Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zoony Bin: The official '15 offseason Twitter thread, Whine room now open serving Francis Copious Speculation Cab, Lavar buffet Incl., tips included

SWFLSkins

I think this is an insubordination trade, not a cap/salary trade. Chip seems to want to get rid of anyone who stands up to him or disagree with him. It started last year with Desean. Now, we see the guys who stuck up for Desean getting cut or traded.  Coincidence, me thinks not.

Dude they traded for played for Chip Kelly at Oregon.....thats why Chip did it. I HATE Philly, but that's annoying as hell for a coach to constantly be targeting players he coached at his last college.

The Redskins did that years ago when Spurrier was here and he brought in a bunch of his Gator players.

How'd that work out? :)

If the term cap casualty is thrown around too much.

I like this trade for the same reason I think we should cut/trade Garçon. He makes more then he's worth.

System fit is important. If a coach can find a player that fits there system for less then market value it's a win.

Kelly can draft or sign or promote in house to address the RB position and its not going to cost him 9.5 mil.

Just like he didnt think it was necessary to pay DeSean 10.5 mil. The passing game production was just fine without him and Matthews cost much less then 10.5.

I like this trade for the same reason I think we should cut/trade Garçon. He makes more then he's worth.

In terms of Garcon, if we are being forced to increase our cap spending per the second stage of the spirit of the salary cap fiasco then it is even more unnecessary to unload one of our best players for cap savings... when it is imperative we spend cap.

I think this is an insubordination trade, not a cap/salary trade. Chip seems to want to get rid of anyone who stands up to him or disagree with him. It started last year with Desean. Now, we see the guys who stuck up for Desean getting cut or traded.  Coincidence, me thinks not.

Should Chip be referred from now on as "Shanachip"?

I've always thought that a good coach/player relationship is the only way to success, but I gotta admit, when I saw this trade, my jaw dropped. Reminds me of the Oliphant/Byner trade.

System fit is important. If a coach can find a player that fits there system for less then market value it's a win.

Kelly can draft or sign or promote in house to address the RB position and its not going to cost him 9.5 mil.

Just like he didnt think it was necessary to pay DeSean 10.5 mil. The passing game production was just fine without him and Matthews cost much less then 10.5.

I see where you're coming from, but this is a little different; Shady is a damned good RB, a top tier FF player in most everyone's eyes, and his production is top notch too. If egos are getting between Chip and his players, the Eagles will be the new Redskins within a year. Even in this new era of an aerial game, a quality RB who can catch is a sure value, but now they're in a crapshoot situation; there's no guarantee their next RB will be anything near the quality of McCoy.

Then you missed my point. It's not about needing the cap savings. It's about getting value.

I think we disagree with Garcon's value too. Playing injured the first year, he produced the spectacular. The second year with practically every other receiving target injured and the defense knowing to key almost solely on him he snagged over a hundred balls. Last year, Cousins could never find him or seemed not to look for him.  After that, his numbers improved. Certainly overall they declined, but that has more to do with QB play (and possibly Desean's acquisition) than Garcon himself.

Now, the disgruntled part is something to watch out for, but for multiple reasons, I think he's worth keeping.

I don't think you can look at this trade in a vacuum right now. Especially for philly, I see the cost savings for them but I want to see what they do with all this money. Do they package their draft to move up for Mariota and blow 100 million on Suh or do they stay put and draft, then spend their cap room to fill in the needs they just created.

For the Bills I think this is a good trade, Rex gets a bell cow back that was still number 3 in the NFL in rushing last year with poor QB play and offensive line injuries. They trade a player with two major knee injuries to make room for a player that performed last year.

In the short term it makes sense for both teams, more so for the Bills in my opinion right now.

Of course McCoy is one of the top RBs in the league, never said he wasn't.

I have no way to know about their relationship and don't care. 9.5 mil is 9.5 mil.

And you're right there is no guarantee. But part of being good organization is the ability to find and develop talent. If you trust your staff and philosophically you don't believe in paying a RB 9.5 mil you don't.

Then Denver WCO has been doing that for years Alfred Morris and Justin Forset are examples.

Burgold-

The production is the production any player has reasons for the lack it didnt stop DeSean. I like Garçon he's tough and good after the catch. But I see a WR that is scheme dependent to get open, doesn't track nor high point the deep ball well, doesn't 'win' often enough against press man.

And even his spectacular year wasn't good in YPC or TDs he was a scheme dependent volume receiver, same as Tana under Kyle's guidance.

Couldn't disagree more. He's still a RB.

That seems to be the trend to devalue RB's because the media sez so? A good back can still keep a lead or slow down a fast paced opposing Offense, keeping them off the field, oh and change how a D is playing you.

McCoy was an all around back who could split out, I know Chip couldn't use any of those. Let alone nobody is mentioning the effect on the team, D-Jax was viewed as his own man, McCoy was the heartbeat of the Eagles offense. IMO, Chip just showed the team the most important player on O was not that important. Balance is the key, you can't rely on the system, you have to have players to run it. See Spurrier. 

DG - How can you say you don't care about the relationship between the coach and the player if that is a primary reason decisions are being made.

Football decisions should be made for football reasons not because the coach doesn't agree with comments you make. As soon as McCoy started rebutting the teams line on Jackson I thought he would be gone but I could not see a way it could be justified . But lets not forget this is the same front office who strongly implied DeSean Jackson was released because of gang affiliations  besmirching his character and really trying to reduce his ability to earn money. - They did not replace Jackson last year and the passing game regressed and was doing so before Foles was injured.

Talk about system fit and in all reality is there a better system fit than McCoy in the NFL for the type of offense Philly runs. What are you going to replace him with ?

They talk about not wanting to pay a player 9.5 million .... well sorry bud but that is the deal you signed . IF the eagles had approached McCoy about a restructure or extension and he turned them down flat then fine but they didn't . The only thing McCoy said he would not do was take a pay cut - and why should he if that is what was in his contract. If he was a poor system fit and if he was showing signs of deterioration then I get it, but he wasn't, 2nd in the NFC, 3rd in the NFL and that is without a standout WR, with 4 OL either suspended or injured and a carousel at QB position. Only 1500 yards from scrimage - I could replace him for sure ...

And then there is the talk of how easy it is to replace one of the most dangerous RBs in the league over the last 3-4 years. I mean RBs are 10 a penny - Well RBs are but LeSean McCoys are not. You can get another RB in that backfield same number hell get him to change his name but unless you are very fortunate indeed then you are not going to get near the production, and it is not just about putting up numbers. Teams game planned around McCoy, just like they did against Portis or Smith  - They really are not going to against Sproles - And again talking about how replaceable special RBs are then you only have to look at the Cowboys who after years of excellence with Emmit Smith have plodded along with mediocre backs until Murry was able to put together an injury free season, because lets face it in the last two years when he has been available he has been impressive (it is not all about the line)  

People talk about how easy it is to replace a superstar RB but apparently outside LBs coming of their second ACL man they are as rare as hens teath.

To reiterate my point - You have to care about the relationship because that is what this is about. Kelly needing to prove he is in charge and that would scare me as a Philly fan. Good coaches work out problems and strong FO stand up to the coaches and mediate problematical situations. This is not madden. Running a successful team is about relationships and working to a desired goal. 

Washington Redskins @Redskins 14m14 minutes ago

Sean Taylor was drafted by the #Redskins with the No. 5 pick in 2004. More 1st rd. picks | http://redsk.in/1B6lBsW 

B_QUj2mU4AACco9.jpg

Pierre Garçon @PierreGarcon 16m16 minutes ago

Swag sock early this AM @AldrickRobinson @Trey_Deuces @HankTime85 @EIGHTTODANINE @RGIII 1f602.png1f602.png1f602.png1f602.png

B_QUeqRVIAADbhm.jpg

Conor Orr @ConorTOrr 30m30 minutes ago

Oddly enough, Portis trade was 11 years ago yesterday.

Conor Orr @ConorTOrr 34m34 minutes ago

Clinton Portis on @NFL_AM this morning said the Bills no doubt won this RB-for-Defensive player trade because of course he did.

IMO i think the trade was kind of dumb for both teams. The Bills are far from a win now team IMO. They got a star RB who is prob right in the middle of his career. Now they have that money tied up in a RB and they still have no QB.

The Eagles O is obviously dependent on star players. They were spectacular with Djax and McCoy. Teams couldn't stack or really double Djax. With the loss of Djax last year teams were able to stack and slow down McCoy which i believe lead to his somewhat down season. 

Now with him gone and most likely Mac gone as well i see really no major threat on their team..along with the fact they have no QB. Yes, they have a ton of space now...and obviously they will bring some players in but imo there are no FA available this year with the talent of McCoy and Djax....maybe even Mac.

Will be very interesting to see what management does if this blows up in their face.  

Archived