Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

As best as I can tell, the movie American Sniper is being turned into a hate film by the liberal media

Springfield

Well I, for one, can't wait to see the movie this weekend. I haven't heard one thing about it being politically-bent; more that it is a story about Chris Kyle and his victories and struggles as a soldier, father, husband and human. I've heard that it is a really powerful and sobering movie.

And as always, the classless, dumpity, piggly-wiggly, assclown can go screw himself. :)

You'll love it kiddo' on a multitude of levels.

Clints nailed another.

I defy you not to have teary eyes though at the masterfully handled, respectful ending.

Wifey, son (21) and daughter (18) have seen it.

They all said the same thing - at the end of the movie, not one person in the entire theater made a sound as they left.

Exactly the same here.

And this isn't even America, or, per se, our 'hero.' As much as we have the upmost respect and gratitude for all those guys.

Says it all about Eastwoid and his team handled such a tricky subject with such dignity.

Hail.

has anyone seen this movie?  is it good?  i am thinking about going to see this on saturday.

Yes. YES and definitely go see it. 

Very good movie and I am not ashamed to say that I shed a few tears (mostly because I can semi-relate to some of the issues that he had).  Of course, just like most movies that are based on a true story, it doesn't get into all of the details that the book did, but it was very well done.

I like most of the movies Clint Eastwood directs. "Grand Turino" in particular is one of my favorites. So I'll probably check this out, although I haven't seen it yet.

Judging by the previews, it looks a little dark, as is typical of Eastwood's films. So I'd be surprised if it "glorifies" war.

I do get the worry about pro-war propaganda though. Some of the anti-Islamic sentiment the film is generating bothers me, for example.

I like most of the movies Clint Eastwood directs. "Grand Turino" in particular is one of my favorites. So I'll probably check this out, although I haven't seen it yet.

Judging by the previews, it looks a little dark, as is typical of Eastwood's films. So I'd be surprised if it "glorifies" war.

I do get the worry about pro-war propaganda though. Some of the anti-Islamic sentiment the film is generating bothers me, for example.

Well, don't let the internet take on too much importance.   A story about a lost puppy will generate anti-Islamic sentiment among a certain crowd.   

Wifey, son (21) and daughter (18) have seen it.

They all said the same thing - at the end of the movie, not one person in the entire theater made a sound as they left.

Exactly what I posted in movie thread. Unlike anything I've ever seen after a movie.

I loved the movie btw. Thought t was great but it missed some marks here and there.

I don't know anything about Chris except for what I saw in the movie so I won't comment on anything else

MM is about as relevant as the Beta-Max and corded phones.

Seth Rogan spends his life in a constant state of THC induced highness.

The tissue I use to clean my dogs' faces is more important to me then their words.

I'm about as liberal as they come, but I completely agree with you.

Seth, just pack another bowl and make me laugh on screen. Spare us your negative opinions of heavily decorated combat troops.

The big issue I have with it is with Eastwood, and his glossing over of the truth of Kyles life.  It does no good to show one side and not show the other.  In this case, its important to show the bad along with the good.  Ignoring some really important parts of Kyle's life feels very dishonest.

And come on, do they not trust Bradley Cooper with real babies??

I'm about as liberal as they come, but I completely agree with you.

Seth, just pack another bowl and make me laugh on screen. Spare us your negative opinions of heavily decorated combat troops.

I'm not even sure Seth knows exactly what he posted, as I've heard several interviews with him and he sounds stoned even then.

I think MM needed to say something just so folks remembered he was still living.  Though, in all honestly, there are some dumb extreme-righties who say really dumb stuff as well.

This is why I try to ignore folks from both extreme sides.

ps/  Great avatar, youngchew.

Taibbi is the goddamn worst.  Even when he brings up good points he just comes off as the most smug, arrogant prick around.  Read his first sentence, he already had his mind made up before seeing the film.  He probably had most of the article written before seeing the movie, his agenda is always so obvious.

And come on, do they not trust Bradley Cooper with real babies??

It's actually not a simple thing to get a child actor (especially a baby) on film. It's red tape forever, and the parents are often hard to deal with, and the babies tend to cry until either everybody else gives up and goes home - which costs big money - or until the actor drops the baby on its head - which costs bigger money.

I really hope the GOP has Clint come out in 2016 at the RNC and talk to the fake baby. It's such a winning routine.

-------

Is it fair to say the movie is an above average movie about an american soldier who did a lot of great things for his country but was ultimately flawed and bragged about doing a lot of bad things after his service? And that Eastwood entirely ignores that portion of Kyle?

i'll see the movie on netflix... long after everybody has stopped talking about it... just like all movies i see  

Ditto. Two people I enjoy and respect -Howard Stern and Matt Taibbi- have completely different views on this movie, so I reckon I'll just have to watch it and make up my own dang mind. As usual.

Just saw it last night. Can't see what all the fuss is about. And I'm usually one of those people who gets annoyed with over-the-top pro-American biases.

It's the current state of the media. Anything and everything is now nitpicked and blown out of proportion and it's not particularly anyone's fault. People crave controversial stories and unfortunately, it seems this movie meets the minimum requirements to be labeled "controversial".

PS. Just enjoy the movie and don't get caught up in what's PC and what's not. You'll enjoy yourself more.

Just saw it last night. Can't see what all the fuss is about. And I'm usually one of those people who gets annoyed with over-the-top pro-American biases.

It's the current state of the media. Anything and everything is now nitpicked and blown out of proportion and it's not particularly anyone's fault. People crave controversial stories and unfortunately, it seems this movie meets the minimum requirements to be labeled "controversial".

PS. Just enjoy the movie and don't get caught up in what's PC and what's not. You'll enjoy yourself more.

I'm not sure what's worse:

The reaction to the movie or the overreaction to the reaction to the movie.

Maybe the reaction to the overreaction to the reaction to the movie will be the worse...we'll just have to wait and see.

I'm not sure what's worse:

The reaction to the movie or the overreaction to the reaction to the movie.

Maybe the reaction to the overreaction to the reaction to the movie will be the worse...we'll just have to wait and see.

i hope not.

or...on the other hand... you may have just described the formula for perpetual energy?

Archived