Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

There is a darkness hanging over the Redskins

Jimmmbobb

2009 and the "turn in your fan card" era was all about outrage. In particular with the long leash Vinny has.

What the hell do we do now?

Target his bottom line.  Start a movement among fans that encourages Redskins fans to not spend money on this team before the team wins 9 games.  Call it "Nine or Nein". 

This is the first season I feel absolutely nothing...I expect to lose from the opening kickoff and even if we flash, I know it's inevitable. Even through the depths of 3-13 I got mad, now I just don't care. I haven't voluntarily missed a game in 15 years, this might be the first season that happens. Didn't think it was possible.

Said the same thing today. My cynicism couldn't be higher.

What did you guys expect? To the people that thought this year would be different:lol.

Bruce Allen knew he was going to hire gruden right away because gruden is his friend. He Also knew gruden owed haslett a job so Allen kept those coaches. DUH.

Our teams a joke. Funny part is Kirk is a good qb. Throws for a ton of yards n tds but has issues with picks which is fixable. Honestly our defense is so bad id trade rg for picks and rebuild next year with a new dc.

We lost whenever gruden was hired because of his last name.

I WISH I could pick another team. I'm not from doc, never lived in do. But I have been a die hard since I was 5. But tonight was the first night where I truly sat there and thought if it was possible to pick another team. Unfortunately I have a redskins tattoo so it's impossible. But I'm so mad about this team it's not even funny.

We the people need to start picketing for a new dc or hc etc we have to let our voice be heard cause this 2-14 crap is gonna get old

I love how we're now rationalizing that the "nickname" is casting a dark cloud and is cause for this crappy franchise. The name sucks, in creativity only IMO, but it is definitely not why we stink. The reason is obvious, his name is Mr. Snyder and we are stuck with him. Yayyy.

A once in a lifetime type of safety named Sean Taylor gets drafted, the team shows promise, Sean Taylor gets murdered, team goes into a nose dive doesn't recover until 2012 when a once in a lifetime type of QB named Robert Griffin III gets drafted, team shows promise, RG III tears his ACL for the 2nd time in a playoff game, teams goes into a nose dive.  What other franchise has had to deal with this stuff?

A tired, angry, apathetic, fan base is a great excuse for an owner to move the franchise to LA and one that a certain owner might use to pull a Bob Irsay.  Hey if you sue an old lady over season tickets, or illegally cut down trees - anything's possible. And like Irsay this little big man would move it in the middle of the night!

Snyder is a local and a lifelong Skins fan.  Do you have any evidence he'd like to move the team?

I will NEVER EVER EVER give up on my team,

reading your post, what does giving up look like to you?

I'd hold their game checks. 

Give every damn player a contract with stipulations that include joking. laughing when you're being blown out, poor execution,  and double it for the coaching staff, being they're not going to be punished for their ineptness.

Someone said we're the new Bungles; no, we're the new Buccaneers, Jaguars, raiders, all rolled up into one big fat joint that Snyder MUST be smoking, because if it were my team, I'd be so far up everyone's ass they could taste my spit.

Now I'm gonna go watch some old games of Redskins' past, when they were a team to reckon with; you know, the ones without the fugly yellow pants!

Maybe i'll wake up tomorrow and hear that Haslett has been fired, and Snyder is at Redskins park with a bull whip and a bottle of gin.

I am done watching the skins until RG3 comes back. I am not expecting him to turn the whole team around, but maybe he can spark the offense and give them some sort of identity. As of now the offensive commitment to not run Morris 20+ times a game is absurd.

The team has cancer. The worst kind of cancer: they have accepted that they are losers, and a lot of the fans have diagnosed it as a terminal.

I think it's a good way to put it. Not fun in the least. Just a complete waste of time

Good job Dan, you've completely driven the franchise into the ground. Taken you 15 years but you pulled it off. Congratulations

The funny thing is that many of us saw this coming a long, long time ago. Back in his first full offseason prior to the 2000 season. I know I did, in a different platform, I used to talk about the death of this franchise back in 1999-2000.

The Redskins are pretty much like all the other businesses he's owned SINCE his first successful one. People might not totally know snyders business failures since his first one. He was so bad with six flags, he got kicked off the board of directors.

The Redskins are simply another failure to execute business of his....like many.

The funny thing is that many of us saw this coming a long, long time ago. Back in his first full offseason prior to the 2000 season. I know I did, in a different platform, I used to talk about the death of this franchise back in 1999-2000.

The Redskins are pretty much like all the other businesses he's owned SINCE his first successful one. People might not totally know snyders business failures since his first one. He was so bad with six flags, he got kicked off the board of directors.

The Redskins are simply another failure to execute business of his....like many.

He has shown to have a COMPLETE AND TOTAL inability to build successful business hierarchies with competent people

He takes yes men, brown noses, and ex jocks, and builds the organization around them. What a loser

A huge part of the darkness is failing to address the offensive line and when we do not taking it seriously. You cannot address the line with mid to late round picks and hope they pan out. It's a huge part of us losing and everything snowballs from there. A good to great offense can cover for an average defense. We saw that in 2012. Instead we don't take it seriously, we continue to lose and things just get worse and worse.

This team has drained every last drop of my passion & love for football and I hate them for it!!!!Football should be fun at least sometimes,watching this team is like punishment...just depressing.We all knew Fitz would have his coming out game & Palmer would carve us up.....just lost right now as a fan

These aren't the real Redskins.  They are the Snyderskins. 

Whatever happened to those sweet, sweet rumors of Ronnie Mervis making a move to buy the team?

I'm a native son of the District, and growing up during the 1970s and 1980s, it never even occurred to me that this team could look this bad. I know it did for decades prior to Lombardi and Allen, sure, but it seemed like we were a perennial. And so after Gibbs retired the first time and after the Petitbon sword-falling, Norval wasn't exactly inspirational but there were some glimmers of hopes in those two near-miss years. Then 1999 showed real possibility. You never had that rock-solid sense of "we're gonna do it" that we had with Gibbs teams, but there was legitimate (if regularly frustrating) hope.

Maybe the Norv experiment should've ended, sure. Maybe my sense that the post-Gibbs years were a hurdle soon to be cleared is a false one. But we all know how inept (to put it mildly) things have been. Nothing that my fellow fans haven't said on the boards a billion times, but I felt like venting. We are the Jags, the Raiders, the Browns now. Thanks, Dan.

I could give a crap that he's a local and genuinely loves the team. I see no reason to doubt his sincerity, but he's not just bad at the job, he's damaged our team, our reputation, our pride, and our city. I'm never giving up either, and I root and hope every blessed week. But if he really loved the franchise and the fanbase, he'd sell the team. Because there is no constant other than him in this decade and a half of (mostly) ineptitude. (As a 60-something friend of mine wisely put it, Joe Gibbs deserves to go into the HOF for a second time for getting to the playoffs twice under Snyder.)

He has shown to have a COMPLETE AND TOTAL inability to build successful business hierarchies with competent people

He takes yes men, brown noses, and ex jocks, and builds the organization around them. What a loser

My favorite part of this is Snyder Communications, yet we always have problems with our headsets. What a sad sad joke that is and says it all.

Agreed. And it angers me to no end when those that defend him will say "we'll, he did what the fans wanted. He dumped vinny cerrato , hired somebody else and has stayed out of the way"

Are you kidding me??? He should have NEVER hire cerrato in the first place! I knew Cerrato was garbage long before he ever showed up in dc. That's snyders main job as NFL owner, hire the right GM. And then he he HiRes him. sECOND TIMe!!! And then he keeps him around a second time for eIGHT years!!! Snyder, not the organization, is trash. The organization has become trash because of Snyder.

Archived