Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FS: Washington Redskins Unlikely To Extend Robert Griffin III

brandymac27

More RGIII idiocy:

He hasn't been great--but he, and Kalil, are far better than complete busts like Richardson, Claiborne, and Blackmon. Matt Miller also writes for Bleacher Report...

The pick alone is fine since everyone and their mom would have spent the #2 pick on Griffin that year. The 4-for-1 trade is what makes that selection fit right in with other busts. This would be a more complete team with Tannehill + 2 additional first rounders + 1 additional second rounder.  

The pick alone is fine since everyone and their mom would have spent the #2 pick on Griffin that year. The 4-for-1 trade is what makes that selection fit right in with other busts. This would be a more complete team with Tannehill + 2 additional first rounders + 1 additional second rounder.  

That's assuming we don't blow those additional picks..

I still would take Griffin over Tannehill + a few other players. Tannehill is not good throwing deep, Griffin is, Tannehill is also playing behind a very good O-line, Griffin is not. I still think Griffin can be a special player

comment deleted after consulting Dolphins fan roommate lol

Does this mean I'm right?? ;)

I can't believe I read the whole thing.

What an awful thread. Let's win a damn football game on Sunday.

You know, I head Brian McNally defending the press on the Junkies the other morning. His point was that every team deals with this. Every team deals with negative media, especially in large markets. I thought--bull****. No team deals with this much scrutiny and just, well, bull****. Yes--the Redskins clown show organization is largely responsible. But that does not excuse people like Britt McHenry and Adam Schefter--let alone Jason Reid, UnWise Mike, Sally Jenkins, and other WaPo writers--from going off on stories half-****ed, based on what people "think" or misinterpreted assumptions.

That's assuming we don't blow those additional picks..

I still would take Griffin over Tannehill + a few other players. Tannehill is not good throwing deep, Griffin is, Tannehill is also playing behind a very good O-line, Griffin is not. I still think Griffin can be a special player

I don't disagree that Griffin has more upside. But I'm wondering how much better our OL might be if we had added 3 additional starters. Even we tend to do a good job drafting early in the draft. 

I don't disagree that Griffin has more upside. But I'm wondering how much better our OL might be if we had added 3 additional starters. Even we tend to do a good job drafting early in the draft. 

It's all debatable--which is the point of this board, isn't it?

I think it's safe to say though, that we would NOT be winning with Tannehill--even with those extra picks--considering Haslett is our DC. Add to that, who knows how the Shanny fiasco would have worked out. We would, however, be screaming about him being "Captain Checkdown" or "Jason Campbell 2.0!" or what have you. His YPA is in the less than Alex Smith, Kyle Orton, Jake Locker, and Andy Dalton. It screams game manager.

Griffin's YPA is in the area of Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, Tony Romo, and Andrew Luck. Not saying he is as good as those QBs but he is a much better playmaker than Tannehill. Worth the extra picks? That remains to be seen...

It's all debatable--which is the point of this board, isn't it?

I think it's safe to say though, that we would NOT be winning with Tannehill--even with those extra picks--considering Haslett is our DC. Add to that, who knows how the Shanny fiasco would have worked out. We would, however, be screaming about him being "Captain Checkdown" or "Jason Campbell 2.0!" or what have you. His YPA is in the less than Alex Smith, Kyle Orton, Jake Locker, and Andy Dalton. It screams game manager.

Griffin's YPA is in the area of Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, Tony romoSUCKS, and Andrew Luck. Not saying he is as good as those QBs but he is a much better playmaker than Tannehill. Worth the extra picks? That remains to be seen...

Good post...and I agree that it's all up for debate. 

One quality that I think is very important for a large-investment QB is availability. The edge there goes to RT over RG. 

Good post...and I agree that it's all up for debate.

One quality that I think is very important for a large-investment QB is availability. The edge there goes to RT over RG.

That's true. Injuries are one of those things that you can't predict. Look at someone like Matt Stafford. Couldn't stay healthy for his 1st 3 years, and now he's always starting. Sam Bradford is the total opposite. He farts and he's on IR.

The type of player Tannehill is, hes easily replaced.

So they made this decision a week after he got healthy? :lol:

John Keim. What a reliable source.

Guess what, with a good performance again today the Redskins are likely to extend RG3. With a bad performance they're not likely to extend him. If by the end of the year he finishes the season with a bunch of good games and maybe a couple not so good ones, they'll likely extend him. It's common sense. You don't need some C-Class beat writer to make up stories like that to give this logic some validity. We knew this before. Just because some bozo decided to give his own meaningless take on it that doesn't mean our FO is currently discussing it or something is going on. It's a work in progress, as with any other player that isn't signed long term yet.

Move on...

1st. Be careful they're gonna call you a troll like they did me for pointing out the obvious about this clown franchise.

2nd. What if they don't fire Haz? Something tells me we're gonna hear the same "Hazlett needs more time to unleash the defense" from our front office this offseason. lol 

I am afraid you may be right. Gruden and Hazmat are close, this can't help.  If they put up a good defensive effort or 2 near the end of the season that may be all it takes. 

So they made this decision a week after he got healthy? :lol:

John Keim. What a reliable source

John Keim is a reliable source, hes one of the more objective and level-headed reporters. He's already said this was taken out of context and distanced himself from this report.

Well it's Matt Miller, dude is a ****ing clown. His draft rankings and player rankings are an embarrassment. I skip over any article or anything anyone retweets of him. He's awful.

And the Redskins thank you for Desean Jackson.

***"The Redskins would also like to thank 'the Fecals' for one:

CHRISTIAN ADOLPH 'SONNY' JURGENSEN...

'Nuff-Ced."*** ;-)

Archived