Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Super Bowl XLIX Thread ; * Patriots Are 4x SB Champions*

Mr. Sinister

As someone who claims to be the best he should want to shut down the best player on offense. 

Disagree, he should want to win. The way they play wins. A lot.

There are plenty of routes to run with on the other 3/4 of the field for their better WRs to take advantage of. Let Sherman have his numbers -> sideline shutdown area. 

Disagree, its the defense saying Let *Insert WR here have his numbers*

He's wasting his talents if I'm the offense, though I'll admit it will take a little creativity on offense for that to be fleshed out

Teams have had 3 years to get creative and show he's beatable. I'm still waiting.

I have no problem if they use RO but it should be sprinkled in like Seattle uses it, not a crutch for the offense like it has been. Also, this is predicated on Griffin making smart and safe decisions when choose to keep it

Exactly, just enough of it to put fear into the defense.

Well also, if you look at Wilson's keepers, a lot of them are not even really designed to go the distance, they are just designed for him to get around the corner into space for a handful of yards in order to keep the defense having to worry about him.

Contrast that with the Shanahans who were designing runs for Robert to go the distance.

Big difference.   

They both preoccupy the defense, but one contributes to the QB taking hits.

Disagree, he should want to win. The way they play wins. A lot.

Disagree, its the defense saying Let *Insert WR here have his numbers*

Teams have had 3 years to get creative and show he's beatable. I'm still waiting.

For one, he has won, but that doesn't make him the best.

Two, the defense is saying, let's let the offenses 2 best players have their numbers? The defense is saying, we are taking away whoever you put on this side of the numbers. It could be a FB and Sherman is covering him. So how does that make one the best?

Third, the defense is ridiculously talented all across the board. Their success does not equate to Sherman being the best. Sherman not covering #1s and the team still winning doesn't mean that Sherman isn't beatable. That's an unrelated issue so I don't know how to prove your point. Sherman isn't beaten yet because he isn't consistently challenged by the best WRs. That's why he gets less throws his way as well, because the best players aren't over there.

is there a reason that the Skins couldn't run this same offense that seattle runs? use jackson like they use harvin

They ran a lot of reversals in practice but didn't show that in preseason.  So yeah we will run those plays.

The Packers D looks like the Redskins first half of 2012 but as someone mentioned they have the offense to make up for it..

Archived