Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Report: Snyder, Allen may side with RG3 and fire Gruden

Boss_Hogg

I'm not totally sold on Robert's long term prospects but with that being said I really don't like Gruden either.

In fact, I think Gruden's an ass.....but that's just me.

We need an ass to coach these pansies, whiners and arrogant show offs who have done nothing in this league yet think they're amazing. Except, guess what? Our owner wants them pampered instead. Because, you know, they are amazing in his eyes. If they're not playing up to that it's "befuddling" and "confusing" for him. And clearly it's the coaches fault. Him and his FO who hired these coaches in the first place just made an innocent mistake, they were tricked!     

Bischotti and Newsome might have made a misstep in the handling of the Ray Rice fiasco but that's the only thing they've done in all the years that they've been in the front office.  I don't even want to begin to count the amount of missteps our ****ed up front office has made.  I'm hosting a damned bonfire tonight and my Griffin throwback is the starter fluid.  

In fact, I think Gruden's an ass.....but that's just me.

No, it's not just you. He's never come across well to me. But the worst of it, if true (and it's hard to imagine it isn't), may have been the report this week of him often "rolling his eyes" at Griffin's "life lessons" on Twitter. If you've ever looked at his page, it's mostly religious style sayings or the same kind of banal sayings that most everyone- from celebs to my 14 year old- tweet. That Gruden would openly mock and show contempt for a player he's supposed to be mentoring over something so innocuous just seems frankly vile.

We need an ass to coach these pansies, whiners and arrogant show offs who have done nothing in this league yet think they're amazing. Except, guess what? Our owner wants them pampered instead. Because, you know, they are amazing in his eyes. If they're not playing up to that it's "befuddling" and "confusing" for him. And clearly it's the coaches fault. Him and his FO who hired these coaches in the first place just made an innocent mistake, they were tricked!     

We need a no-nonsense coach, I agree. But not an ass.

An ass  imo, is taking passive aggressive shots at your QB all season long when you know he can't defend himself.

If you have something to say to someone do it behind closed doors.

If I expect my QB (and other players) to be professional well I'd like my coach to do the same.

I know alot of ESers think Gruden is "the man for telling it like it is".

I don't happen to share that opinion.

No, it's not just you. He's never come across well to me. But the worst of it, if true (and it's hard to imagine it isn't), may have been the report this week of him often "rolling his eyes" at Griffin's "life lessons" on Twitter. If you've ever looked at his page, it's mostly religious style sayings or the same kind of banal sayings that most everyone- from celebs to my 14 year old- tweet. That Gruden would openly mock and show contempt for a player he's supposed to be mentoring over something so innocuous just seems frankly vile.

Yeah. I'm glad you brought that up.

That really turned me off as well.

If Robert (or any player) wants to post religious/inspirational quotes well so what?

There's nothing forcing Gruden to follow Robert....

Yeah, like I said. Sounds like an ass to me.

An ass is imo, is taking passive aggressive shots at your QB all season long when you know he can't defend himself.

If I expect my QB (and other players) to be professional well I'd like my coach to do the same.

A no-nonsense coach around here will always be considered an ass. By virtue of him not taking any crap and doing what he thinks is right, he will be destroyed and hated by the very people who hired him in the first place, knowing who he was.

Sorry, bro, we disagree here. God knows how much was said behind closed doors before the guy flipped. And a coach criticizing his players in public is not the worst thing in the world. There have been successful coaches known to do that. We just have a bunch of sensitive cry-babies in that locker room if it is.   

I will say my biggest issue is that Gruden and his "talk" was largely fine around here until he went after Robert. Then the same crowd who defended Robert no matter what he did made it their agenda to harp on everything Gruden says no matter what. That's what makes it hard for me to find any objectivity in the Gruden-hate going on now, though from the start I wasn't a huge fan of the hire.  

Money talks and Snyder has a lot of it. Someone will come in and take $20 mil. from him. Don't worry about that lol

Exactly even if true (i find hard to believe), there are only 32 of these jobs in the world so saying the right man would rather be an OC or DC making 1mil rather than 4-6mil a year is nonessnse to me.

Like I said, Gruden should resign. He'll get another HC Shot if he does. IF he is ordered to play RG3..THEN PLAY HIM..he'll get hurt. The OL Line won't block, the OC will call a 4 read play every down. 

I can't see RGII/III having this much leverage with Snyder....it was just written that the TAMPA Bay game opened eyes...

I *HOPE* this is more about corralling RG3 or Firing Haz/Rasheem....

Rg3 is annoying and people are tired of him giving advice and not being able to take it.  If he was standing in the middle of Iowa he would be the corniest thing in the state.

If we do fire Gruden then I'd prefer we fire everyone. Do what we should have done and COMPLETELY clean house.

You don't rebuild half assedly.

Yeah I'm in it with this scenario as well.  If Gruden is fired, this ENTIRE organization better be fired as well along with Bruce Allen.  The process should then continue with a competent GM who actually has a track record of young talent, building teams, finding head coaches.

Everyone blames Snyder but he did exactly what fans wanted the last 6 years.  Fire Vinny!  Fires Vinny and hires Bruce.  It's the best ever hire in the Redskins organization in the last 20 years.  Mike Shanahan gets hired.  OMG we are going to the superbowl.  RG3 gets drafted.  Finally Snyder gets it!  Best owner in the NFL bar none.  We make the playoffs.  Our Patriots dynasty has begun.  Everything falls apart and now Snyder needs to sell the team because he hasn't done anything right since coming here?

I sense this article is people throwing crap on the wall and seeing if it sticks.  I hope we retain Jay.  I liked what he did with Andy Dalton just because frankly I think Andy Dalton is just average and Jay made him look like he's going to be in the top 10 category.  He looks below average this year despite squeaking out close games.

I don't think they will fire Gruden unless they have a plan in place, but Snyder and Allen's silence gives the impression they're up to something.   Jim Harbaugh?  Harbaugh was QB coach of the Raiders when Bruce was there so they're familiar with each other.  Harbaugh would likely demand more personnel control though.  

An ass  imo, is taking passive aggressive shots at your QB all season long when you know he can't defend himself.

Frankly, the backbiting and "dry snitching" and whatever else seems like it has been much worse under Gruden than any other coach. And the talk of guys screwing around and not paying attention in practice has been around since preseason. While it was Gruden himself who basically wrote off the embarrassing Giants debacle on national TV as a team that 'needed a wake up call'. Mind you, this was a team that had lost 10 of it's previous 11 games that was apparently too full of themselves. 

So, I'm having a hard time seeing anything Gruden has done as having cleaned up the locker room or teaching the players any lessons. 

You can be the sheriff without being a jackass. And being a jackass doesn't mean you're tough.

Yeah I'm in it with this scenario as well.  If Gruden is fired, this ENTIRE organization better be fired as well along with Bruce Allen.  The process should then continue with a competent GM who actually has a track record of young talent, building teams, finding head coaches.

Dan Snyder really has to do this if he has any hope of turning this around.

Fire every single person in the org short of the players and let the new GM figure it out.

This team is worse then an expansion team right now 

Exactly even if true (i find hard to believe), there are only 32 of these jobs in the world so saying the right man would rather be an OC or DC making 1mil rather than 4-6mil a year is nonessnse to me

You remember the coaching search that landed Jim Zorn?  There were qualified OCs and DCs they stayed put rather then take the Redskins job.

Fire every single person in the org short of the players and let the new GM figure it out.

The need for a good personnel guy to run things seems like ti should be so self-evident that I find it kind of boring to even talk about.

But with the level of leaks and nonsense from the Front Office,  if I were hired as GM (as I think we can all agree I should be) then I almost think everyone in the administrations hold be cleaned out, from scouts and pencil pushers to interns and secretaries (except the hot ones, of course).

Maybe he should do what Jimmy Haslam did in Cleveland.  Fired the HC after 1 year and then canned Joe Banner and Mike Lombardi.  Promoted Ray Farmer to GM and they hired Mike Pettine.  Haslam took a lot of heat in media, but looks like he made the right move.  

The need for a good personnel guy to run things seems like ti should be so self-evident that I find it kind of boring to even talk about.

But with the level of leaks and nonsense from the Front Office,  if I were hired as GM (as I think we can all agree I should be) then I almost think everyone in the administrations hold be cleaned out, from scouts and pencil pushers to interns and secretaries (except the hot ones, of course).

That is exactly what I would do if I was Dan. Every single person that works in that building would have to go, including taking Dr. Andrews off contract. It needs to be that kind of purge

I would trade everyone I possibly could and fill the roster with undrafted FA's if need be. Every person who works tickets/sales/marketing/PR/janitors/parking lots/contracts/whatever would need to be gone immediately. 

Archived