Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

USA TODAY | Prosecutor: Co-pilot deliberately crashed Flight 9525

RawBBQSauce

Kind of a weird conversation I had with a coworker earlier today:  When we found out it was (likely) a suicide, his reaction was, "oh thank God it wasn't terrorism," whereas I somehow thought it would be less sad if there was a terrorist agenda.

I point this out not for political reasons, but because the net result is exactly the same and yet we both had opinions about how terrorism would've made this less or more sad.

More evidences are found that Lubitz was sick. He was treated at the Dusseldorf hospital (where he was well known) in February and March. Police found a tore up sick note in his home, that would have prevented him from flying. Lufthansa CEO is really deep into it.

Kind of a weird conversation I had with a coworker earlier today:  When we found out it was (likely) a suicide, his reaction was, "oh thank God it wasn't terrorism," whereas I somehow thought it would be less sad if there was a terrorist agenda.

I point this out not for political reasons, but because the net result is exactly the same and yet we both had opinions about how terrorism would've made this less or more sad.

If the pilots name was Andreas Lubitz Muhammad then it would be terrorism. 

Getting back on track. "Reports":

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-32087203

Germanwings crash: Co-pilot Lubitz 'hid illness'

The co-pilot suspected of deliberately crashing a Germanwings airliner into the French Alps hid details of an illness, German prosecutors say.

Torn-up sick notes were found in the homes of Andreas Lubitz, they say, including one for the day of the crash, which killed 150 passengers and crew.

A German hospital confirmed he had been a patient recently but denied reports he had been treated for depression.

The EU's aviation regulator has urged airlines to adopt new safety rules.

The European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) said in future two crew members should be present in the ****pit at all times.

Data from the voice recorder suggests Mr Lubitz purposely started an eight-minute descent into the mountains after locking the pilot out of the flight deck.

*Click Link For More* 

So, basically the Dusseldorf hospital MDs knew about him, his girlfriend, his ex-girlfriend confessed he was plotting something, Lufthansa knew about his problems, and finally no one said or did anything about it !

This company is lying and trying to hide from its responsabilities. There is no medical confidentiality ! They knew about it, and journalists accessed Lubitz medical record in a matter of a couple of days.

Edit: When he was a teenager he frequently came here with his family. Lubitzs' father used to fly sailplanes 20 miles from the crash site.

My girlfriend went to high school with one of the victims. Said she was one if the nicest people who was friends with everyone. Sad.

How many times does a mass murder/suicide have to happen before we start taking mental health seriously? Whether it's a school shooting or flying an airliner into a mountain, it seems like there's a series of warnings flags that somehow get ignored until it's too late.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/11496066/Andreas-Lubitz-hid-illness-Everything-we-know-on-Saturday-about-Germanwings-plane-crash-co-pilot.html

Andreas Lubitz: Everything we know on Saturday about Germanwings plane crash co-pilot Pilot Andreas Lubitz, 27, crashed Germanwings 4U9525 'deliberately' in the French Alps - here we profile him and reveal exclusive pictures

Dusseldorf hospital confirms it treated Andreas Lubitz in February and March but not for depression

• German prosecutors say Andreas Lubitz had a sick note from a doctor on Tuesday allowing him time off but that he tore it up

Andreas Lubitz was the boy who grew up dreaming of flying and of one day becoming a pilot.

He went on to fulfil his ambition, but it now appears that it was at the cost of 149 innocent lives after he "deliberately" crashed the Germanwings Airbus A320 into the side of a mountain in the French Alps.

The circumstances leading up to the crash are now the subject of a police investigation.

*Click Link For More* 

http://www.jpost.com/International/Andreas-Lubitz-said-ex-lover-Germanwings-co-pilot-was-psychiatric-patient-planned-big-gesture-395386

Said ex-lover of Andreas Lubitz: Crash co-pilot was psychiatric patient, planned big gesture

cted of deliberately crashing a passenger plane in the French Alps told his girlfriend he was in psychiatric treatment, and that he was planning a spectacular gesture that everyone would remember, the German daily Bild reported on Saturday.

The newspaper published an interview with a woman who said she had had a relationship in 2014 with Andreas Lubitz, the man French prosecutors believe locked himself alone into the ****pit of the Germanwings Airbus on Tuesday and steered it into a mountain, killing all 150 people on board.

"When I heard about the crash, I remembered a sentence, over and over again, that he said," the woman, a flight attendant of 26 named only as Maria W., told Bild. "'One day I'll do something that will change the system, and then everyone will know my name and remember it'."

*Click Link For More* 

Whether it's a school shooting or flying an airliner into a mountain, it seems like there's a series of warnings flags that somehow get ignored until it's too late.

Yes, but part of the problem is that the "warning flags" are exhibited by a whole lot of people who aren't mass murderers, too.

Yeah, the kids at School Shooting X wore black clothes a lot.  So do millions of other kids, too. 

After somebody does something spectacular, then we comb through the wreckage, so to speak, and if we look hard enough, we can find something to point at, and say "somebody should have known". 

My girlfriend went to high school with one of the victims. Said she was one if the nicest people who was friends with everyone. Sad.

How many times does a mass murder/suicide have to happen before we start taking mental health seriously? Whether it's a school shooting or flying an airliner into a mountain, it seems like there's a series of warnings flags that somehow get ignored until it's too late.

I guess we could introduce legislation to ban certain types of airplanes... in all seriousness though, nobody imagines somebody doing this except the person who does it.

I guess we could introduce legislation to ban certain types of airplanes... in all seriousness though, nobody imagines somebody doing this except the person who does it.

Maybe it's unavoidable, but people aren't normal one day, then wake up the next day and decide to commit mass murder. It seems like there's always mental health diagnoses and warning signs (delusions of grandeour, for example) that lead up to it.

Yes, but part of the problem is that the "warning flags" are exhibited by a whole lot of people who aren't mass murderers, too.

Yeah, the kids at School Shooting X wore black clothes a lot. So do millions of other kids, too.

After somebody does something spectacular, then we comb through the wreckage, so to speak, and if we look hard enough, we can find something to point at, and say "somebody should have known".

I agree Larry.

You can't just look at someone and say, "Yep, that guy is a loony!"

You can't test someone for mental illness.

You can't ask a crazy person if they're crazy and expect a full answer.

It's nearly impossible to prevent someone from doing something like this. Treating people with mental health issues is a start, but you can only treat the ones who are willing to accept treatment. Just like you can't force a person who's sick with the flu to get treatment. You can't force someone who is hiding their deep depression to get help.

It's sad and this whole thing is a tragedy.

Maybe it's unavoidable, but people aren't normal one day, then wake up the next day and decide to commit mass murder. It seems like there's always mental health diagnoses and warning signs (delusions of grandeour, for example) that lead up to it.

Yes, but issues that are hidden from everyone, in this case.  What warning signs did he show?  He sought out help, was deemed not able to work with a medical exemption note that he ripped up and hid from everyone at work and personal life.  

Plenty of people carry on "hidden" lives that are depressed and need help and present no warning signs until after the fact.  Now, the fact that his employer only conducts a physical test and not psychological for annual recertification needs to be looked at closer.

Also, their policy is one must self-report if deemed unfit to fly.  Which, trying to change that policy would get into a huge legal battle of violation of protected patient/doctor information.  Not to mention, it's a different country with different laws/regulations.

Horrible tragedy.  

Wish he'd have just jumped off the golden gate

We have all these guns floating around, nobody can just take themselves out quietly. Gotta shoot up a movie theater, kids school, or kill 150 on a plane. This seems like a recent phenomenon. Wonder what it's tied to

I agree Larry.

You can't just look at someone and say, "Yep, that guy is a loony!"

You can't test someone for mental illness.

You can't ask a crazy person if they're crazy and expect a full answer.

It's nearly impossible to prevent someone from doing something like this. Treating people with mental health issues is a start, but you can only treat the ones who are willing to accept treatment. Just like you can't force a person who's sick with the flu to get treatment. You can't force someone who is hiding their deep depression to get help.

It's sad and this whole thing is a tragedy.

Some mental illnesses can be tested for with brain scans.

A Dutch pilot predicted what happened a couple of months ago.

Link (google translation)

In Piloot in Vliegtuig, a magazine specializing in aeronautics, Jan Cocheret, a Dutch pilot for Emirates airline, announced its anxiety to find themselves locked out of the ****pit. The article, entitled "Can you open the door?" and identified by the Belgian 7sur7.be site, describes an uncanny resemblance with the scenario of the crash of the A320 Germanwings , March 24, in the French Alps.

January Cocheret explains that "thanks to secure extra armored doors, it is not difficult for a pilot to prevent his colleague access to the ****pit. Just wait until he got to meet a natural need never to open the door. " "I hope that after a pee break, I never find myself in front of a locked ****pit door," he continues.

Often wary vis-à-vis his colleague responsible for steering, Jan Cocheret also evokes the helplessness of a pilot locked out of the ****pit: in this case, "there is nothing else to do than to go sit with passengers and wait and see what happens. " After the drama of the flight of Germanwings, the Dutch pilot reacted on his Facebook page: "This appalling history has unfortunately become reality."

I know a guy that once told me he was going to leave his mark on the world after struggling with the loss of a family member and the end of his marriage. He was low and was starting to really over do the partying.

He's a rich and amazingly successful business owner now. He used it all as motivation.

The things that are OBVIOUSLY red flags when viewed against the back drop of a terrible tragedy in hindsight, look a lot different if you change the outcome.

Archived