Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Super Bowl XLIX Thread ; * Patriots Are 4x SB Champions*

Mr. Sinister

I'm not saying yet Seahawks should change their defense just that Sherman can't cal himself the best when he doesn't routinely play the best

And I'm saying that he's so good he dictates an entire offensive game-plan. Again, why fix what isn't broken at all. An NFL Coach of the Year, An NFL and Super Bowl MVP, and a top 10 reciever have all looked at that side of the field tonight and said "I'd rather not". If #1 WRs don't want him to be called the best corner they should be the ones demanding to their coaches that they need to line up against him every down. Not the other way around.

Would love to see him knocked off his high horse, but until a team tries to prove the hypothesis wrong he's still the best IMO.

Oh boy. That's all folks.

I told my friend who asked me Rivers vs Cards or Rodgers vs Seattle to go with Rodgers because I figured the refs would be flag happy towards Seattle and he'd be able to generate enough offense.

Nobody ever ask me for fantasy advice again.

And I'm saying that he's so good he dictates an entire offensive game-plan. Again, why fix what isn't broken at all. An NFL Coach of the Year, An NFL and Super Bowl MVP, and a top 10 reciever have all looked at that side of the field tonight and said "I'd rather not". If #1 WRs don't want him to be called the best corner they should be the ones demanding to their coaches that they need to line up against him every down. Not the other way around.

Why? He takes himself out of the game. Even if you don't think he's the best, if you think he's better than their other guys and they will give you the chance to create mismatches every play why wouldn't you take it?

Dhall wasn't the best corner in the league, but if you told me as the bears or lions or broncos that I could always have Calvin or marshal or Thomas on Wilson / Amerson last year and hall on my number 3, I'd do that all game long

Atlanta went after him in the playoff game a couple years ago. He had some trouble dealing with their WR pair on the deep stuff.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=330113001

Roddy got by him for a 47 yard TD and the next longest pass in the game went 21 yards... White was their best player at 5 for 76 yards.

Not a stellar example. 

Why? He takes himself out of the game. 

Making an entire side of the field moot is not being taken out of the game. Also, Jarrett Boykin is good enough to make plays on #1 corners so I find tonight's argument extra ridiculous.

"nobody does a better job than..........." oh Shut up....enough with the hyperbole because you will say the same thing about the next guy who does it next week.

exactly.  And its a national game, every football fan in the country is watching....so now the media will slobber Wilson all day tomorrow on sports radio :(

Archived