Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chip Kelly is occupying space in all of your heads

Westbrook36

Sammy Bradford, ever hear of him? You are about to; more than likely when you are winded to hell and he picks you apart.

Bradford is trade-bait so Chippy can get his boy-toy, Mariotta. Sammy will be injuring himself in Tennesee this year and the Eagles draft will compose the sum of 3 (maybe 4) players once it is all said and done.

I have a Big Mac with a triple sized meat patty and copious amounts of cheese on my mind. Clearly Big Mac would rock the NFL as a coach because it's occupying space in my head.

At the very least, it wouldn't ditch my best receivers and runningback.

Weird.

It's usually your posts- on days following an Eagles loss- that don't show up.

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN

hahahahaha

Best burn on here in a long time.

Honestly, that is hilarious.

I don't often go "OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHhhhhhhh" now, but I did that time.   :lol:

• 2 months later...

Your comments make me think of this song:  https://youtu.be/cqQixDj3-KE

We all we laughing come December, when Kelly is ran out of town when the Eagles fall to 6-10 or worse.  Bradford won't last beyond training camp in Kelly's offense.  PRobably a career ender this time.

Sorry, but I doubt he gets fired after one bad year.  I'm with all of the other comments though.  I have NO IDEA what to expect of that  team next season.

^^^It won't just be "one bad year."   Remember, those other two years, the ones that in your mind make up for the "one bad year" were due to the talent on the roster.  If the Eagles fail this year, it is ALL on Kelly.  He's the one who has jettisoned all of your play makers with an obvious failure of a plan.

^^^It won't just be "one bad year."   Remember, those other two years, the ones that in your mind make up for the "one bad year" were due to the talent on the roster.  If the Eagles fail this year, it is ALL on Kelly.  He's the one who has jettisoned all of your play makers with an obvious failure of a plan.

All that talent?  You mean winning 10 games two seasons in a row with a backup QB playing for half the year both seasons (And finishing in the top 5 offensively both years) and one of the worst defenses in the NFL both season too?  Man what would the Eagles do without all of that talent?

No arguments from me on the jettison of players, but you can't say his plan is a failure before the season has even started. Jackson wasn't a big deal:

With Jackson the WR position went like this:

82 catches, 1332 yards, 9 TDs

47 catches, 835 yards, 8 TDs

38 catches, 447 yards, 2 TDs

Last year without Jackson:

85 catches, 1318 yards, 10 TDs

67 catches, 872 yards, 8 TDs

55 catches, 577 yards, 3 TDs

His production was replaced the next year, but both McCoy and Maclin (who he didn't get rid off) being gone will tell a lot this year.  I wasn't all that big on Foles either.  Funny how Foles got bashed here last year.  Now getting rid of him is the worst move ever.  Go figure.

Like I said, I have no idea what to expect, but to already call it a failure is juuuuust a little premature lol.  You're right though if it does fail he has nobody to blame except himself.  He won't be fired after one bad season though no matter how much you want it to happen, which says a lot.

:

No arguments from me on the jettison of players, but you can't say his plan is a failure before the season has even started. Jackson wasn't a big deal:

;

:

His production was replaced the next year, but both McCoy and Maclin (who he didn't get rid off) being gone will tell a lot this year.  I wasn't all that big on Foles either.  Funny how Foles got bashed here last year.  Now getting rid of him is the worst move ever.  Go figure.

:

Like I said, I have no idea what to expect, but to already call it a failure is juuuuust a little premature lol.  You're right though if it does fail he has nobody to blame except himself.  He won't be fired after one bad season though no matter how much you want it to happen, which says a lot.

:

Jackson was the best WR on your team, imo.  Foles isn't a bad QB at all, can't speak for anyone that bashed him last year.  But the fact he traded him to the Rams for Bradford was the worst move he made.

Foles injury, collarbone.  Bradford has been worn and torn starting in college with the AC joint sprain, re-injuring it and having surgery on it. Then tearing his left ACL in back to back seasons.  

He traded a top 3 back in Shady to the Bills for a linebacker coming off an ACL injury.  Initially, it made sense given the fact that many believed it was for salary cap reasons and that he could plug a cheaper back in his system and succeed.

THEN.......he goes out and pays top dollar for Murray and also signs Mathews.  Now, I'm not saying that's a bad thing in regards to the backs, but lets face it, Murray was playing behind the best o-line in the entire NFL, now he is not.  Mathews, well, he's been hurt off and on every season, with last season being a torn MCL.

It could work out, Eagles could still win 10 games.  The moves he made this off-season were still horrible imo.  

Jackson was the best WR on your team, imo.  Foles isn't a bad QB at all, can't speak for anyone that bashed him last year.  But the fact he traded him to the Rams for Bradford was the worst move he made.

Foles injury, collarbone.  Bradford has been worn and torn starting in college with the AC joint sprain, re-injuring it and having surgery on it. Then tearing his left ACL in back to back seasons.  

He traded a top 3 back in Shady to the Bills for a linebacker coming off an ACL injury.  Initially, it made sense given the fact that many believed it was for salary cap reasons and that he could plug a cheaper back in his system and succeed.

THEN.......he goes out and pays top dollar for Murray and also signs Mathews.  Now, I'm not saying that's a bad thing in regards to the backs, but lets face it, Murray was playing behind the best o-line in the entire NFL, now he is not.  Mathews, well, he's been hurt off and on every season, with last season being a torn MCL.

It could work out, Eagles could still win 10 games.  The moves he made this off-season were still horrible imo.  

Yep, the Bradford move was weird.  He pretty much gambled his whole season on Bradford's health. The backs I'm not as worried about.  Murray, Matthews, and Sproles should be fine if he uses them in a rotation.  Now that Maclin left the WR position is a huge question mark too.  I don't mind Jordan Matthews, but Cooper sucks, and who knows how the kid from USC will look.  I honestly have no idea what to expect.  It either works out really well, or blows up in his face.  I don't really see an in between.

Yep, the Bradford move was weird.  He pretty much gambled his whole season on Bradford's health. The backs I'm not as worried about.  Murray, Matthews, and Sproles should be fine if he uses them in a rotation.  Now that Maclin left the WR position is a huge question mark too.  I don't mind Jordan Matthews, but Cooper sucks, and who knows how the kid from USC will look.  I honestly have no idea what to expect.  It either works out really well, or blows up in his face.  I don't really see an in between.

Yeah, it's pretty much down to either or.  "Either" it works "or" it blows up in his face.  I know he said that they didn't plan on Mariotta, outside of a brief talk where it would cost them the future (e.g. a trade like we made for RGIII).  But honestly, I don't believe any coach/gm when they talk after the fact, in situations like this.

I don't see any head coach/gm trading a perfectly fine QB for one that is injury prone, unless they are trying to work some deal on the back end.  Unless, it is for a QB that fits their system better.  Foles, not mobile; Bradford, not mobile.  I think it backfired and he got stuck with a QB that he better hope stays healthy.  

Archived