Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All things Sports Talk Radio - DMV (met)

Zguy28

I'm really happy that Galdi has a podcast (actually two but I haven't heard the Nats one yet). 

I'm trying to give the new guys a chance. The Travis Thomas Experience isn't bad. He had a good interview with Jason Campbell and he's been ok with guests. Sometimes he can be longwinded, but he takes a lot of calls and is knowledgeable and entertaining enough. I do have to take occasional breaks though

The Waters guy. I'm still forming an opinion on him. He competes more with Brian Mitchell and JP, but the fact that I'm already on 980 and I'm not listening to that 9-10 hour of the Junkies means that I'm normally going to give him first shot, but he doesn't always do anything for me. Sometimes he'll hit a topic or a rant I can connect to, but not as often as Travis Thomas. More recently, I've been putting him on mute while I listen to audio books or news stories while I get work done. And what's this thing I've been hearing lately about no hitters? Is he trying to not take calls? If thats his thing then he drops a lot. 

The Brian Mitchell and JP is ok. I think its better than just Brian, but he still dominates and bosses JP around like a little kid. 

2 hours ago, purbeast said:

I'm a fan of Travis Scott. He would be on 1067 on the weekends or at night sometimes and I enjoyed him.  I'm not in the car much when he's on but I have found myself listening to him more than BMitch and JP when I am.

They work well together and far better than Frog-face and Douchebag. 

• Haha 1

Didn't Russell or EB make up some news about the WFT which ended up being disproved, like "everyone is leaving the franchise"

Oh yeah I remember. EB made up an accusation about the WFT and that Gruden was not involved which Craig Hoffman (1067 employee) IMMEDIATELY discredited as false lol

If this bombshell they dropped today is shown to be false it would drastically undercut the Junkies credibility

Edited by ixcuincle

2 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Um, what credibility?  

they have tried to break news in the past and failed

EB said that Gruden had no input in day to day affairs at WFT and that was disproven quickly

Now this which appears to be fake news

Very concerning. We'll see what happens.

Blogs make up news. Twitter accounts with 2 or 3 followers make up news.

Maybe Boob Nightingale for MLB.

But a sports talk show that thousands "listen" to should NOT be making up news. Nobody else has corroborated this report. Nobody else is saying what the Junkies said. In fact most have come out and said "The report doesn't say that."

Junkies could find themselves in a lot of hot water for making **** up. And Finlay put his name and reputation behind this too.

For the life of me, I dont see the calculus that says Galdi is expendable, but these other guys are more valuable assets.  Maybe they viewed Galdi as more sidekick than lead.  And frankly, for all I know, the ratings could tell the story.  

Personally, Galdi's versatility was his biggest asset.  I dont wanna hear BMitch, Finley, Russell, Waters, etc talking about the variety of stuff that Galdi can.  

I know I've beaten it to death but EB has no credibility. He's been doing nothing but denying Covid and slinging conspiracy theories for the past year. Maybe it will be proven to be correct down the road but I don't believe a word that guy says until verified by others. I'm also not sure why JP Finlay thinks it's okay to call himself a reporter but doesn't understand why people get pissed when he doesn't vet something he tweets or retweets.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

I know I've beaten it to death but EB has no credibility. He's been doing nothing but denying Covid and slinging conspiracy theories for the past year. Maybe it will be proven to be correct down the road but I don't believe a word that guy says until verified by others. I'm also not sure why JP Finlay thinks it's okay to call himself a reporter but doesn't understand why people get pissed when he doesn't vet something he tweets or retweets.

It's Jason Bishop's story, EB just read it on the air. 

Still haven't seen anybody corroborate the report by JP / EB / Whatever Junkie "broke the news" earlier today.

If this report is so widespread how come nobody else is backing them up? Keim even said he heard nothing about that in the report.

On 3/2/2021 at 7:40 PM, spjunkies said:

Thomas has potential, but Waters is terrible. Seems like a nice enough guy but sports radio just isn't for him.

Yeah I may have been a bit too hard on Thomas. I've listened to him more now and I do like his energy. I don't like him by himself though, I think he needs someone opposite of him.

I just don't get why Galdi was axed. He's awesome and so much better than this Reese Waters dude who just puts me to sleep everytime.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah I may have been a bit too hard on Thomas. I've listened to him more now and I do like his energy. I don't like him by himself though, I think he needs someone opposite of him.

I just don't get why Galdi was axed. He's awesome and so much better than this Reese Waters dude who just puts me to sleep everytime.

I'm guessing it's strictly $$$ reasons.

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

So is Lurch or EB supposed to have the actual report in hand or something?  

If so shouldn't it be easy to prove this is a real document?

I didn't listen to the show, but from what I've read - they have a copy of the actual report.

So they are either making that up entirely and holding firm to a 100% lie, for which I can't see the end game for them on that.  Or they have a real copy of a leaked report.  Or they've been duped by a fake report, which again - I don't understand the end game for whoever gave it to them.

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I'm with you on all of this. If it had just been moving BMitch & JP to 1067 and Thomas in that 12-3 slot, I could handle it. but now its getting used to Thomas who is sometimes a good listen sometimes trying to be too cool, and then sometimes I'd rather listen to the static / buzzing in my headphones when my computer is on mute than Reese Waters. Its not that he's bad its just that his lows make me just take my headphones off and say this is too much or I don't care about this. 

Meanwhile Galdi's podcast is doing well. He's #13 and #6 in football. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

JP just said he talked to a cardiologist and his recommendation was to get the vaccine 90 days out after he had his last negative covid test, and EB is like "you don't need it, you have the antibodies" and then JP continued talking about how he still has symptoms and is going to get it.

But yes, EB, a dumb ****ing sports jock, knows more than a cardiologist, about the medical field.

Can't stand the misinformation that fat **** is spewing on his platform.

Edited by purbeast
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1