Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Super Bowl XLIX Thread ; * Patriots Are 4x SB Champions*

Mr. Sinister

Enough with the second-guessing. He's really damn good.

Luck should have lost to Kansas City last year, but he pulled that one out. Then he showed his true colors the very next game. Wilson is always reliable and he can make make dynamic plays.

Agreed, I get that we're supposed to hate this squad but the way our fans try to minimize everything they do just makes me do that head shaking thing thats so popular on the internet these days.

Seattle's tough but this game could've been GB's. Settled for too many FGs and I'm still scratching my head as to why Rodgers threw it away on that one scramble rather than running for the 1st. And dropped INTs.

Really? GB got their asses handed to them.

Lot's of people agree with me.  You can google "Russell Wilson game manager" and find lots of people discussing it.

All of these threads/articles have question marks next to them. The top article is a piece refuting the label.

And then there's this, five articles down (which I totally agree with):

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10725050/russell-wilson-career-tom-brady-path

For one, he has won, but that doesn't make him the best.

Two, the defense is saying, let's let the offenses 2 best players have their numbers? The defense is saying, we are taking away whoever you put on this side of the numbers. It could be a FB and Sherman is covering him. So how does that make one the best?

Third, the defense is ridiculously talented all across the board. Their success does not equate to Sherman being the best. Sherman not covering #1s and the team still winning doesn't mean that Sherman isn't beatable. That's an unrelated issue so I don't know how to prove your point. Sherman isn't beaten yet because he isn't consistently challenged by the best WRs. That's why he gets less throws his way as well, because the best players aren't over there.

Maybe if the Cards and Pats decide to leave their shutdown corners on one side of the field they can win a super bowl too, I guess until then they'll have to settle for a portion of the NFL fanbase thinking their the best in the league.

The man who is probably the most complete QB in football wouldn't even test him tonight, while he was matched up against a very good WR. That's more than enough for me.

I can't wait 'til a team puts their #1 on him and actually gives him a challenge. Because this whole "Limit our playbook by not even testing a side of the field" strategy isn't working.

Believe, I want to see him beat. I want teams to test him and use their whole arsenal. I want them to not have homefield and get smacked out of the playoffs, preferably by us.

But until teams challenge HIM, and not the other way around that Beats commercial had it right.

He's the man.

EvilMonkeyBoy post #410: "You made points?"

Dropped INTs, settling for FGs, and a poor decision by Rodgers on that scramble when they were nearing FG range. In other words, GB had chances to win but couldn't take advantage of opportunities.

When did the Packers have a chance to take the lead in the 2nd half???

Seattle is the...4th(?) most hated team on this site, so that's where the discussion is coming from. And why I can't really take it seriously.

4th is too generous man. they're easily the 2nd in my book (philly obviously the 1st...seattle beats dallas cause dallas fails to make the playoffs. seattle has beaten us 3 times in the playoffs, so thats why they get 2nd).

Lot's of people agree with me.  You can google "Russell Wilson game manager" and find lots of people discussing it.

The whole "game manager" label is one of the most annoying things in football.  Managing the game is a QB's job.  All QBs are suppose to be game managers.  Russell manages the game very well.  He doesn't make a lot of mistakes and he makes plays when he needs to.  That's exactly what a QB is suppose to do.  Why people want to put him down for it is laughable.  When the bright lights are on he performs. 

The whole "game manager" label is one of the most annoying things in football.  Managing the game is a QB's job.  All QBs are suppose to be game managers.  Russell manages the game very well.  He doesn't make a lot of mistakes and he makes plays when he needs to.  That's exactly what a QB is suppose to do.  Why people want to put him down for it is laughable.  When the bright lights are on he performs. 

I disagree.  I find people who slurp a game manager and act like he's an elite QB to be annoying.  If Wilson was drafted by the Bills, we wouldn't even hear about him.

Will say im not a huge Wilson fan. Think he's good but get way overpraised IMO.

With that being said the one thing i WISH Robert would take from Wilson is his ability to throw the ball away when hes outside of the pocket. Would save him a ton of hits.

Throws the ball away, knows how to slide, does not look like a hyperactive newborn deer in the pocket, plays the game level headed and smart.

Robert runs faster and has a higher ceiling and was better in 2012. I used to argue for Robert at work everyday and used to think Russell was put in a way better situation in Seattle and couldn't have done what Rg3 did here in Washington his rookie year. The fact is though they were dealt the hands they were dealt,Russell has become a legit franchise Qb and Robert has more question marks right now doubt is creeping in with him with some of his biggest fans, including myself.

Archived