Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FS: Washington Redskins Unlikely To Extend Robert Griffin III

brandymac27

The locker room torn report seems to be true and Desean Jackson stood up in a meeting in support of RGIII and RGIII just favorited the tweet. lol

RGIII is gone man he's NEVER coming back to this joke of a franchise I don't even blame him for it. 

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/11/9/7181483/desean-jackson-rg3-colt-mccoy-washington-locker-room

you know your trolling posts are getting quite tiresome

RGIII is gone man he's NEVER coming back to this joke of a franchise I don't even blame him for it.

]

I usually don't respond to stuff like this but I think calling us a joke and some of the other negative comments are just getting out of hand. What I don't understand is if you don't like this organization why spend time posting on a message board where people who do love this organization post? It seems very illogical unless you are purposefully trying to start trouble. I understand being frustrated with the Redskins, I think we can all relate, but being obnoxious just to be obnoxious seems a bit immature. Have yourself a wonderful day.

The locker room torn report seems to be true and Desean Jackson stood up in a meeting in support of RGIII and RGIII just favorited the tweet. lol

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/11/9/7181483/desean-jackson-rg3-colt-mccoy-washington-locker-room

You must have missed the part where DJax said Cousins threw the best ball out of all 3 of them...

Let me ask you a serious question? If you were RGIII would you want to be a washington redskin? You could simply swallow your pride sign on to another franchise for a cheap deal stay healthy prove your worth and get a huge deal.

Well if I played in the NFL I wouldn't ever sign with the Redskins.

That said, you are fooling yourself if you think he could get a HUGE deal somewhere.  Some team might take a chance on him, he is injury prone which is his biggest thing driving down his value.  The Redskins would pay him WAY above what anyone else would.

And for whoever posted they would take less to get out of the media bs here in Washington.  In my opinion, RG3 is partially to blame for that.  I know all the people that can't look objectively at the situation will adamantly deny that.

I think this organization continues to have something very seriously wrong with it.   I'm at the point in my 25 years of being a fan where I think I've had enough.   I can now see we will never be a legit franchise as long as it's being owned by Dan Snyder (who I'm thinking is not really a fan of the Redskins or even the NFL, he just wants money).  There is something seriously wrong with that man and the way this organization operates.  They are not professional,  borderline ghetto in my opinion.

Anyway, I'm at the lowest point in my 25 years being a fan,  and I just dont see how this can be turned around with the current leadership of this franchise.   I like Jay Gruden and I think he would be successful in an organization that is run properly and professionally.  Right now, we can't say we are either of those things.  If anyone else can convince me otherwise that this is not the case,  then please state it.  RGIII will probably go to another team and become the player we always thought he was when we drafted him (hell even back to 2012 season form).   He will probably not have anymore injuries on another team,  solidifying the probable fact that this organization is cursed.   As of right now,  I just feel deflated as a fan.

I think this organization continues to have something very seriously wrong with it.   I'm at the point in my 25 years of being a fan where I think I've had enough.   I can now see we will never be a legit franchise as long as it's being owned by Dan Snyder (who I'm thinking is not really a fan of the Redskins or even the NFL, he just wants money).  There is something seriously wrong with that man and the way this organization operates.  They are not professional,  borderline ghetto in my opinion.  I dont know if being in PG county in MD has something to do with that....

Anyway, I'm at the lowest point in my 25 years being a fan,  and I just dont see how this can be turned around with the current leadership of this franchise.   I like Jay Gruden and I think he would be successful in an organization that is run properly and professionally.  Right now, we can't say we are either of those things.  If anyone else can convince me otherwise that this is not the case,  then please state it.  RGIII will probably go to another team and become the player we always thought he was when we drafted him (hell even back to 2012 season form).   He will probably not have anymore injuries on another team,  solidifying the probable fact that this organization is cursed.   As of right now,  I just feel deflated as a fan.

The bold out portion of your post was not necessary!  As a citizen of this county an apology from you is warranted!

HTTR!

Well Keim should've clarified wth he was talking about, especially knowing the crap this team and Robert have been through regarding the media circus.

And frankly, if DJax has to stand up and make a statement in defense of Robert, that tells me that maybe the media isn't completely at fault for the circus. What i don't get is how anyone, including other players, think that Kirk would give us a better chance to win. We sucked when he was playing, so it can't be an issue where they honestly think they have a better chance to win. Something else is going on behind closed doors.

You certainly have a point about the other options at QB here. Based on what we saw vs. Minnesota, this team's best option at QB is RGIII. 

However, why do we seem so quick to blast the other players on the team just because they don't adore Griffin? Maybe they think we can do better with someone else (on or off the roster). Right or wrong, they are allowed to have that opinion and don't have to worship Griffin like some fans do. Clearly, we all want Griffin to become the franchise QB we traded for...that's the path of least resistance for this team to become credible. 

If he doesn't continue to improve though...why should we expect his teammates to want him to be given another contract or handed the starting job? Everyone else has to fight for their jobs each week. I realize QB is a bit different, but until Griffin starts playing like its 2012 again, nothing should be guaranteed. I personally don't believe the job should be handed to him until he strings together a couple/three seasons of good play. That's when you have to settle in and make a commitment. 

Things are going to get very interested now that Gruden is in charge if Griffin doesn't improve. He should absolutely be given the rest of this year and inside track next year. But if he's not a top-10 QB by the end of 2015, I'll probably be happy to move on. 

The rest of the season will tell what direction they will go next year.  RGIII will either demonstrate he can stay healthy and read NFL defenses or he will not.  He can already do everything else that is asked of him, but it doesn't matter if he can't stay healthy or consistently read NFL defenses.

I can even see them going after a new QB (draft or otherwise) if he falters.  Colt is not the long term answer and KC currently makes too many mistakes.

And, I say that not based on this article because Keim is right that the team will not even think about contracts until the season is over and they have sat down and looked at all their options, and a couple of months have passed.

The bold out portion of your post was not necessary!  As a citizen of this county an apology from you is warranted!

HTTR!

I should not have said that your right.   I'm expressing my pure frustration over what is happening with my team,  my apologies for anyone who may reside in PG County and loves our Skins.  

I think this organization continues to have something very seriously wrong with it.   I'm at the point in my 25 years of being a fan where I think I've had enough.   I can now see we will never be a legit franchise as long as it's being owned by Dan Snyder (who I'm thinking is not really a fan of the Redskins or even the NFL, he just wants money).  There is something seriously wrong with that man and the way this organization operates.  They are not professional,  borderline ghetto in my opinion.  I dont know if being in PG county in MD has something to do with that....

ummmm nice generalization there bud 

I usually don't respond to stuff like this but I think calling us a joke and some of the other negative comments are just getting out of hand. What I don't understand is if you don't like this organization why spend time posting on a message board where people who do love this organization post? It seems very illogical unless you are purposefully trying to start trouble. I understand being frustrated with the Redskins, I think we can all relate, but being obnoxious just to be obnoxious seems a bit immature. Have yourself a wonderful day.

Are you kidding me i've been on this board for quite some time and other posters have called us a joke but the minute I do it it's a problem? the selective outrage is rather hilarious

you know your trolling posts are getting quite tiresome

How am I trolling? half of the team hates him because of the attention he gets. The DC media has destroyed him more than I've ever seen them destroy a player. His first head coach (which he idolized) and offensive coordinator hated him. His own fan base(albeit a small one) trolls him on twitter every chance they get. Half the fan base wants either colt or kirk starting and through all of this he's done nothing but stay positive.

So i'm trolling for saying he's leaving this joke of a franchise? others have called this franchise a joke. Lets not kid ourselves our franchise is a joke doesn't mean I'm not a fan of the team. I'm just sick of being last place or next to last in the NFCeast almost every single year for the past 20 years. 

I'm frustrated I've been doing this for 17 years, excuse me for being pissed off with false hopes while my friends laugh at me year in and year out because I continue to say "we got (insert player) we're gonna be good this year".

Ok, so first verifying the facts:  The Redskins must decide before the start of next year if they want to pick up the 5th year option - It's not an extension. It's an option. If they don;t pick it up, his contract turns into all other 4 yr rookies contracts. The idea was to allow teals a  5th yr without having to give the bid payday for those 1st rd'ers.

Now the conjecture: Kiem knows this. So why print this now? Why print it at all? It's a mute point! But he knows he can stir some crap because most people don't know the rules. Just look at the discussion he stirred on this site,  one that should be a fairly safe haven for Skins fans. People arguing about what this "message" means. Who likes who. Who supports who.

Just to be clear, this is much ado about nothing. In May we have a decision to make. Until then, any speculation is a complete waste of time, by the media or anyone else. They are taking the rest of the year to evaluate. Let's wait till May before we start getting too excited one way or another. I am sure there will be plenty of opportunity to drag RGIII, Jay Gruden and the rest of the team through the mud then.

Boy, people love to fall into stirred up muck.

There is no reason or sense to extend RGIII now.  He played well in his start, but is coming off an injury.  He's also just in his third year with two more to go on the rookie contract.  I doubt Griffin's camp is calling for an extension right now. Besides, not getting the deal they would want it is premature.

The kid needs to prove himself.  Unfortunately, in this case that means health more than play.  I think his play will and mostly is pretty good.  What we don't know is if he can survive in this league and you can't lock a guy in for seven years and tens of millions of dollars without confidence.  You better bet there are some second guessing signing Tony Romo to that enormous salary now that he has had another back incursion despite the team's early success.

As a fan I'm so disappointed. Exactly which stud in our locker room has issues? The team is 3-6. Who has stood out as a leader on this team? Right now there's not a player on our team that has room to talk. Further more I'd like to see Gruden shut his mouth and coach. Take over this team as a leader. Establish who is in charge and end these leaks. Step up and make his coaching staff accountable. (DC specifically) I don't to care to hear his selective praise post game. He couldn't be that serious if Haz continues to call these scared defenses. Actions speak louder than words. RGIII is the best option on this team. Question is can he coach to the team's strengths or is he rigid in his ideology and offense.

Are you kidding me i've been on this board for quite some time and other posters have called us a joke but the minute I do it it's a problem? the selective outrage is rather hilarious

I don't want to argue about selective outrage. I just want to point out a few things so hopefully you can see where I'm coming from. If you just look through this thread alone you act, and have made statements alluding to, like you are enjoying all this negativity. When you go out of your way to mock and laugh at things, then it's becomes something diffrent than say a frustrated fan calling something a joke. Like I said just look at what you have said in this thread alone and all the negativity and I thought it was a little excessive. It's one thing to complain it's another to enjoy the teams problems.

Archived