Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Report: Snyder, Allen may side with RG3 and fire Gruden

Boss_Hogg

Bruce Allen was a big part of the RG3 decision, it wasn't a Shanny decision

There is absolutely no reason to believe that. Shanahan was given full control of personnel while here, and in fact had language in his contract dictating such. If he was being force-fed Griffin, he could have walked away with all his money, with his reputation the same as before he came to Washington. In fact, the PR mess that Snyder would have had to deal with would be enough of a threat for Shanny to pull to stop Snyder from trying to make a move Shanahan wasn't fully behind. 

The idea that Shanahan wasn't behind the Griffin deal was created a year and a half later by Shanahan himself when it wasn't working. 

There is absolutely no reason to believe that. Shanahan was given full control of personnel while here, and in fact had language in his contract dictating such. If he was being force-fed Griffin, he could have walked away with all his money, with his reputation the same as before he came to Washington. In fact, the PR mess that Snyder would have had to deal with would be enough of a threat for Shanny to pull to stop Snyder from trying to make a move Shanahan wasn't fully behind. 

The idea that Shanahan wasn't behind the Griffin deal was created a year and a half later by Shanahan himself when it wasn't working. 

Everyone says Bruce and Danny were pushing this but you.  You got any evidence to support your claims?

Bruce Allen was a big part of the RG3 decision, it wasn't a Shanny decision.

Bruce Allen is a leper in Tampa it's not convenient memories, they think he is an idiot.  They wouldn't want him back in Oakland either.  You might want to do research instead of posting nonsense.

When the freak has Tampa done anything, they have exactly 1 winning season since he left.  It's easy to say someone's a leper until you look at the win loss record which is not nonsense.

This has to be a joke. Folks willing to get rid of Gruden after one season and were fine with getting rid of another coach because of Robert Griffin? This makes no sense to me.

Can the football experts here please explain this to me? How a coach that ran a successful program in Denver and another who had a great offense as an offensive coordinator are wrong about Robert Griffin and some of the football experts here along with Dan Snyder think it's a great idea to fire another head coach over Robert Griffin?

And now people are calling Gruden an ass because of some perceived eye-rolling that no one witnessed, again regarding Robert Griffin. Everyone knew Gruden was very open and honest regarding football, yet now this is an issue? Even the locker room was perceived to be upset that Griffin was starting, yet this is Grudens' fault?

How is not giving the head coach a chance to turn things around, a good idea? If this is true, how is an owner in the course of his actions, saying one player is more important than the team, a good idea? The other thing is the owner is siding with a lot of the football experts here, yet those same experts criticize the owner? To me, they have the exact owner they deserve.

When the freak has Tampa done anything, they have exactly 1 winning season since he left.  It's easy to say someone's a leper until you look at the win loss record which is not nonsense.

Save it for someone who ignores the obvious.

So the Raiders, Bucs, and now Redskins are the joke of the league.  But you want Allen because he went to franchises that were jokes and didn't succeed.   OK.

LOL  Bruce Allen's dad George is turning over in his grave.

Everyone says Bruce and Danny were pushing this but you.  You got any evidence to support your claims?

I need to prove that Shanahan was given control of personnel? That isn't well established? Fine, here's the fist thing that popped up:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/mike-shanahan-hasnt-solved-washington-redskins-problems-during-uneven-tenure/2013/12/28/7df92930-6fd5-11e3-a523-fe73f0ff6b8d_story.html

Shanahan would be granted full control over the Redskins’ football operations.

Yeah. I really, really don't like Gruden. Didn't like the hire in the first place, and he has amazingly been much worse than I thought he'd be. And downright unlikeable to boot.

But if that's the reason he's fired it's beyond shameful. 

I would expect much more from this fine organiza........... Hahahaha. Just kidding about that part.

Firing him to "side" with RG3 and because he doesn't think RG3 can be the franchise guy is ridiculous.

However, I can understand firing him because he has seemingly no control of the locker rooms, has continued the horrible leaking and undisciplined action on and off the field that made it so reasonable to ship Shanny out last year, and he utterly failed at seemingly getting any real development out of either of our young QB's on the roster which I'd imagine was one of the primary things he used to pitch himself as the guy to choose as HQ. Not to mention feeling like he's just not been very impressive coaching either as a HQ or as an OC this year.

The only reason I suggested you don't fire Gruden at the end of this year is because of his contract and the way it could hamper your franchise paying that much cash to a coach whose not coaching for you.

I do say if Gruden goes, Bruce absolutely needs to go as well. At that point Snyder needs to hire a GM without any caveats regarding players. Hire that GM, tell him to evaluate the roster, and then tell him to go find a coach.

If that guy feels that Griffin or Cousins is worth giving a chance as the future guy, so be it. If he feels its' best to move on, so be it.

But if you flush the coach, this GM absolutely needs to be flushed as well. If you want, keep Bruce on as Team President, no problem with that...but no more GM. Get a GM and let hime decide everything else.

Whether or not Danny was pushing for it or not, is besides the point.  No one was running from the decision when RG3 tore it up his rookie year.  Everyone ran from it when they realized he couldn't throw the ball to wide open receivers. 

Save it for someone who ignores the obvious.

So the Raiders, Bucs, and now Redskins are the joke of the league.  But you want Allen because he went to franchises that were jokes and didn't succeed.   OK.

LOL  Bruce Allen's dad George is turning over in his grave.

No I just want to give the guy a fair shot.  My point about the Bucs is right on point, he had 2 playoff appearances in 4 years which I would take right now.  That came under his watch and I'm not going to ignore it even if others do.

Nearly everyone assumes is he had control his entire time here when the exact opposite was the truth.  Did he have input with Shanny, absolutely but Shanny owned those decisions and he wasn't shy in saying he had personnel control. 

Bruce said the same thing this offseason for the first time and if your not going to give the guy a couple years then I think your being unrealistic.

I can't see any even remote possibility that Gruden is fired and RG3 is kept. If that happens, RG3, Snyder, Allen, and this entire organization will face an enormous backlash, and 3-13 will have been a high point over the next couple years.

No way this happens. It's just more click-driven **** slinging by the clueless media.

Fact Check

1) Drafted RG3, then WON the NFC same Year

2) RG3 Rushed BACK from an Injury and through our faithful PR minions, successfully pressured MS to Start him with the help of Snyder

3) RG3 was a shadow of himself (AS EXPECTED BY MOST). Blamed the coaches, poisoned the relationship between Kyle/MS

REPEAT 2 & 3 for 2014

D I V A

Fact Check

1) Drafted RG3, then WON the NFC same Year

2) RG3 Rushed BACK from an Injury and through our faithful PR minions, successfully pressured MS to Start him with the help of Snyder

3) RG3 was a shadow of himself (AS EXPECTED BY MOST). Blamed the coaches, poisoned the relationship between Kyle/MS

REPEAT 2 & 3 for 2014

D I V A

Of course, 2&3 aren't facts, they're speculation/opinion.

Either way, it has nothing whatsoever to do with what you quoted.

For the sake of the fans and the players Gruden needs to stay here and fix this franchise.

For his own sake if the owner lets him go he can laugh all the way to the bank and then

still be an assistant coach in the NFL.

Allen needs to either go or bring in someone who knows player personnel stuff and have this person report to him.

We need a home win tomorrow to stop all this non-sense.  I think in the off season Gruden will let Haz go too.  Allen did not beef up the defense with trades and draft picks last year.

Also, we need continuity at the head coaching position for the next few years.  Letting Gruden go after one year would be a disaster.  Fans would really stop supporting the team.

Oooh scare us.  He might play for chip kelly.  If you really think he will be successful here you are kidding yourself

So I guess thinking he has potential to be good after being rookie of the year two years ago is living in fantasy land.  Look, I've been very critical of Robert; however, I think a lot of people are going way overboard with writing him off completely.  It's a piling on mentality.   I bet the Lions are glad they didn't give up on Stafford too soon.  The beginning of Stafford's career was riddled with bad play and injuries.  Stafford isn't great, but he turned out to be a pretty good QB. 

I just can't believe that the QB who went down to Dallas on Thanksgiving two years ago and put on a clinic has all of a sudden turned into John Beck.  I just can't wrap my head around it.

Well Gruden is just showing the emperor has no clothes. He also isn't going out like that. He isn't an idiot, he knows he is being made the scapegoat and doing what I would do. Take it straight to the interview and not let the boogieman make him what they tried to make Kyle and Mike. It's not the media, it's not Gruden, it wasn't Shanny or Kyle, it wasn't Mike Nolan and the vanilla ice cream defense. It's a continuous personal slandering media onslaught that has to stop. And you are supporting it by your posts. I hope Gruden walks and gives this organization the big middle finger.

We've got a bunch of hero-worshipping Dan Snyder's on this board. Whether they admit it or not. I think a lot of people see it for what it is now, though. They're just not the vocal ones here.

As an aside, I think it's hilarious the same group of posters who considered it blasphemy back in 2013 and early this year to give Kirk Cousins any credit or claim he possesses any skills over Robert, even if you framed it with the understanding that Robert had the higher ceiling, are now using Kirk Cousins as proof Gruden is the problem.

They say "Kirk regressed" even though they were the fastest ones to respond to a post about Kirk with "he's Rex Grossman" and "he's an INT machine" in the past. Now, suddenly, when he ends up doing what they labeled him as anyway, it's Gruden. Lol. Just awesome. They don't even blink doing it.

The new coach we get in here will clearly handle it better than Kyle, oops I mean Gruden! I forgot who we're on now, my bad. :P

For the sake of the fans and the players Gruden needs to stay here and fix this franchise.

For his own sake if the owner lets him go he can laugh all the way to the bank and then

still be an assistant coach in the NFL.

Allen needs to either go or bring in someone who knows player personnel stuff and have this person report to him.

We need a home win tomorrow to stop all this non-sense.  I think in the off season Gruden will let Haz go too.  Allen did not beef up the defense with trades and draft picks last year.

Also, we need continuity at the head coaching position for the next few years.  Letting Gruden go after one year would be a disaster.  Fans would really stop supporting the team.

What if Gruden is a terrible coach?  Do you think he should remain our coach if he's in way over his head?  What if he's just a bad hire like Zorn?  Should we keep him around just for the illusion of stability?

He's failing with every QB we have here. Our defense is awful and he continues to support Haslett and blame the players. The same mistakes are being made week after week. I don't care if we get rid of RGIII but Allen and Gruden should go out the door with him.

How in the world is a coach supposed to turn around a 3-13 team with basically the same players?! 

A bust of a QB, and a Front Office worried more about the bottom line than the execution on the field.

Let's all just stop blaming him for trying to drag kicking and screaming this team of the pathetic results of the last twenty years.

I can't see any even remote possibility that Gruden is fired and RG3 is kept. If that happens, RG3, Snyder, Allen, and this entire organization will face an enormous backlash, and 3-13 will have been a high point over the next couple years.

No way this happens. It's just more click-driven **** slinging by the clueless media.

Don't fool yourself.  It's very possible it might happen.

When I was a kid, Brent Mushburger would come on the TV at 12:01 pm on Sundays and say "You are looking live at sold out RFK stadium" and after that I would watch a well played, competitive game with players that did their jobs and played hard and pretty much kept their mouths shut like Monk, Jacoby, Grimm, Butz, Coleman and the rest of the players. I really, really miss that. The internet is very good for a lot of things but along with Dan Snyder it has ruined my love of football. Back in the day I didn't know very much about what was going on with the Redskins until the game started but now I read all week long about "un-named sources", the coach looking at the QB the wrong way, the QB looking at the coach the wrong way, and all the other crap that goes along with being a present day Redskins fan. It really sucks!

When's the last time Synder hired an up and coming coach with solid coordinator experience? Answer= never until this year.

I think we are at an impasse. It's either griffin or gruden. One will be gone.

Gruden is football smart and can tell a QB dud when he sees one. He also is a straight shooter and is not backing down to owner/GM pressure.

It will be painful, but it think Synder makes the right move and releases or trades rg3.

If he sides with rg3 and fires gruden I won't have much use for this team until things change at the top. Which isn't likely to be soon.

Archived