Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some More Cops Who Need to Be Fired


Recommended Posts

 

On 5/19/2017 at 8:04 PM, NoCalMike said:

That video posted above.  THAT cop seemed way more patient with a suspect who actually had a weapon, then some cops are with unarmed civilians.  Not sure if that cop had a taser on him but when the suspect started dancing around and advancing and acting overall defiant (before he returns to the truck to get the gun) why was he not tazed right then?

 

I think this is what confuses a lot of people is they watch a video like this where it seemed like the suspect had all the time in the world to act out, disobey, return to his vehicle, get a weapon, show his weapon, point his weapon etc etc etc.....before the cop was willing to use lethal force, but then you will watch other videos where it seems like the first instinct of a cop is to pull their weapon and fire and then worry about framing a story afterwards.

 

I don't think anyone watches the video above and thinks the cop was in the wrong, more why it took the cop so long to do something, but that video isn't about an unarmed minority simply being rude or giving talkback to an officer.  That suspect does a whole lot more.

Exactly. If the guy that shot the cop were black, he'd have been dead long before he could have even touched the weapon in the vehicle. So I'd say the officer's lack of feeling threatened in this case is what got him killed. Hopefully the training from this video increases cops' fear of everyone and in turn results in more white motorists being shot. I've long since given up on the country caring about POC so the only way this gets solved is if some people start getting subjected to the treatment others have been experiencing all along. Yes, that sucks but I just want the problem minimized and that's probably the only way it happens.

 

On 5/20/2017 at 7:42 AM, Kosher Ham said:

My communities varied growing up. However, even the drug dealers...didn't deal in "our" community. 

My neighborhood right now is policed by my neighbors...we all have each others back. 

Don't try and twist my words into me saying "you people". That is not what I stated. 

Not to mention - I am more of a minority than nearly everyone on this message board. 

 

Parents went to PTA meetings, parents and kids knew each other, etc. 

Folks these days are afraid to know their own next door neighbor. 

Sure, I carry a gun...do I dress or act like a gangster or thug ? No. 

Do I have rowdy parties with folks acting a fool in my neighborhood ? No.

We had respect for each other back in the day, we cared about our community, our children, and many became good friends.

 

These days, most folks simply don't give a crap about any sense of community. It's pretty sad. I started to notice it in the late 90's.  

 

Do you have anymore leading questions ? 

*Sigh* Here we go again. Let's say your magic bullet solution happens and POC magically start policing "their own". Please explain how that stops cops from profiling and brutalizing them. This is like a doctor charged with malpractice complaining that the patient should have lived a more healthy lifestyle. One more time, criminals are criminals and by definition they're going to do bad stuff. Cops are not supposed to be criminals and shouldn't be profiling and brutalizing people.

 

On 5/20/2017 at 9:47 AM, Kosher Ham said:

Yet no one cares when white folks get killed by cops. At least to the same level of uproar. It's bogus.

 

"Their own" is used correctly there. Meaning your own damn neighborhood...your own community. Geez. 

If you want to make it racial I can. However, that is not the point. Point is that folks need to protect their own, look out for their own. 

I can not stand how folks try to make things racial that are not. 

 

It gets press, but I agree, the level of outrage isn't quite the same. It should be. And FWIW, BLM folks have shown up to protest police brutality against white people. I have yet to see any of the ALM crowd show up to protest ANY police brutality cases against any race.

 

On 6/6/2017 at 8:47 AM, grego said:

That guy is white? Lopera is a 'white' name? 

 

Hispanic, Latino or 'POC' probably doesn't get as many clicks.

Ohhhh, the ebil media! :rolleyes: He probably is latino. But you do realize many latinos consider themselves white, right? IIRC George Zimmerman was one of these. Besides, if they look white, the second and later generation types often just make the switch. After all, being latino is more about language and culture than race.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Sisko said:

 

Exactly. If the guy that shot the cop were black, he'd have been dead long before he could have even touched the weapon in the vehicle. So I'd say the officer's lack of feeling threatened in this case is what got him killed. Hopefully the training from this video increases cops' fear of everyone and in turn results in more white motorists being shot. I've long since given up on the country caring about POC so the only way this gets solved is if some people start getting subjected to the treatment others have been experiencing all along. Yes, that sucks but I just want the problem minimized and that's probably the only way it happens.

 

 

 

Ohhhh, the ebil media! :rolleyes: He probably is latino. But you do realize many latinos consider themselves white, right? IIRC George Zimmerman was one of these. Besides, if they look white, the second and later generation types often just make the switch. After all, being latino is more about language and culture than race.

 

Part 1- you want more white motorists shot? Jeezuz 

More white people are shot than blacks, BTW. 

You posted an article called 'the myth of the absentee black father' not too long ago- which was crap- so I get it. 

 

Part 2- tell that to my wife. 

You understand that 'white cop shoots black kid'  gets more clicks that 'Latino cop shoots black kid'.

I hope?  

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, grego said:

Part 1- you want more white motorists shot? Jeezuz 

More white people are shot than blacks, BTW. 

If you read what I said, it was that I want cops to fear white motorists as much as they do POC. I'm just hoping for an increase in equal treatment, that's all. /sarcasm

 

I agree that whites are often brutalized by the police as well. In fact, you may recall way back in the early days of this thread, pretty much all the videos I posted were of whites being on the receiving end of officer friendly's brutality. So to use your logic, why aren't white people getting upset enough to do anything about it since more of you (numerically, not proportionally) are shot than us? Would you not consider that part of that "taking care of your own" thing? ?

 

If we can't have our constitutional rights respected, maybe others getting similar treatment will get them to open their eyes, not unlike the current scourge of opiod addiction and deaths. NOW all of a sudden addiction is a health issue, not a criminal one. Maybe police brutality will work the same way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2017 at 1:23 AM, The Sisko said:

If you read what I said, it was that I want cops to fear white motorists as much as they do POC. I'm just hoping for an increase in equal treatment, that's all. /sarcasm

 

I agree that whites are often brutalized by the police as well. In fact, you may recall way back in the early days of this thread, pretty much all the videos I posted were of whites being on the receiving end of officer friendly's brutality. So to use your logic, why aren't white people getting upset enough to do anything about it since more of you (numerically, not proportionally) are shot than us? Would you not consider that part of that "taking care of your own" thing? ?

 

If we can't have our constitutional rights respected, maybe others getting similar treatment will get them to open their eyes, not unlike the current scourge of opiod addiction and deaths. NOW all of a sudden addiction is a health issue, not a criminal one. Maybe police brutality will work the same way.

 

 

white people and black people- speaking generally (which i generally hate to to) statistically do tend to see things differently, no question. (not all, obviously,) historically, blacks have been victims of institutional racism- no sane person would debate this. i'm certain that that fact affects how one sees the police. 

 

much of our perception is shaped by what we see, or what we choose to see. its a confirmation bias. if we believe blacks are systematically targeted by police based on race, we will find it. but we dont even have to look - it comes to us through our filter bubbles, our chosen information websites. those sites are in business to make money. there are 1,000 people killed on average by police. why do we only hear about a tiny fraction of those? because man bites dog sells clicks, not dog bites man.

 

i think its healthy to keep an open mind and question everything. look at both sides of a particular issue. ive said this before, but one of the earliest memories i have of a publication purposefully distorting the truth was reading an article in the final call, the Nation of Islam newspaper. it was a story about a black female principal who got arrested at school for disorderly conduct. the premise, obviously given their platform, was that the police unjustly arrested the woman and did so based on her skins color. the newspaper left out a small detail- the arresting officers were 2 black men. an NOI member and reader of that newspaper is going to read that article, believing it to be a source of truth. that article will confirm what they believe to already be true, even though, in actuality, the story was verifiably false. 

 

this happens now, but x1000. people are so often more interested a cause, we dont check to see what we're being told is actually true, or if the numbers mean what someone says they actually mean. we;re inundated with stories about 'unarmed black teen killed by white cop' to the point we think its an epidemic. you can find articles containing phrases like 'our kids are being murdered in the streets by the cops'. 

 

the truth is, if we were made aware of every time X crime happened, whether its a kid being abducted, woman being raped, kid shot in drive by, etc, we'd hardly have time to do anything else, for one, and we'd probably go nuts. some crimes are, apparently, more 'important' than others.

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The false narrative that a black cop can be less prejudiced against African Americans than white cops needs to stop. It isn't true statistically and has been debunked a long time ago. If anything, black officers feel pressure to be even harsher than their white coworkers in order to create a perception that they truly belong. 

 

The issue with police brutality isn't just the individual officers who commit the crimes. That is a short-sighted view that ignores why these officers have been allowed to treat a particular demographic differently than everyone else. The truth is it's an institutional bias has endured for generations and it starts at the top, not the bottom. 

Edited by Gamebreaker
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, grego said:

Game, are you talking about my reference to the Nation of Islam story? 

 

In passing, yes. I didn't know whether that was the only reason you thought the story was false. That's why I didn't quote you, and really the post is just touching on something I've seen many posters state over the past few months. Considering the source it wouldn't surprise me if a number of parts to that story was false. But it being false simply due to the race of the officers isn't enough. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gamebreaker said:

 

In passing, yes. I didn't know whether that was the only reason you thought the story was false. That's why I didn't quote you, and really the post is just touching on something I've seen many posters state over the past few months. Considering the source it wouldn't surprise me if a number of parts to that story was false. But it being false simply due to the race of the officers isn't enough. 

 

no, that wasnt the reason the story was false. I had read an article in the washington post about a day or two after i read the final calls version of it and the post pointed out that the officers were black because the principal was saying the arrest was racially motivated. 

 

my point was that the nation of islams version left that part out because it doesnt fit their agenda- white people are the devil, etc. a black woman arrested by two white cops sells, and fires up their membership- a black woman arrested for assaulting two black cops doesnt. the internet has made propaganda a very successful business. you have to check everything you read more than ever these days. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

grego, the issue that arises in this discussion is that blacks make up ~19% of the population and they account for statistically WAY more police interactions than possible without other factors being accounted for. One of those factors is that cities were segregated in a way that disproportionately affected blacks (for the most part-the neighborhoods were not 100% ethnic). All the other neighborhoods changed and moved over times. But the black neighborhoods-eventually being labeled the ghetto-was generally not serviced by the subway system, and interstates oftentimes blocked them from the financial districts (good jobs). This becomes a cyclical issue, with the neighborhoods spiraling downward. As they me passes, the schools get worse. As education gets worse, employment suffers. As employees loyment suffers, crime rises. As crime rises, more police interactions happen. As more police interactions happen, cops begin to view the ghetto as a war zone. As the cops view the ghetto as a war zone, they get more aggressive. As they get more aggressive, there are more negative interactions. And it keeps going...

 

That doesn't even touch on the lead and unequal enforcement, or the mandatory minimums that disproportionately impact blacks, or the war on drugs that disproportionately impact blacks. Are you seeing the pattern?  

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

grego, the issue that arises in this discussion is that blacks make up ~19% of the population and they account for statistically WAY more police interactions than possible without other factors being accounted for. One of those factors is that cities were segregated in a way that disproportionately affected blacks (for the most part-the neighborhoods were not 100% ethnic). All the other neighborhoods changed and moved over times. But the black neighborhoods-eventually being labeled the ghetto-was generally not serviced by the subway system, and interstates oftentimes blocked them from the financial districts (good jobs). This becomes a cyclical issue, with the neighborhoods spiraling downward. As they me passes, the schools get worse. As education gets worse, employment suffers. As employees loyment suffers, crime rises. As crime rises, more police interactions happen. As more police interactions happen, cops begin to view the ghetto as a war zone. As the cops view the ghetto as a war zone, they get more aggressive. As they get more aggressive, there are more negative interactions. And it keeps going...

 

That doesn't even touch on the lead and unequal enforcement, or the mandatory minimums that disproportionately impact blacks, or the war on drugs that disproportionately impact blacks. Are you seeing the pattern?  

 

oh ya. i dont disagree with that at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mr. Sinister said:

"With liberty and justice for all"

 

 

 

"Except black guys" 

 

But seriously this shouldn't surprise anyone. Dead black guy VS cop that killed him = a win for the justice system and it always will. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

See? These silly black people just need to follow instructions and you won't get shot. What are you carrying a firearm for? Must be up to no good. Clearly, you can't expect the rules and laws we established for ourselves to apply to you. 

Edited by Gamebreaker
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

So what is the rationale this time? There is a civilian right there who saw it all happen. I guess since the right wing media dug through her life to discredit her(as usual) that made her testimony next to nothing. 

 

Doesn't make me feel safe knowing an officer can kill me with intent, make up any reason whatsoever, and no amount of forensics or witness testimony, or camera footage will hold that officer accountable.  

 

I think the usual cop apologists have ceased trying to excuse away this bull****. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thats what kills me. They let dude go but hes gonna just find another district of black people to shoot. He probably even got paid whole time hes was on desk duty too. 

 

Only reason to let him go is because they think he did something wrong. So why isn't he paying any price for his crime? 

Edited by Llevron
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Thats what kills me. They let dude go but hes gonna just find another district of black people to shoot. He probably even got paid whole time hes was on desk duty too. 

 

Only reason to let him go is because they think he did something wrong. So why isn't he paying any price for his crime? 

 

without reading ANYTHING about this particular case... there is big difference between the level of proof needed to fire somebody, and the level of proof required to convict somebody.   It is easy to see many cases that fall between "Convict" and "keep job as police officer".   for instance, if he just plain and simple panicked and made bad bad spur of the second decisions while doing his job.   that isn't murder (necessarily), but it ALSO isn't somebody you want as a police officer by any long shot....

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...