Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

There is a darkness hanging over the Redskins

Jimmmbobb

We are last or second to last in our division every year. We make the same dumb mistakes week after week and year after year. It's not fun anymore, I don't even get mad about losing. I just dont care anymore. So yeah, thanks skins, I think I may have lost my passion for this team. F'ing over being the butt of friends jokes.

Kirk sucks at football

Orakpo also sucks at football

These kind of responses in a thread like this,....holy F.  You're an idiot.

The problems with this team go so deep.  It's happened over a period of many, many years,....

I see no leadership.  I see very little discipline.  I see a lack of confidence.  I see a very bad team.

This team is infected by a losing culture and I'm not sure when or how (at least this season) it's going to get fixed.

I'm sure i'll get crucified for saying this, but I honestly see nothing wrong with a name change.   I mean seriously, I get that the context the team and the organization is using it in isn't meant to be offensive, but you can't just IGNORE its history.  It really doesn't matter how many people are or aren't offended. Though it does piss me off that some politicians are demanding they change the name, but still think using a native american as a mascot, or changing the name to the "warriors" or something is ok. It's clearly about politics-and they don't even get what the controversy is even over.  So, I understand the resistance to a change.  Maybe a name change(to something that doesn't involve a native american-yet still preserves the franchise's history) isn't a bad thing?  It might be wishful thinking but hey...they need something to shock them into a culture change...and a name change is more likely than Dan selling it. 

I honestly just laugh now whenever something bad happens in a game.  It's the "yea, we suck" laugh.

The pick-six to no one made me laugh, I'll admit to that.

All we needed was name change discussion to take this thread over the edge. Good to see.

This is the first season I feel absolutely nothing...I expect to lose from the opening kickoff and even if we flash, I know it's inevitable. Even through the depths of 3-13 I got mad, now I just don't care. I haven't voluntarily missed a game in 15 years, this might be the first season that happens. Didn't think it was possible.

I think it is political correctness gone crazy in that the team has this social disease because of its name...and it is affecting everything....including the players...that is what I see...

This is NOT the place for the name change crap, no matter how miserable you are right now.

Take it to the tailgate thread.

I am also done with football. When a replay clearly shows a knee down but they don't reverse a call why watch. When Cousins throws one of the worse INTS EVER you say WFT? I am done with Cousins. I was a huge supporter but no more, he is trash. This team is cursed, no way to deny it and I don't even believe in such bull****.

It isn't the name...it is the irritating, deflecting attack and it used to not matter but now it does because the cacophony of negative sounds are bothersome because they are so much more apparent...and it has been going on for a very long time...DC is the seat of government....the Wizards(les bullet) seem to be finally escaping...somehow....therein may lie the path to success again...

3-13 last season, rookie coach, injured starting QB......me thinks expectations were a bit high.

I'm just trying to picture what Norv year this reminds me of, where you grugdingly watched the games but just knew they would lose. 

But hopefully Jay turns into better than what we had with Norv and we get past being merely mediocre at some point.

And I do think we somehow are able to scrape together 7 wins on the season before 2014 is out.  Not the playoffs, but I wasn't expecting them.

I'm sure i'll get crucified for saying this, but I honestly see nothing wrong with a name change.   I mean seriously, I get that the context the team and the organization is using it in isn't meant to be offensive, but you can't just IGNORE its history.  It really doesn't matter how many people are or aren't offended. Though it does piss me off that some politicians are demanding they change the name, but still think using a native american as a mascot, or changing the name to the "warriors" or something is ok. It's clearly about politics-and they don't even get what the controversy is even over.  So, I understand the resistance to a change.  Maybe a name change(to something that doesn't involve a native american-yet still preserves the franchise's history) isn't a bad thing?  It might be wishful thinking but hey...they need something to shock them into a culture change...and a name change is more likely than Dan selling it. 

I have been anti name change forever. But at this point I say **** it, Change the name. Snyder doesnt deserve to own the "Redskins" anyways. He has taken a proud franchise and completely destroyed it. 

I had a baby boy 15 months ago, and a little girl is due any day now.... I've finally fallen into that "i dont give a ****" any more mode. Been a diehard fan since the late 70s, there are more important things in my life now and they couldn't have come at a better time, when this team reaches the lowest of the lows, even worse than the mid to late 90s teams to the early 2000 teams which were the worst ever, I have something to look forward to besides football and couldnt be happier.

I posted this because I saw a referee make a terrible call in my opinion when he ignored the knee on the ground by Roberts....referees make that call down because the ball was not out...imho we are not getting calls because we are the DC team called the Redskins and the players know it....we are being screwed not because of how we play but because we are not PC....

These kind of responses in a thread like this,....holy F.  You're an idiot.

The problems with this team go so deep.  It's happened over a period of many, many years,....

I see no leadership.  I see very little discipline.  I see a lack of confidence.  I see a very bad team.

This team is infected by a losing culture and I'm not sure when or how (at least this season) it's going to get fixed.

Solid response man.... you're good at insulting for no reason.... way to put on your big boy panties before replying

I posted this because I saw a referee make a terrible call in my opinion when he ignored the knee on the ground by Roberts....referees make that call down because the ball was not out...imho we are not getting calls because we are the DC team called the Redskins and the players know it....we are being screwed not because of how we play but because we are not PC....

It was inexplicable to me they didn't reverse that call, but I think it's delusional to think the reason is because the officials don't like the name of the team. 

What's sad and what sucks is, I no longer care. Not in the least. I wasent gonna watch the game but I did. Now I wish I had those 4 hours back. I didn't get upset at the turnovers. Didn't get upset at all. I'm accustomed to being the worst, or at least, on of the bottom 3 teams in the nfl.

Thank you skins. I won't watch next week. I'm just done. Change the name all you want. Won't change the product on the field.

I don't know about darkness, but it should be very clear that Cousins will not be around next year. The handwriting is all over the wall. If RGIII is not ready to go next week, then it's time to see what Colt McCoy can bring to the table. He's been in this new offense as long as Robert and Kirk, so why not at least find out who the better backup will be in the future?

This is the first season I feel absolutely nothing...I expect to lose from the opening kickoff and even if we flash, I know it's inevitable. Even through the depths of 3-13 I got mad, now I just don't care. I haven't voluntarily missed a game in 15 years, this might be the first season that happens. Didn't think it was possible.

I think a lot of real fans are in the same boat as you. Apathy is setting in.  For a team, fan apathy is worse than outrage.  With outrage, at least fans still care.

It's getting to a point where fans just don't care.  When they get comfortable spending beautiful autumn Sundays somewhere else besides in the stands or in front of the TV, you've lost them.  The Redskins, after a decade and a half of suckitude, are reaching that point.

I'm not a supersticious man but dammit, there does seem to be a curse on this team.  It has nothing to do with the name as 3 Lombardi's in the trophy case will attest to that, but the curse of Dan Snyder? A solid arguement could be made that that right there is a living breathing thing...

Archived