Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Report: Snyder, Allen may side with RG3 and fire Gruden

Boss_Hogg

Jason Reid seems to be all over the place flailing from one point to another as for spelling out Redskins chaos in the last month, his stories included:

A.  The players are too loose in the locker room and don't take things serious enough -- and that vibe might be perpetuated by Jay himself who as Reid put it likes to have a good time.

B.  Jay's had it with RG3 and has convinced the FO that RG3 needs to go

C.  RG3 is good as gone in the off season, don't buy any other indication or anybody who says otherwise

D.  Well, maybe I was wrong (he didn't admit that part) it looks like Jay has to convince Bruce and Danny and if he doesn't maybe Jay finds a way out of this job

E.  Well, maybe he can't convince Bruce and Danny and maybe they want Jay out.

Then you got all the craziness perpetuated by Jay himself.  In different conferences he has said:  the team has been unprepared, tempo is poor, looks like they aren't playing with any fire, alluded to some players being dumb and can't follow basic concepts.   Kirk looks great -- to leaks that they are finished with him.  He has issues with RG3's press conference then he blows it up into twice the story it would have been otherwise, then all week throws more gasoline to the fire.  

And for those who imply having issues with Jay means you are backing Bruce-Danny -- that's silly to me.  This hire had Bruce's stamp all over it. 

I hope and pray that Gruden is gone. Talk about hype. This guy was hired to coach our QBs and win. Our QBs are all wrecked and the Skins look like they don't have an idea how to play football. Gruden is hype. Please fire this guy.

RG3 may not be the answer, but neither is a coach who will trash a player after 4 starts. No long term perspective especially considering what we are going to do for the QB position. Lets get rid of the 2012 NFL ROY for....Colt McCoy. Fire him now.

And this position that no coach will come here. Not true. Money and the dream of being a HC in the NFL will get someone talented here. What is harder than a HC...a Starting QB withRG3s talent

Frankly, the backbiting and "dry snitching" and whatever else seems like it has been much worse under Gruden than any other coach. And the talk of guys screwing around and not paying attention in practice has been around since preseason. While it was Gruden himself who basically wrote off the embarrassing Giants debacle on national TV as a team that 'needed a wake up call'. Mind you, this was a team that had lost 10 of it's previous 11 games that was apparently too full of themselves. 

So, I'm having a hard time seeing anything Gruden has done as having cleaned up the locker room or teaching the players any lessons. 

You can be the sheriff without being a jackass. And being a jackass doesn't mean you're tough.

No it hasn't.  This clown show has been happening since Snyder came here.  I intend to make a thread elaborating on every persons reputation that has been slandered since he bought the team.

Jason Reid seems to be all over the place flailing from one point to another as for spelling out Redskins chaos in the last month, his stories included:

A.  The players are too loose in the locker room and don't take things serious enough -- and that vibe might be perpetuated by Jay himself who as Reid put it likes to have a good time.

B.  Jay's had it with RG3 and has convinced the FO that RG3 needs to go

C.  RG3 is good as gone in the off season, don't buy any other indication or anybody who says otherwise

D.  Well, maybe I was wrong (he didn't admit that part) it looks like Jay has to convince Bruce and Danny and if he doesn't maybe Jay finds a way out of this job

E.  Well, maybe he can't convince Bruce and Danny and maybe they want Jay out.

Not my intent to defend Reid here, but if you just consider all the "he's definitely gone" stuff as "Gurden definitely wants him gone.." then it all follows still. Or even that Gruden thought he had that power and now maybe isn't sure he does.

And for those who imply having issues with Jay means you are backing Bruce-Danny -- that's silly to me.  This hire had Bruce's stamp all over it. 

Yeah, that's not how it works. I have never been a backer of any of the 3 and am not going to choose a faction as being "mine" now.

Funny how half of you guys bashing Gruden now were so hyped and convinced Shanny was the guy who was going to turn the ship around.

Face it, it's impossible to judge a coach who is trying to run this ****ty organization. Cooley is pretty convinced Gruden could be an excellent head coach. RG3 is a terrible QB right now and letting him run another coach out of town would be laughable.

No it hasn't.  This clown show has been happening since Snyder came here.  I intend to make a thread elaborating on every persons reputation that has been slandered since he bought the team.

That clown show has definitely been happening since Snyder came here. And people getting slandered here is hardly new.

But that really isn't what I was talking about.

Isn't he still paying Shanahan and won't he have to pay Gruden for four years by firing him?

If Allen stays, this would be hilarious. Maybe they can bring back Vinny and just give a giant middle finger to the fans and go full on heel.

If they fire Gruden and trot out RG3 and Allen next year and make no front office structure changes, I will make ES happy and leave my fandom until real changes are made.

Some of you might love watching Maury, you are the father.  I am tired of the joke Snyder has turned this team into.  It's embarrassing.  George Allen is rolling over in his grave.

I've said it countless times. If you fire Gruden, you have to fire everyone in the front office. He's had two coaches already.

If you fire Gruden and keep the same FO structure you're spinning your wheels.

If that happens, it's going to be tough for me to pay attention to the Skins. It's backwards thinking and shows why this team is the way that it is.

Having said that, I'll believe it when I see it.

Isn't he still paying Shanahan and won't he have to pay Gruden for four years by firing him?

If Allen stays, this would be hilarious. Maybe they can bring back Vinny and just give a giant middle finger to the fans and go full on heel.

This would be the last year of Shanahan's deal, so they wouldn't be paying him next year. Gruden reportedly had 20 mil guaranteed, so they would have to pay the balance of that.

You remember the coaching search that landed Jim Zorn?  There were qualified OCs and DCs they stayed put rather then take the Redskins job.

I do actually. We hired Zorn before a head coach because we wanted one od the playoff coaches (Spagnola in particular who was in the Super Bowl) and the Skins didn't want to wait that long because of the offseason implications. Gregg Williams looked like the obvious choice but that did not work out (Williams wanted the job). Jim Fassel was next and all over wanting that job. Skins fans were not crazy about him leaving us is an extremely bad spot which really pushed Zorn along. That was not ideal for sure but had nothing to do with coaches not wanting to come here.

That clown show has definitely been happening since Snyder came here. And people getting slandered here is hardly new.

But that really isn't what I was talking about.

Well Gruden is just showing the emperor has no clothes.  He also isn't going out like that.  He isn't an idiot, he knows he is being made the scapegoat and doing what I would do.  Take it straight to the interview and not let the boogieman make him what they tried to make Kyle and Mike.  It's not the media, it's not Gruden, it wasn't Shanny or Kyle, it wasn't Mike Nolan and the vanilla ice cream defense.  It's a continuous personal slandering media onslaught that has to stop.  And you are supporting it by your posts.  I hope Gruden walks and gives this organization the big middle finger.

If they fire Gruden and trot out RG3 and Allen next year and make no front office structure changes, I will make ES happy and leave my fandom until real changes are made.

No way Chip.......you're stuck here with us.......to relish in the glory of Skins coach Jim Harbaugh being the first coach to win three consecutive SBs.

If Dan fired Vinny for allegedly "not stopping him from hiring the incompetent Zorn," how could he NOT fire Bruce if he also dismissed Jay?

I know, consistency would be too much to ask for.

I wish Griffin would find his confidence and stop all the bus throwing of teammates  bc this team and I myself have spent lot of money on this guy and when he has his confidence and healthy the guy is a monster we all saw it 2012 and yes he may not be that everagain but if hes even close to that then he can return us to the playoffs . Im sick of Qb carousel , n Coach change n Rebuilding period . Sucessful franchise keep those things intact for longer then 4yrs and everyone sees the payoff of that . Gruden wasn't my pick I actually wanted Wisenhunt . SO way I see it is they probably will go after Briles and restructure the FO  and the defense will finally have a Better coach I can only hope

Yeah, firing Gruden after one year will totally help Snyders image reform. :-(

Honestly, Snyder's image is a lost cause.  There is nothing he can do to reform it.  It's etched in stone.

I wish Griffin would find his confidence and stop all the bus throwing of teammates  bc this team and I myself have spent lot of money on this guy and when he has his confidence and healthy the guy is a monster we all saw it 2012 and yes he may not be that everagain but if hes even close to that then he can return us to the playoffs . Im sick of Qb carousel , n Coach change n Rebuilding period . Sucessful franchise keep those things intact for longer then 4yrs and everyone sees the payoff of that . Gruden wasn't my pick I actually wanted Wisenhunt . SO way I see it is they probably will go after Briles and restructure the FO  and the defense will finally have a Better coach I can only hope

It's not Robert's fault that the team doesn't know their why.

I'm tired of the dog and pony show. Was so amped because I saw some differences in the franchise this previous offseason. I looked beyond obvious mistakes (not firing whole staff and truly letting Gruden pick his guys. Maybe Haslett winds up back, maybe not, but having him on staff really kind of made that a really easy choice).

It's more of the same. It's frustrating.

Not my intent to defend Reid here, but if you just consider all the "he's definitely gone" stuff as "Gurden definitely wants him gone.." then it all follows still. Or even that Gruden thought he had that power and now maybe isn't sure he does.

Yeah, that's not how it works. I have never been a backer of any of the 3 and am not going to choose a faction as being "mine" now.

Am the same way.   I get those behind Jay from the stand point of he needs more time, I sort of feel that way myself.  But I am far from impressed with Jay this year.   Seems like the main rallying cry for Jay is mostly from those who don't like RG3 who love the idea of a coach who will bash him and walk him out the door and to some now somehow supporting Jay is like being anti-Danny-Bruce.   From those same people I haven't really heard a good argument about what makes Jay so special.  Though again I do get the well lets wait and see argument.  And I also get the argument that the team will look dysfunctional if he's fired so soon -- I got no doubt about that.

But if it goes down this way, in my view it will add not lessen the pressure on the FO.    Bruce Allen in particular would look pretty foolish.  It would get fans even more irate and so on and so forth.  

Archived