Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

nfl.com:Orakpo: I wouldn't mind playing for Cowboys (MET)

Cowboy8467

Man, if he goes anywhere in the division and gets any sacks against us, I would be so pissed since he never got any against division rivals for us

If he got sacks against us then ALL concerned need to find new careers. 

I'd LOVE him to go to Dallas and be a complete waste to their cap numbers. 

Easiest two games RGIII will have all year. Regardless who's at RT. (Even Dallas wouldn't be dumb enough to line him against Trent. He'd get killed.). 

Hail. 

I like Orakpo the person, but the part-time football player has stolen enough money from the Redskins.  Let him steal some from the Cowboys while, at the same time, giving the Redskins a better chance of winning, because he's just a guy IMO.  He never lived up to his draft status.

I do wish him well and hope he can stay healthy the rest of his career wherever he ends up playing.

Same guy who said that he grew up in Texas on a team called the Redskins so he's always been against the Cowboys. Done with him.

Talking out of both sides of his mouth. Hope he signs there for mega bucks and continues to "meh" it out.

I was going to say the same thing. All it is is to sound good. Nothing more nothing less. Doesn't mean squat to them, as long as they're getting paid.

I wish the young man the best of luck, and hope that he'll be able to stay healthy, and that he'll have some good, solid coaching wherever he lands. All players have limitations, but I always got the feeling that the strengths of his skill set were underutilized, and beyond that, he was never really developed during his time with the team. For the latter, I will never blame him. Best of luck to him; he's got something to prove, and I hope he's able to do it.

Best of luck to him, but if history is any indicator he is probably, once again, vastly overvaluing himself. I'm curious how much he is asking for. Nobody is going to pay him like a top 5 pass rusher. He is a good, but not elite, pass rusher who is coming off of multiple injuries. He is going to have to accept a relatively low payday I would guess. Especially considering how deep this draft is with DL and edge rushers.

Best of luck to him, but if history is any indicator he is probably, once again, vastly overvaluing himself. I'm curious how much he is asking for. Nobody is going to pay him like a top 5 pass rusher. He is a good, but not elite, pass rusher who is coming off of multiple injuries. He is going to have to accept a relatively low payday I would guess. Especially considering how deep this draft is with DL and edge rushers.

Somebody is going to pay him big.

I can't help but think that the Redskins' physical trainers and the LB coaches need to take some blame on Rak's career being what it was.

In the interview today he said he has learned his lesson and will not put so much emphasis on weight lifting to try to avoid the pec problems.  Well, duh! Even the ES posters have been saying that for years.  Where were the trainers?  Sometimes you have to protect a player from himself. (like Laron Landry)

Rak has a great bull/speed rush but couldn't one of the numerous LB "gurus" show him a swim move? :huh:

Oh well.

The Rook :)

His last few season's with the Skins you always expected an injury sooner rather than later. Wherever he ends up, hope he stays injury free and does well

Agreed, unless he stays within the NFC East. In which case I hope he fails miserably. 

I hate that his entire time here was with Haslett.  London Fletcher said it best.... Haz didn't Haz a clue what he was doing.  They should've moved Orakpo around like they talked about when Kerrigan was drafted.  I feel bad for the guy who had a great college career and a HIGH ceiling coming into the league, and then getting teamed up with Haslett.

Players have the right to go wherever they want as FAs and earn whatever they can. We're (apparently) choosing to let him go, so he's moving on.

Not sure what else there is to say about this. If you wanted to keep him, you keep him. If you don't think he's worth keeping, then there's no point in worrying about where he goes next.

I read the article on line and read the comments.  It was mostly Cowboy fans commenting.  None of them were excited about it.  They overwhelmingly commented, damaged goods, too many injuries, kick the tires but only if he comes cheap.  

No one is going to pay him what he thinks he is worth. No one. So if he sticks to his guns, it'll be a while now before we hear he has signed somewhere. Honestly, I hope it is Dallas. Let him keep getting injured and being a massive black hole in their salary cap. 

Though I do like Orakpo, he hasn't reached his potential since we drafted him, IMO. Injuries notwithstanding, he's a one-dimensional pass-rusher who I think refused to open up his repertoire in order to become a true force at OLB. 

And though I wouldn't be nervous if he did sign with the Girls, I'd still throw up in my mouth a little.

Archived