Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some More Cops Who Need to Be Fired

Dan T.

11 minutes ago, mcsluggo said:

without reading ANYTHING about this particular case... there is big difference between the level of proof needed to fire somebody, and the level of proof required to convict somebody.   It is easy to see many cases that fall between "Convict" and "keep job as police officer".   for instance, if he just plain and simple panicked and made bad bad spur of the second decisions while doing his job.   that isn't murder (necessarily), but it ALSO isn't somebody you want as a police officer by any long shot....

He killed a guy and we all know it. Thats my point. I get that you can be fired for not committing a crime. But he killed a guy. And we all know he did. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, visionary said:

So he's not guilty of doing anything wrong, buuuuuutttt we're gonna go ahead and fire him anyway. Just because. Not because he was in the wrong. Just because....stuff. 

You know what, they are just covering their ass in case he does this again. Because we know this asshole is going to be working at another Dept in MN very, very soon. 

Edited by Gamebreaker

24 minutes ago, mcsluggo said:

without reading ANYTHING about this particular case... there is big difference between the level of proof needed to fire somebody, and the level of proof required to convict somebody.   It is easy to see many cases that fall between "Convict" and "keep job as police officer".   for instance, if he just plain and simple panicked and made bad bad spur of the second decisions while doing his job.   that isn't murder (necessarily), but it ALSO isn't somebody you want as a police officer by any long shot....

If you panic and take a life, You shouldn't just be let off the hook. And we know as little about whether he just panicked than we do if he just had a beef against AAs. This justice system is ****ed up where panicking and killing someone allows you to go free, but non-violent offenses will get you buttraped for 4-5 years in county. 

• Like 1

I want to know what the jury heard that made them decide not guilty cuz I haven't heard anything yet about him going for the gun - only that he allegedly didn't hand over the gun (or something to that effect) when he told the officer he had one and a permit to have one. 

Maybe something will come out??? Just weird that I haven't heard anything that makes it justifiable. He's not guilty cuz he had the misfortune of having a bad witness? 

Im gonna want to hear more than that. 

• Like 1

It seems like too many people hear "I was afraid for my life" and look at that as a blank check.   It's been awhile since reading up on this case but from my recollection, the victim never disobeyed, he complied with every command but still ended up murdered anyway because........?

From a legal standpoint, what is to stop young black men trying to use the "I saw a cop close in on me and I was afraid for my life" defense?   I assume they wouldn't be awarded the same legal standing, and I certainly understand why law enforcement is given some leeway, but it feels like the "afraid for my life" reason is turning into a one-size-fits-all shield.   

It seems odd to me that a guy with his wife/gf & child in the car, who has obeyed the office with everything he has requested, and even told him he has a weapon and license for it, would out of nowhere legitimately so scared for his life that he needed to empty a clip.

• Like 7

Perhaps now some of you understand why some people (not me of course) were happy about the Dallas incident. There was never any doubt in my mind that this guy would walk. The system isn't designed to deliver justice for all. It's designed to protect cops unless there's overwhelming evidence that they committed a crime. So unless s/he is dumb enough to confess, it's a done deal and they walk. The only reason the S. Carolina cop didn't walk was he was afraid enough of the federal charges to cop a deal on the local ones. 

You were put here to protect us,

But who protects us from you?

Or should I say, who are you protecting? The rich? The poor? Who?    ---KRS-1

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, grego said:

I want to know what the jury heard that made them decide not guilty cuz I haven't heard anything yet about him going for the gun - only that he allegedly didn't hand over the gun (or something to that effect) when he told the officer he had one and a permit to have one. 

Maybe something will come out??? Just weird that I haven't heard anything that makes it justifiable. He's not guilty cuz he had the misfortune of having a bad witness? 

Im gonna want to hear more than that. 

This is America. Police can pull up, shoot a kid in 1 second and beat the case. Justice isn't afforded to all. The more people accept it the better we'd be.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, DCranon21 said:

So what the **** we supposed to do now, bring our own ****in camera crew around us 24/7. If you can't see how this guy wasn't charged then I don't ****in know. I'm pissed about this.

If you can't get justice from the so-called justice system....you do the math. 

• Like 1

It was right in front of his child and his partner. Had all those rounds pumped in him in front of those people who were probably the most important people in his life.

And the state doesn't acknowledge it.

That man is dead and the state remains silent.

So who's next? Am I next? I can't speak for anyone else but myself but I like to wear my hair a little longer and you can tell by the way it grows that I'm not from Europe. I gotta think about that **** every time I get in the car and go for a drive. I'm consistently looking in the rear view mirror, especially if there's a cruiser behind me, checking to see if it's one of those unmarked vehicles, furiously looking at the speedometer, even though I know people are racing around us. Even if I am completely, 100 percent sure I'm following the law, I don't feel at ease again until that cruiser speeds away.

Because I could be next. Some of us in this thread could be next. We could be talking about the Redskins on this forum having a good time one day and then tomorrow, you see us on the evening news - our lives being probed and everyone and their momma assuring you that we had it coming for one reason or another.

3 hours ago, The Sisko said:

Perhaps now some of you understand why some people (not me of course) were happy about the Dallas incident. There was never any doubt in my mind that this guy would walk. The system isn't designed to deliver justice for all. It's designed to protect cops unless there's overwhelming evidence that they committed a crime. So unless s/he is dumb enough to confess, it's a done deal and they walk. The only reason the S. Carolina cop didn't walk was he was afraid enough of the federal charges to cop a deal on the local ones. 

Pathetic- really pathetic.  A life is a life.  Obviously you sympathize with the groups happy about it or you wouldn't have said 'now you can see why some are happy' with a nice throw of "not me of course" in there to try and cover your true thoughts on the situation.  It comes out of you quite often and you speak against specific groups fairly consistently while ****ing about exactly what you do all the time - quite the hypocrit in these threads.  

And no im not saying this was a good verdict because it wasn't- I'm just calling out your ignorance and hatred that consistently shows up with every single ****ing post that it's becoming quite annoying

So we march and we vote and we **** about it.  And they fire their tear gas and spray their mace and they keep on killing and railroading all of us through the system.

And the moment a piece a glass is broken or a ****ing pair of sneakers is stolen or a pos $1000 car catches fire, the Internet warriors will come out and call us thugs all thugs and looters.  

I mean...I'm really not that radical.  But I know evil when I see it...

1 hour ago, steve09ru said:

Pathetic- really pathetic.  A life is a life.  Obviously you sympathize with the groups happy about it or you wouldn't have said 'now you can see why some are happy' with a nice throw of "not me of course" in there to try and cover your true thoughts on the situation.  It comes out of you quite often and you speak against specific groups fairly consistently while ****ing about exactly what you do all the time - quite the hypocrit in these threads.  

And no im not saying this was a good verdict because it wasn't- I'm just calling out your ignorance and hatred that consistently shows up with every single ****ing post that it's becoming quite annoying

No. Some lives are worth more than others according to our legal system. And if your perception of my opinion is that annoying, imagine how annoying it must be to watch these thugs avoid accountability over and over and over again while most of the country says "He had it coming." So while you're perfectly welcome to it no, I have zero ****s to give about what you think I think or your opinion of it.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Stopped right here

In the context that was spoke with feeling sympathy and understanding for those happy about cops being killed?  Yeah that line of thought is completely wrong.  I'm sorry if yall don't think that a life is a life based off of actions of others and for those undeserving regardless of occupation, race, etc which was insinuated in the post I quoted.

if you take that thought process and change it out based off of actions of few then that is why we still have a problem.  Let's try it turned around and see how it sounds.  You should understand how people feel happy be with the congress shooting because their have been horrible people to come through.  You should understand happiness that a white family was killed because of the actions of Dylan roof and other mass murders.  You should feel happy that young black father died because there was a robbery by a black man that resulted in the death of an innocent family.

no one should ever feel happy about the death of an innocent person.  If you do, you are the problem.  If you sympathize with them, you are the problem.  A recent example is a state trooper here in RVA who was a great asset in the community and charity who was shot while trying to protect and maintain a rough housing community and people spewing on Facebook about f the cops, he deserved it, #free such and such, etc.

i have zero tolerance for that ****

Edited by steve09ru
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Llevron said:

He killed a guy and we all know it. Thats my point. I get that you can be fired for not committing a crime. But he killed a guy. And we all know he did. 

You missed his point but I agree that he should have been convicted of manslaughter at least, due to his negligence.

Edited by nonniey
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, steve09ru said:

In the context that was spoke with feeling sympathy and understanding for those happy about cops being killed?  Yeah that line of thought is completely wrong.  I'm sorry if yall don't think that a life is a life based off of actions of others and for those undeserving regardless of occupation, race, etc which was insinuated in the post I quoted

Hey, im just a random brown guy. The way I see it action is one thing, but im not comfortable (after being cultured on this subject) telling black people how they should feel about a broken system that clearly sees them as second rate.

Eventually, i can imagine one gets tired of the peaceful protests, candlelight vigils, town hall q and a's, and campfire kumbaya's. As a minority, even i feel the sting, and im sure it doesn't compare to those who share the skin color of a group of people who have had a long history of being harrassed, beaten, outright murdered, and there, 1, not being enough people who even care, and 2, there being no one there to give them justice.

I mean... reverse the situation. What if this was you, and your family? How would you feel, after what probably  feels like the thousandth time a black man has died at the hands of police and there being nothing done about it?

I suggest you ponder that before you decide to jump on the next upset personally who says something you don't agree with

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, steve09ru said:

In the context that was spoke with feeling sympathy and understanding for those happy about cops being killed?  Yeah that line of thought is completely wrong.  I'm sorry if yall don't think that a life is a life based off of actions of others and for those undeserving regardless of occupation, race, etc which was insinuated in the post I quoted

And I'm sorry that you can't understand why others might be more outraged than you are at the fact that the people who are paid to allegedly risk their lives saving others are so cowardly that they won't accept a REASONABLE level of risk in the course of "heroically" doing their jobs. So forgive me if I have a bit of difficulty in not seeing their lives as cheaply as they see ours. And for the record, by "ours" I mean non-blue lives. Just a bit of an experiment, the outcome of which I have no way of knowing. We've seen outpourings of grief and support across all strata of society when cops get ambushed and murdered. (I don't have a problem calling it what it is BTW) Please find me any FOP or cop statement on the record that this kind of brutality needs to stop without it being followed with a statement to the effect that the victim had it coming. Find me one cop that sympathized with guys like Castile who were law abiding and ended up dead for no reason without it being followed by some iteration of the victim brought it on him/herself. Once you find that voluminous list, please tell me again who has no regard for human life.