Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All things Sports Talk Radio - DMV (met)

Zguy28

7 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I like the Bram Weinstein Show as Bram is a lot like Kornheiser, does a lot of non sports conversation too.

I like Bram also. I think when he has a guest, it's better. I know he chats with his engineer. But it's not the same as have a co-host. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I didn't hear the other hosts discussion of the remark FP made in the NOVA mag article, but Dukes was talking about it.  To me, sports talk lends itself to "debate" and coming up to solutions to perceived issues. Which I guess is perceived by some as negative in nature. We probably agree that local sports talk is too dominated by the Redskins, but what's funny about FP's point is that, with regard to the team he covers, there hasn't been a lot you could debate in the regular season, especially since 2012. The Nats have more or less been a 90+ win team.....not a lot of nits you've been able to pick from April thru September. The lack of postseason success and how to solve that, that's a different story. Kind of the same thing with the Caps. Currently the local team which should be generating the most discussion, IMO, is the lethargical Wizards heading into the playoffs. 

• 2 weeks later...

FWIW, I've always liked Bram, since he was a beat guy. He has responded to emails and texts through the years 

I do think his reverence towards Larry Michael (No S, just Larry Michael) is somewhat off-putting.  He's smart enough to KNOW that Larry is basically the Iraqi foreign minister, but doesn't want to rock the boat.

They need to re-name "The Sports Junkies" to "A bunch of radio guys who talk about their pointless lives."  I swear, I switch over as my 5th option when 4 other things are on commercial (not all sports related), and I don't think I've heard a single sports related comment in over a year. They're always talking about themselves, their issues, illnesses, travels, whatever.  I just don't care.  MAYBE I just happen to only switch over at the exact moment they are talking about themselves, and just miss all the sports stuff.  

Cooley and Kevin is fine, though Kevin's absolute love affair with Kirk and propensity to turn every conversation into a Kirk conversation has been off-putting. Cooley's love affair with Gruden is a little more paletable, but dude is going to go after somebody if (when?) he's fired after the team goes it's predictable ~8-8.  

I can't tolerate either Doc, BMitch or Czabe.  So on drive home I listen to podcast of Galdi or segments of Bram/Cooley-Kevin which might be interesting.  ie; Skip all the NBA and Maryland sports dribble...

I haven't listened to Grant and Danny in a while.  I did like their "Winning off the field" segment because it was funny. Even if it was piling it on a little thick.  It was damn funny.  

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Why isn't the cheerleading scandal a bigger deal?  I was hoping it would bring down Snyder

because they were able to find some that said it wasn't true (even though I can imagine it being true for some but not all).

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ex-washington-redskins-cheerleaders-defend-team-deny-pimping-situation-during-n871356

16 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I hope Bram, and Cooley’s film breakdowns have a home.  Also Galdi.  They can change everything else....

I messaged with Bram earlier. He hopes his show gets to stay.

I agree with you on the rest. Well, less Cooley when it's not football season.

Guys I'd like to stick around. Galdi, Bram, Scott J, Scott L, Czabe, Smoot/Cooley (during the season).

Besides that, I'd like some new blood. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LLandryistheshiz said:

Please for all that is holy give Fred Smoot more air time

Smoot is great. What I love about him is that while he still has his southern accent and jokes. He's not just throwing out nonsense to cover for anything. He clearly is watching a lot of football, probably film. He can talk about players, positions, routes, assignments, etc.

There are guys (cough cough, Doc) who have been on the radio for decades and still can't seem to do that. They're filled with intangibles and nicknames.

• Like 2