Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some More Cops Who Need to Be Fired

Dan T.

They arrested the victim's brother because they were trying to find charges to hang on him as a justification for the shooting. They couldn't. So they released him the next day. 

Nothing the police did that night, and since the investigation in the shooting began, has anything remotely to do with justice. It's all about covering their own ass, as usual. Oh, and killing black males. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, visionary said:

It does.  I just double checked.

Huh, that is a decidedly different article than throne I read at work. My office blocks social media, so all that showed up was a link and some text. Not sure what happened. My bad. 

Edited by Popeman38

8 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

Huh, that is a decidedly different article than throne I read at work. My office blocks social media, so all that showed up was a link and some text. Not sure what happened. My bad. 

Your office likely has a content filter that tries to block twitter. 

10 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

Your office likely has a content filter that tries to block twitter. 

It doesn't try.  :cheers: 

The only place anything relating to Twitter comes through is on ES, but that is just text and external links. 

Just now, Popeman38 said:

It doesn't try.  :cheers: 

The only place anything relating to Twitter comes through is on ES, but that is just text and external links. 

I get the same at my office on ES. I know it's our firewall's content filter because I set it up back when I was Network Administrator. :)

It's why I usually go back and forth on ES with my computer and phone. 

4 hours ago, Gamebreaker said:

They arrested the victim's brother because they were trying to find charges to hang on him as a justification for the shooting. They couldn't. So they released him the next day. 

Nothing the police did that night, and since the investigation in the shooting began, has anything remotely to do with justice. It's all about covering their own ass, as usual. Oh, and killing black males. 

It happens with such frequency, they have a whole playbook/gameplan they go to when it occurs.

• Like 2

On 5/4/2017 at 2:29 PM, Popeman38 said:

All the reports I have seen online are that he actually fired on police before being shot.  Still shouldn't be left to die in the streets though...

Yea but if you shoot at cops all bets are off in my mind. It's a shame they let him die like that but he crated the situation. 

13 hours ago, Llevron said:

Yea but if you shoot at cops all bets are off in my mind. It's a shame they let him die like that but he crated the situation. 

Completely disagree if he no longer posed a threat. They arent the judge and jury, their job is still to arrest and get care for someone if they are shot whether they like it or not. 

It reminds me of a video that showed police beating on a guy that shot a cop after he laid down and gave himself up peacefully. I understand they are angry but that doesn't mean they can do whatever they want.

Edited by MisterPinstripe
  • Like 3

49 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Completely disagree if he no longer posed a threat. They arent the judge and jury, their job is still to arrest and get care for someone if they are shot whether they like it or not. 

It reminds me of a video that showed police beating on a guy that shot a cop after he laid down and gave himself up peacefully. I understand they are angry but that doesn't mean they can do whatever they want.

I don't know about this specific situation, but I think you're saying if a guy shot at cops then gave himself up for whatever reason, and he lies face down in the street, arms out, gun tossed aside - yes, then the cops should not be allowed to shoot you. 

But I also get that if you physically fight with a cop, all bets are off - until you give yourself up, anyway. 

Thats not to say that a cop can shoot you as you're running away, like Michael Slager did though. 

Edited by grego

6 minutes ago, Mooka said:

Folks I give you Jeff Sessions, AG:

https://www.justice.gov/opa/press-release/file/965896/download

To para-phrase, mandatory minimum sentences are good, more jail is good, and more sentencing is good. 

Oh and btw, War on Drugs is good, and we're only going after very dangerous, very bad people, that sell very dangerous, very bad drugs. 

but only minorities. Clearly, they are the only dangerous, bad people in this country. 

These decisions fly in the face of all evidence, facts and statistics. But none of that stuff matters, because Trump supporters have no idea what those three things mean. 

• Like 1

On 5/17/2017 at 0:33 AM, visionary said:

That would be a "Duh!" ruling to me. You can't carve out one area and have special laws for it, equal protection and all. And complaining because the court didn't review the 20% in the rest of the state? That isn't the way courts work. They were ruling on SB5 alone and can't just Willy Nilly rule on other laws. 

My guess would could be a better approach would be to address the actual problem and not set caps. All a cap will do is reduce the amount of unfair targeting of minorities from 20% to 12.5%, meaning the cops will simply stop writing when they reach their quota/cap. 

1 hour ago, TimmySmith said:

The jurors are placed in an impossible situation.  And once again the Prosecution probably flew too high with the charge. 

Agreed. The cop was charged with 1st degree manslaughter and this situation was more of a gross-negligence type thing; should have been a lesser charge or at least 2nd degree manslaughter. 

Its pretty clear that the officer panicked. You can hear her voice when she calls in the shots fired. That being said, I do not think this situation warranted a criminal charge against her specifically. I think the family has a strong civil case against the county/state/PD. 

Its also very clear, even when this story came out and it was phrased as a cop shooting a stalled motorist with his hands up; that this wasn't just someone with PCP in his system or someone who they found PCP in his car or on his body: This dude was tripping balls. Completely whacked out. I could tell that way before they even said anything about PCP.

2 hours ago, grego said:

was there ever a definitive answer as to whether or not the window of his suv was up or down?

Thats really all I was looking for. If the window actually was down then I think she did the right thing...or at least something I could see myself doing. 

But if it was actually up then that changes everything. No answer there is.....unfortunate. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, grego said:

was there ever a definitive answer as to whether or not the window of his suv was up or down?

The window was up. There are photos that show it was up. 

Furthermore, people keep talking about PCP with this case. They found it in the car, I think it is high time we stopped giving police the benefit of the doubt when it comes to evidence found in cars. They can plant evidence, and they do.Especially in Tulsa, where they've already been caught doing just that in the past. http://www.newson6.com/story/14848917/former-officers-testify-against-tulsa-police

The real question is whether there was PCP in his system. So far, I've seen nothing that confirms that. Regardless, he didn't need to be shot dead and maybe one day we'll get prosecutors who are actually attempting to win these cases. 

Edited by Gamebreaker
  • Like 1