. Maybe you should take your first sentence to heart. Passing the buck to the victim, not blaming anyone other than the crooked police in this thread won't ever get us anywhere.  

1 hour ago, RedskinsMayne said:

It just seems like to me almost every time you hear about a police shooting or someone getting thrown to the ground it started getting physical once they opted not to comply.

Msybe you should review this thread and look at all the numerous cases where victims complied and still got assaulted or murdered by police. One of which, is on the previous page. 

Question for you, have you ever heard of jumpout boys? 

Edited by Gamebreaker
  • Like 1

@Gamebreaker , probably not the right place to put this. 

Why is is that some folks can read and interpret/comprehend, yet other have blinders on and can not or refuse to see the environment around them ? 

My wife is about 100 lbs, I ask her to be aware whenever I am not around ( I was raised that way). She spits back with, I am tough and can take care of myself. 

That is not the right answer in my mind. 

Right answer to me is, yeah, I see what you are saying. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Gamebreaker said:

The bolded is complete bull****. Maybe you should take your first sentence to heart. Passing the buck to the victim, not blaming anyone other than the crooked police in this thread won't ever get us anywhere.  

Msybe you should review this thread and look at all the numerous cases where victims complied and still got assaulted or murdered by police. One of which, is on the previous page. 

Question for you, have you ever heard of jumpout boys? 

Im not saying there aren't rare instances where complying won't do you any good. I'm also not saying you should  have zero rights, but that as a practical matter you do.  If your dead who cares if you were right?  But, your chances of becoming a victim of police brutality are a lot higher if you don't comply. If you go through life with the attitude "the man's trying to **** me and i'll never be treated fairly" that's what will happen.

Im not a fool. I know cops aren't innocent fairies.  The best way to avoid police brutality is to limit your contact with police.

Edited by RedskinsMayne

12 minutes ago, RedskinsMayne said:

The best way to avoid police brutality is to limit your contact with police.

Wrong.  

The best way to avoid police brutality is to not have police brutality.  

You know, that way, people won't have to avoid things like driving while black, living in poor neighborhoods, having a busted taillight, or walking in the street.  

Sorry, but I refuse to subscribe to the notion that what we need in this country is for people (and especially minorities) to adopt the attitude that police officers are dangerous  psychopaths who might suddenly decide to kill you if you say the wrong thing, and therefore you should avoid speaking to them if at all possible.  (Or else, it's your fault.)  

• Like 6

You can't control other people, you can only control yourself. It's in human nature for power to corrupt.. Saying the best way to avoid police brutality is to not have police brutality doesn't leave any options for the here and now, where brutality does exist. It is like saying the best way to avoid dying is to end death. Technically, you are correct. Practically... eh.

Edited by RedskinsMayne

3 minutes ago, RedskinsMayne said:

You can't control other people, you can only control yourself.

Unless you're a cop.  Then you can pull a gun and kill an unarmed person, and sanctimonious people will claim it's the dead guy's fault, for interacting with you.  

11 hours ago, Larry said:

Unless you're a cop.  Then you can pull a gun and kill an unarmed person, and sanctimonious people will claim it's the dead guy's fault, for interacting with you.  

Meanwhile, you'll get your coworkers, internal affairs and the DA to sweep it under the rug for you. 

9 hours ago, RedskinsMayne said:

No. By the time the law matters it's too late for you.

The law matters 24/7/365, the only thing that will fix these issues is true accountability for those officers who don't deserve to have a badge. Not telling the oppressed how to live under oppression. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, RedskinsMayne said:

No. By the time the law matters it's too late for you.

Where would this world be if people through out history had this attitude and let those who abused power just keep doing it. You dont want to deal with it, thats fine. But I dont understand saying people shouldnt stand up for their rights against police. I dont think I would have the guts to do it, but I am very happy and applaud those that do as its good for all of us.

22 hours ago, RedskinsMayne said:

Take the video and take it up wth courts later. Cops have the authority to stop people on the street.... just stop, give them your ID, and move on.

What if the cops say you cant take video? Are you going to do it anyway or listen and then have your word versus theirs?

And no, cops do not have the authority to stop people on the street any more than I do unless they have reasonable suspicion that you have committed a crime or about to. They have no authority over citizens without a crime that has happened or was about to happen.

• Like 2

You bring up some good points, @MisterPinstripe. However, I'm arguing that you settle the dispute in courts and in the media rather than on the street. I'm also arguing that you make Police body cameras mandatory and recording 24:7 and that you give any citizen stopped by police the ability to request the video be saved and given to them.  I'm not sure if the legalities as far as if a cop can tell you to stop recording or not, but if not you'd have evidence of that since you'll have them on camera already?

Cops might not have the legal right to stop anyone on the street, but they have the practical right. What constitutes a "suspicious person"? Whatever the cop subjectively decides is suspicious. The same way that a cop can as a practical matter search your car, despite you not giving permission. All the gotta say is "I smell weed" and walllahh they have probable cause.

16 minutes ago, RedskinsMayne said:

Police body cameras mandatory and recording 24:7 and that you give any citizen stopped by police the ability to request the video be saved and given to them.  I'm not sure if the legalities as far as if a cop can tell you to stop recording or not, but if not you'd have evidence of that since you'll have them on camera already?

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/police-body-cameras-capture-hours-and-hours-of-footage-but-little-consensus-over-how-to-release-it/

• Like 1

I know. There was also a case locally where the cop had a body cam but didn't have it recording. But having video and releasing it is a more realistic way of dealing with police than just saying "we shouldn't have police brutality" or yelling "I know my rights" while they slam your head into the concrete.

Edited by RedskinsMayne