Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zoony Bin: The official '15 offseason Twitter thread, Whine room now open serving Francis Copious Speculation Cab, Lavar buffet Incl., tips included

SWFLSkins

Chip saved 9.4mil on the cap with this move.....One thing I give Chip props for, he dont give no ****s LMAO....he doesnt care about the fans or nothin. Just his agenda. I respect that to an extent.  This is a business, screw what the fans think/feel. I hate every offseason when we have that part of the fan base that wants to keep players way past their prime, all because the players are funny, charismatic, or nice. Like we had great times with those players. 

I feel Chip, the Eagles aint won no dam Super Bowls, aint nobody safe.....He wants to make his mark. If he doesnt, hes going to lose his job anyway, mind as well go all out.....

People wax about chip kelly as if he's been managing pro rosters for years. I don't get that

Seems like a college football coach who has always had the best players trying to emulate what he thinks a smart personnel guy would do in the NFL. Or an egomaniac in love with his scheme. Or both

At minimum, I don't see where he deserves any benefit of doubt when it come to managing pro personnel

Chip is playing chess.

He's not gonna pay 1 penny over value for anyone.

I have only really seen the Steelers work that for Championships, even the Patriots pay aging vets at times, overpay no, but just cutting good football players or trading them to save money to spend later in hopes you upgrade seems as dumb as signing aging vets to huge parachute retirement contracts. 

Spring Training.... game one in,.....Has-watch Day 57 #nojobyet @Russellmania980 @PriscoCBS

WHOA. Weird. I swear I didn't see that, and it was posted almost simultaneously. Great minds must think alike lol

No bro, you got the credit on this one, I just copied and pasted and then wanted to make sure you saw that I tweeted your genius. 

Awwww dang RT @ChillRell: Chip Kelly's next Trade

B_OKdLjUoAA7CFN.jpg
B_OKdLpUsAA9wix.jpg

WHOA. Weird. I swear I didn't see that, and it was posted almost simultaneously. Great minds must think alike lol

The tweet was because you said it lol. SWFL sees stuff in here and tweets it out if it inspires him enough

I love everything about the Oregon Duck. It's the best mascot in existence. It belongs in college though

Guess I'm still a noob when it comes to this thread. Thanks for the clarification haha. And @johnnylocal has a new follow

johnnylocal abides. lol. Always wanted to say that. 

Washington Redskins Draft Profiles: Trae Waynes, CB http://sbnation.com/e/7910232 

B_OVXhKXAAA4v9v.jpg

Philly - the city of love RT @AdamSchefter: And meanwhile, in the Philadelphia Inquirer....

B_OU7DOXIAA0vGo.jpg

I don't get why people are reacting like this.

Kelly just crushed this trade.

He unloaded a cut candidate RB with a ridiculous contract who wasn't elite last year, after the Eagles already got his best years.

He traded for one of the best coverage LB's in the entire NFL, who is still young and on a cheap contract for two more years.

100% win for the Eagles regardless of what they do at RB...and I'm sure they'll fill that hole.

Honestly couldnt disagree more, first who was the second best RB rushing yardage wise in the league last year after week 5? That guy who you just said was not elite. Who was the best RB in the league the year before? The guy who you said wasnt elite.

Next point I disagree with was this cut casulty nonsense, Shady wasnt asked to restructure his contract and there was no thought about cutting him before today not sure where that comes from.

Next thing I disagree with is how anyone can think that the Lber whos played one season and tore his ACL and didnt play his second season is not a risky player? The Bills defense didnt miss him last season and were a dominate defense who already had his replacement playing great last year no reason to think they wont be fine without him next year.

Last point the Bills just replaced an oft injured RB for one of the leagues top 5 best in the game. Its a landslide win for the Bills and its not even close to me.

As Redskins fans we dont have to go against Shady twice a year anymore which is a win for us. I honestly dont think there is an ounce of bad news about this trade to me. I usually agree with you but not this time sorry. Great news for us imo and sometimes good things do come our way and this is one of those times.

This trade is a weird one.

Kelly is betting on himself to just plug and play another guy in that RB spot. If it works, he'll be a genius. Igloos fans up here in Philly are pissed tho.

​Like him or not, Shady is probably the most dynamic player in the game. It's gonna be REALLY hard to replace.

As a Skins fan, I'm glad cuz the two guys that always killed us (Jax and Shady) are both gone finally 

*sidenote* WTF is wrong with my font size?

lmao at people actually thinking the Eagles got the better end of this deal. They just dealt away a 26-year old elite player for an often injured LB who's had one good year. This is one of the most lopsided trades I've seen in awhile. The Bills took Chip to the cleaners.

lmao at people actually thinking the Eagles got the better end of this deal. They just dealt away a 26-year old elite player for an often injured LB who's had one good year. This is one of the most lopsided trades I've seen in awhile. The Bills took Chip to the cleaners.

Couldn't disagree more. He's still a RB.

Well, I think it's a far riskier bet on the Eagles side, but if Alonso recovers and played like he did his rookie year (he's only 24) or even a bit worse, a very good -> top LB is better than a top RB easily. 

Also, anyone talking about how this guy hasn't showed much and only did anything 1 year should look to the RG3 arguments to see why that argument isn't going to hold up very well.  And, this guy hasn't actually shown regression on the field, yet. He could just as easily have a 10 year career from today going forward as any other player who showed flashes year 1 and struggled year 2 for whatever reason, in his case, injuries. 

The dollar side of the thing makes sense and maybe they just butted heads with his agent were they couldn't get his cap number down and said screw it.  That said ridding your team of dynamic matchup problem players in back to back years shows a good bit of arrogance from Kelly.  Basically he's being absolute in picking his system over talent which is his belief to have, but if he gets fired in the next couple of years its likely going to be a direct result of moves like this.  

Next point I disagree with was this cut casulty nonsense, Shady wasnt asked to restructure his contract and there was no thought about cutting him before today not sure where that comes from.

Pretty much everything else was just agree to disagree type stuff, we just see the values of the two players differently. Nothing wrong with that.

But this part I quoted, is not true. He was absolutely on the cut block, there were rumblings about that for weeks.

And now we have this, which may or may not be true:

Michael Schotty: Source tells me Eagles would've cut LeSean McCoy and were just calling around to find *anything* for him. Bills only took 20min to say yes.

10:37pm - 3 Mar 15

Like the trade for eagels.

RB's can be found anywhere, so you should commit low resources on it.

In current nfl it's important to have a lb who can cover. Match up with TE's.

But the LB has injury problems and you have cap room to use it. Only they weren't in cap problems. Personally I would try to max out my cap. There is no reseason to have 30 mil cap space going into a season.

I can't see how people are saying that the Eagles won this trade. The argument is that RBs hit a wall at 30, not 25 or 26. People are calling last year a down year for McCoy, but he still got 1300 yards and was 3rd in the league in rushing. People are saying that RBs are easily replaceable, but they also carry the ball 20-30 times a game and if your QB isn't an all star you're probably going to be more dependent on your running game so its good to have a quality RB. As far as the question between RB vs LB, I don't even think its a question that I'd take McCoy over a LB who has had two major knee injuries. And where is this LB known to be a threat or a game changer? In 2013 he had 2 sacks, so its not as a pass rusher, He did get 4 Ints, but playing in Buff with that line you're forced to question if its because of him or that dominant line they have. Then there's the question of how will he return from the injury, how much slower will he be, will he trust himself, how much at risk is he for further injury, etc. Plus he's going to a new system (3-4 to 4-3) and there's a question of where he fits best.

I just love this move because I see there's little to no way that the Eagles win this one. Best case scenario is that he's an impactful LB, but I don't see him as anywhere near the gamechanger that McCoy is. I think this is another case of Kelly thinking he's smarter than the rest of the world and we get to reap the benefits.

Now I wonder if there's going to come a smear campaign in the next few days.

Archived