Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All things Sports Talk Radio - DMV (met)

Zguy28

5 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

It used to be 92.7. Not sure what it is anymore, if they have one at all.. They are being phased out.

Yeah I think it was 92.7 and 94.3 both.  I can't really get them on the AM dial.

I've been listening to Sirius on my drives home this week but I really like local stuff when possible. 

And while Chad Dukes by himself is better than he and Lavar, it's still Chad Dukes.  By himself...

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, tshile said:

At this point in my life I'd rather not hear about DC sports.

I used to listen to various streams from DC stations to keep up with the chatter. I stopped listening about 4 years ago. I just couldn't take it any more and my workday has been happier ever since. 

13 hours ago, Redskin4ever said:

I used to listen to various streams from DC stations to keep up with the chatter. I stopped listening about 4 years ago. I just couldn't take it any more and my workday has been happier ever since. 

I liked it when the conversations were good.

But over the last 5ish years from Griffin, to the fallout with Griffin, the cousins contract stuff... it just became terrible. they all got stuck in a loop of garbage.

Then 980 stopped being a button on my radio and required me to launch an app on my phone, and if i'm doing that I might as well select  a music app or listen to a podcast that doesn't suck. 

Edited by tshile
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, tshile said:

I liked it when the conversations were good.

But over the last 5ish years from Griffin, to the fallout with Griffin, the cousins contract stuff... it just became terrible. they all got stuck in a loop of garbage.

Then 980 stopped being a button on my radio and required me to launch an app on my phone, and if i'm doing that I might as well select  a music app or listen to a podcast that doesn't suck. 

Completely agree. That’s around the time I stopped listening as well. And like you, if I’m going to put the effort into listening through my phone, I’m going to pick something I enjoy. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

It's actually an Athletic-style DC-based site. Original content, sounds like it'll be even-handed reporting, instead of the overreactionary bloviating (aka The Thom Loverro) we're all used to.

Oh, I doubt it'll be even handed reporting.  There's a reason overreactionary bloviating is popular, because it works.  Make them love you or hate you, playing it down the middle in sports media isnt usually where the money is.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Oh, I doubt it'll be even handed reporting.  There's a reason overreactionary bloviating is popular, because it works.  Make them love you or hate you, playing it down the middle in sports media isnt usually where the money is.

I disagree--I'd much rather read Chelsea Janes or Jorge Castillo over Thom Loverro or any of the dinks at the Flag****.

3 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Does anybody know what happened to AM570?  Which used to play the ESPN national stuff? All of a sudden, when I turn there, it's either gone or simulcast 980... 

570 was sold back in May.

https://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/columns/unobstructed-view/article/20862611/dan-snyder-guts-his-sports-radio-portfolio

In related news: Steve Czaban must take more vacations than any radio host in the nation.

On 2/15/2018 at 4:47 PM, Warhead36 said:

Baseball Spring Training is the most boring of any of the exhibitions. You see star pitchers get rocked because they're just winding into form and guys play like two inning before going to the golf course. Wake me up when its Opening Day.

The NFL Pro Bowl says hello.

• Like 2