Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Report: Snyder, Allen may side with RG3 and fire Gruden

Boss_Hogg

Well Gruden is just showing the emperor has no clothes.  He also isn't going out like that.  He isn't an idiot, he knows he is being made the scapegoat and doing what I would do.  Take it straight to the interview and not let the boogieman make him what they tried to make Kyle and Mike.  It's not the media, it's not Gruden, it wasn't Shanny or Kyle, it wasn't Mike Nolan and the vanilla ice cream defense.  It's a continuous personal slandering media onslaught that has to stop.  And you are supporting it by your posts.  I hope Gruden walks and gives this organization the big middle finger.

I definitely hope he walks.....

I can promise you, trading all those picks for Griffin wasn't all Shanny's idea.

Without a doubt, but that was Shanny's personnel department and decisions at the end of the day.

It's Allens's show now, and if he has or gets a really talented personnel department he can be effective. But to be fair to any GM it takea a few years to really see if he's been effective or not.

Fire two HC coaches in two years? If so - WTF is Snyder seeing IRT RG3 that that rest of the world is not seeing???

Firing Gruden would have nothing to do with RGIII no matter what the media says. This team is awful and getting worse and worse. If he fires Gruden, Allen will go with him and I'm willing to bet we end up with an actual GM. Snyder knows the fans are pissed and they want an real GM so I think he's going to give it to them.

Without a doubt, but that was Shanny's personnel department and decisions at the end of the day.

It's Allens's show now, and if he has or gets a really talented personnel department he can be effective. But to be fair to any GM it takea a few years to really see if he's been effective or not.

He has had a few years in Tampa and Oakland, now in Washington.  He is NOT effective.  Stop living the dream.

This franchise has been hot garbage since Snyder bought the team. I mean, they were struggling just before he bought, but since he has owned the team, it's hot garbage. Mistake after mistake, blunder after blunder, it's a comedy show.

I have my memories of Gibbs 1.0. The Broncos

and Bills Super Bowl victories were amazing, but feel like a life time ago. Since those glory days, it has been nothing but misery short of a season here or there with 2012 being the best since 1991.

When you really think back about every personnel decision that Snyder has made from coaches to free-agent busts, it's mind numbing and nauseating. Now with the potential RG3 bust and dry snitching players that don't seem to care about winning more than collecting a paycheck the circus continues. I wasn't in love with the Gruden hire, hated the fact that Haslett was retained. Hated the switch from the 4-3 when Shanny came to town..still don't understand that philosophy. Take a top 10 def and change it without the correct personnel?? Lots of head scratchers.

It's clear that either Gruden or Robert will be gone next season, either scenario will make us a laughing stock in the league. After almost 20 years of ownership, the fact that Dan Snyder still can't figure out that he needs to hire a true football GM is beyond me. Keep Bruce for his name and his magic with money and numbers, but he is no football GM. Until a true GM is hired, this franchise will go nowhere.

It truly is sad to see where this once great franchise has fallen, and it's going to take many years for it to get better. Multiple free-agent pick ups that produce, multiple drafts that you hit on and the selection of good quality coaches and coordinators. Something this franchise has failed miserably at for a very long time. It looks like we did figure out our punter situation which is a plus I suppose

I agree that the fans that are under 30 years old must have a very hard time staying with this team, I know I'm starting to question it myself. With the constant drama and losing and name change issues..it's difficult to say the least.

I miss my 'Skins of yesteryear, that is for sure

Not sure why this was not understood from the beginning. Griffin was the 2012 Offensive ROY, so the Skins fire the coach that got him there, and they bring in another coach to completely change his style. Cousins also has regressed something awful, so it's obvious the cause is the QB/Coach Jay Gruden. If your starting QB is successful in one style, and you drafted him playing that style, the smart money says keep playing him that way. He can be safe and be dynamic as well, there was no need to make him a pocket QB. 

If Snyder fires Gruden in favor of Griffin than Snyder better sell or move the team,because this team will have no fans or players...Do you honestly think that the current players will play for Griffin knowing that he got Gruden fired?

Maybe, but the other possibility is that Robert might one day play at a high level for another team because he was run out of town by Zorn 2.0.  Let's face it, Robert has only been in the league for 3 years.  As much as the front office sucks,  I can't really blame Snyder and Allen for being very concerned about what's going on and thinking they might have to step in.  It's a jacked up situation.  I don't want a potential good coach to lose his job over a bad QB.  At the same time, I don't want to give up to soon on a QB that had so much promise because a terrible rookie head coach ran him out of town.

Not sure why this was not understood from the beginning. Griffin was the 2012 Offensive ROY, so the Skins fire the coach that got him there, and they bring in another coach to completely change his style. Cousins also has regressed something awful, so it's obvious the cause is the QB/Coach Jay Gruden. If your starting QB is successful in one style, and you drafted him playing that style, the smart money says keep playing him that way. He can be safe and be dynamic as well, there was no need to make him a pocket QB. 

Maybe they tried to change that style because it won't work long term...Griffin homers need to get over 2012,He flat out sucks.

Maybe, but the other possibility is that Robert might one day play at a high level for another team because he was run out of town by Zorn 2.0.  Let's face it, Robert has only been in the league for 3 years.  As much as the front office sucks,  I can't really blame Snyder and Allen for being very concerned about what's going on and thinking they might have to step in.  It's a jacked up situation.  I don't want a potential good coach to lose his job over a bad QB.  At the same time, I don't want to give up to soon on a QB that had so much promise because a terrible rookie head coach ran him out of town.

Griffin can't even get the number of proper drops to take after three years and you think all of a sudden he is gonna get it?

He has had a few years in Tampa and Oakland, now in Washington.  He is NOT effective.  Stop living the dream.

Your going to tell me he's had control of personnel in Washington until this past offseason? That's just plain wrong......you'll probably also tell me during his tenure in Tampa he didn't have multiple division wins either.

I love convenient memories.  I'm not saying he's the all star of the league but I'm all for giving someone a fair chance.

Your going to tell me he's had control of personnel in Washington until this past offseason? That's just plain wrong......you'll probably also tell me during his tenure in Tampa he didn't have multiple division wins either.

I love convenient memories.  I'm not saying he's the all star of the league but I'm all for giving someone a fair chance.

Bruce Allen was a big part of the RG3 decision, it wasn't a Shanny decision.

Bruce Allen is a leper in Tampa it's not convenient memories, they think he is an idiot.  They wouldn't want him back in Oakland either.  You might want to do research instead of posting nonsense.

Sean Taylor bro!

Hail

In MD, the under 30 crowd don't stick around, they all root for the ravens.  It's sad but true.

Oooh scare us.  He might play for chip kelly.  If you really think he will be successful here you are kidding yourself

Nah. Somebody will want this job.

In fact, just a gut feeling but I think the next coach is Cowher.

I'm saying that in part off his comments about Robert.

How he would advise the Skins not to cut bait so quickly etc.

I can almost guarantee you that Cowher will not come to the Washington... he's been laughing at our franchise for years.  Friend of mine in high school had like a joint-family beach vacation each year with the Cowhers and apparently Bill would just openly bash everything about Snyder and the way he runs things.

Then it was pretty much 100% confirmed to me last year when I was covering the IAVA Gala in NYC and I got to interview Bill Cowher, Skip Bayless, Jon Stewart and some other pretty big TV personalities.  

The event was celebrating a Medal of Honor recipient and the questions were all surrounding the Iraq Afghanistan Veteran's Association, but after the serious questions I ended with, "Thanks so much Coach.... So what are the chances you could come out of retirement and bring my Redskins home a trophy?" to which he replied with laughter and a "yeah, right!"

Not to crush anyone's Cowher Dreams here because money definitely talks but it doesn't seem very likely lol

I think it's pretty simple -- Jay Gruden was hired under the promise that he's a QB guru who could develop RGIII. Under his tutelage, both RGIII and Kirk Cousins have regressed massively.

The team has otherwise underachieved at every level. What reason might Snyder / Allen possibly have that he's the man to lead this franchise forward? He's done nothing but fail in his very brief tenure here.

On another note: odds that we hear at least one rumor pertaining to Joe Gibbs returning in some capacity?

Archived