Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FS: Washington Redskins Unlikely To Extend Robert Griffin III

brandymac27

I just don't understand what the players think they're accomplishing by running their mouths? No matter what they say it's going to be an issue. Just take the Belichick approach

Carson Palmer just got $50 mil. If RGIII were to hit the open market he's going to get paid.

Carson Palmer is 5-0 this season.  You just don't get it.  Teams don't pay QB's with losing records big dollars.

He got paid from his current team, which is what Chipwich was implying I think. He's not gonna get a better deal than what the Skins would offer

Exactly.  Your team values you more than another team.

By the way, Carson Palmer is top 10 in the league in win loss records of active QB's.

Man this team is a mess. Rob probably won't want to come back anyway.

I wonder what next Sundays leaked report is going to be.

What an absolute fail of a franchise.

Something regarding Jameis Winston, it would be the match  made in heaven and ensure that the team stays in the spotlight 

Do you know when they have to pick up the 5th year option? I can't remember if the have to pick up the option before or after the 4th year.

Though, for some reason, I think they have to pick up the option for year 5 this off season, even though he's going into year 4.

And unless he completely poops the bed, they'll do that. If they don't pick up the option, the. He'd play next year and become an UFA at the end of 2015, if I'm not mistaken.

I believe it's by May 3 of their 4th year, I remember there were talks of a 5th year option for Aldon Smith, and he was 2011.

Similarly, didn't we pick up Kerrigan's already?  I thought we did.

I imagine they make teams do it early to compensate the player for not getting the larger franchise tag or a bigger contract.  Less money, more security earlier.

So we'd have to option RGIII by May 3 next year.

Alternatively, we could extend him via contract, or let him play it out, and then new contract or franchise tag him.

Why would they rejoice.  He wont get more money anywhere else than he would as a Redskins.  Not a team in the league dieing to pick him up and pay him.

I 'd take a pay cut to not have to deal with the media bullsh!t this team has to put up with all the time. And you actually have players on this team that are jealous of the QB for having a good relationship with the owner. WOW! I have seen and heard it all. 

Carson Palmer is 5-0 this season.  You just don't get it.  Teams don't pay QB's with losing records big dollars.

That's...sorta true.

They get paid to produce good numbers and give the team a chance to win.  If Green Bay suddenly lost 16 straight because their defense was historically terrible, they'd still dish out mad money for Rodgers, because he's Aaron freakin' Rodgers.

Griffin, while not Rodgers good, isn't bad; if he puts up 26 points a game on average between now and the end of 2015, we'd be dumb not to contract him.  26 points a game is really good.

Matt Stafford got a big deal despite having only 1 winning/playoff season so far.

Well Keim just denied saying this

@john_keim: Some site wrote I said skins were unlikely to extend rg now. 2 things: have only said they need to decide. 2) deadline is may. No need now

This tells you everything you need to know about the sports media and this team. Quit taking their fake stories for gospel; they don't know sh!t about this teams future plan.  How do you take another sportswriter's quote and completely state it as a fact as if it was coming from the organization?

John Keim @john_keim 38m38 minutes ago

Some site wrote I said skins were unlikely to extend rg now. 2 things: have only said they need to decide. 2) deadline is may. No need now

John Keim @john_keim 33m33 minutes ago

And all I'm referring to is the fifth year option. If he plays well, it's a no brainer. If gets hurt again, caution. Again: may. Cripes.

this gives a bit of perspective to the above article. 

Why don't we just wait to see how Griffin develops over the rest of the season?

Anyone worrying about media reports, hints, tweets, rumors, etc. on Griffin's current and future situation is a bit like agonizing over the fates of certain characters in a soap opera. (And frankly, I suspect the scripts haven't been finalized in either case.)

Cuz you post the dumbest ****. Every one of your posts are in defense of RG3. You're clearly smitten with RG3 and are butt hurt that **** isn't going right. That's not the issue. The issue is when you post dumb **** like I hope he goes to Dallas and dominates. That's ****ing asinine 

If you're actually a fan of the team, your posts would reflect that 

Again like I said you're obsessed with me. Instead of ignoring my posts you have to respond because you're obsessed. I'm just counting down the days until RGIII is in another teams jersey, I can't wait to taste your tears when he dominates in a stable organization. lol

Leave it to the redskins to blow this one, we've been doing it for 20 years, I might be able to enjoy this soap opera though. 

I enjoy making you dance and respond to all my posts lol

From the article:

"Now there are question marks surrounding whether or not the Redskins are planning to extend his contract anytime soon, and it doesn’t appear that they are ready to commit to him long-term.

According to John Keim of ESPN.com, it doesn’t look like the Redskins will be extending Griffin’s contract this year."

Um...even Andrew Luck isn't being extended this year. It's only their 3rd year in the league. You'd have to be completely insane to give any of the QBs drafted in 2012 an extension in 2014!! lol...Has little to do with needing to see productivity/availability/etc first. It's simply because there is no need to extend them so soon. This is an article written about a year too early, at best.

Why would they rejoice.  He wont get more money anywhere else than he would as a Redskins.  Not a team in the league dieing to pick him up and pay him.

Let me ask you a serious question? If you were RGIII would you want to be a washington redskin? You could simply swallow your pride sign on to another franchise for a cheap deal stay healthy prove your worth and get a huge deal.

Rams (No QB)

Bills (No QB)

Titans (No QB)

Cowboys (romoSUCKS is 34)

Eagles (RGIII could be chips Mariota, not sold on foles)

Jets (No QB)

Texans (No QB)

Raiders (No QB but worst situation than Redskins doubt he would do it to himself lol)

Vikings (No QB, solid D, AD back)

Buccaneers (No QB)

Would all love to have him. Could you imagine RGIII in that wide open offense the eagles run?With mccoy and Sproles in the backfield sheeeeesh 

We offer more money but would the money be worth the headache? Playing QB behind Chester, Lauvao, Polumbus and sometimes Compton?

I just punched a wall i'm so effing pissed right now. Not necessarily at the decision, but because WE CAN'T BLOODY AVOID MASSIVE DRAMA ON OUR EFFING BYE WEEK!!!

Edit: saw recent updates. Seems like a non story, except that in our world...this will get blown well out of proportion.

I stick to the above part though...just can't seem to stay out of the garbage heap.

I just punched a wall i'm so effing pissed right now. Not necessarily at the decision, but because WE CAN'T BLOODY AVOID MASSIVE DRAMA ON OUR EFFING BYE WEEK!!!

Sounds to me like the staff is hard up for a fresh start....so we're gonna waste another early 1st on a QB then?

punched a wall over something that you cant control...? seriously?

Sounds to me like the staff is hard up for a fresh start....so we're gonna waste another early 1st on a QB then?

Yup we'll draft another QB and in 3 years we'll be back at this same point with some fans saying "give him more time we need lineman" other fans saying "we need to draft another QB" other fans saying "why did we ruin RGIII" like fans said about Campbell and Ramsey and then other fans will be screaming whoever the back up QB is on our roster at that time "Is our guy give him a chance"

Same old Washington Redskins football we can't seem to stop loving. lol 

Well Keim should've clarified wth he was talking about, especially knowing the crap this team and Robert have been through regarding the media circus.

And frankly, if DJax has to stand up and make a statement in defense of Robert, that tells me that maybe the media isn't completely at fault for the circus. What i don't get is how anyone, including other players, think that Kirk would give us a better chance to win. We sucked when he was playing, so it can't be an issue where they honestly think they have a better chance to win. Something else is going on behind closed doors.

Archived