Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins cuts, plus cuts from all NFL teams (Seastrunk, Hocker, P. Thomas among cut)

I can certainly sympathize with those upset that we appear (at least for the moment) to have chosen Thompson over Seastrunk. Over two seasons I have seen none of the explosion (save maybe once on a punt return last preseason) that I was so excited about when he came here. He has looked too small and slow and on top of that has been very injury prone. I'll trust the staff on this one for now but I think Thompson has been a disappointment so far. 

That being said I still don't think it's time to assume he won't end up on our PS. If he doesn't it's not the end of the world. But I would again encourage people to look at how our FO operated in FA. They put a fair offer on the table with a take it or leave it approach. Plenty of players have left and contemplated it but ultimately it led to us getting almost every player we wanted at very team-friendly prices. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure the people reporting we have no interest in Seastrunk are the same ones that said we had no interest in Richard Crawford - then we signed him 30 minutes later. 

With the exception of a 4th QB, which is not going to happen, our PS has players at every position group on the team. That last spot should be open to any position and I'm sure we still have an offer out there for Seastrunk. But I also think those who are so upset need to take a second and ask themselves why all 32 teams have taken another pass on this guy so far. Either the film shows a very raw player or there is something to the rumors of his attitude/work ethic. We'll know for sure whether he makes anyone's PS shortly.

Who are the best players left that the Redskins could sign to the practice squad? Hocker and Michael sam have not been signed. Who else has not been signed that the Redskins should look at?

Kind of sad that Sam hasn't stuck anywhere yet.  From afar, it sounded like he had a pretty good training camp.  I guess in the glass half full way of looking at it I guess it's cool that there isn't such great PC pressure as to force a team to take someone they don't want.

Not sure which way I'm looking at the glass on this one.

So is it ok for me to add Lache Seastrunks beside other Redskin man crush preseason greats who didn't amount to anything like Colt Brennan, Marcus Mason, Pat White, Anthony Mix and Marko Mitchell yet? or is it too soon? 

I think y'all are choosing the wrong crushes.  Sultan McCullah was the speed merchant who was going to change the game. I will admit to liking what I saw out of the Great Lache though.

Hmm...

Maybe I'm missing something but PFT listed the Jaguar's PS and Josey wasn't on it. Perhaps last night's reporting was premature?

Also, the Chargers just cut Grice, their 6th round tailback who led their team in rushing. How could they do that? Didn't they realize preseason stats matter?

So...Did Akeem Davis clear waivers? Can I exhale now?

I think y'all are choosing the wrong crushes. Sultan McCullah was the speed merchant who was going to change the game. I will admit to liking what I saw out of the Great Lache though.

Well at least with Seastrunk out you dont have to put in more effort to get that nickname to stick. It's pretty fetch though. :)

#Redskins will not sign RB Lache Seastrunk to practice squad: http://www.timesdispatch.com/redskins-xtra/seastrunk-won-t-be-named-to-redskins-practice-squad/article_0f69ae04-31db-11e4-ada8-0017a43b2370.html …

Dianna Marie Russini ‏@NBCdianna  1h

Redskins true work week begins today. Roster set. Game planning for Texans in full force.

Practice getting underway soon at #Redskins Park. You can find today’s schedule right here. http://realredskins.com/2014/09/01/need-to-know-5-observations-on-the-redskins-53-man-roster/ … #RedskinsTalk

Duke Ihenacho will wear No. 35 with the #Redskins.

Other #Redskins number changes: Silas Redd from No. 24 to No. 32; Gabe Miller from No. 45 to No. 50; Will Compton from No. 46 to No. 51.

Retweeted by Paul Conner

Has to be more than "he can't block, etc..." This line on a scouting report for Lache raises an eyebrow: pic.twitter.com/aUY5KrJ58I

BwcdxCUIAAAzbDA.png

Due to Mike Shanahan and out of celebration of his departure, I won't try and guess the backstage storyline on Lache.

Tracy Porter (hamstring) and Phillip Thomas (foot) are working off to the side. Thomas is on the practice squad.

Retweeted by SKINS FANS ONLY!!!!!

Way Skins fans are acting about Seastrunk getting cut you'd think he's Adrian Peterson

Hottest day of practice so far in Ashburn. RGIII taking snaps after attending his statue unveiling in Waco last night.

Retweeted by Paul Conner

After watching RGIII's preseason (admittedly without the overhead to see coverage), I think the concern is a bit overdone.

Retweeted by Paul Conner

That takes time. He made a few bad throws (and a couple of howlers), but some awful drops as well. I think he'll be okay eventually.

Will Breeland be the nickel for #Redskins vs. Texans? It’s early but Porter (hamstring) off to side today at start of prax. #RedskinsTalk

It was late last night so I'm going to re-review but know this: A good run support safety and a good in-the-box safety aren't the same thing

Retweeted by Paul Conner

Hmm... #Redskins expressed interest pre-draft RT @ProFootballTalk: Report: Chargers waiving rookie RB Marion Grice http://wp.me/p14QSB-9yG0 

Retweeted by Burgundy Blog

Check The Tape ‏@CheckTheTape  11m

How long until the national media criticizes RG3's weight transfer in the Baylor statue?

So is it ok for me to add Lache Seastrunks beside other Redskin man crush preseason greats who didn't amount to anything like Colt Brennan, Marcus Mason, Pat White, Anthony Mix and Marko Mitchell yet? or is it too soon? 

What's RG3Hunna...yep, he should be added to the list because there's a lot of butt hurt going on about this.

HTTR!

I would be interested to hear how many waiver wire pickups there were league wide.

Obviously and perhaps ironically, we grabbed Nacho. It seems a logical move with Thomas hurt and BMerri suspended.  

Something to think about for next year when we grow concerned that we will not be able to slip players discreetly to our practice squad.  

I would be interested to hear how many waiver wire pickups there were league wide.

Obviously and perhaps ironically, we grabbed Nacho. It seems a logical move with Thomas hurt and BMerri suspended.  

Something to think about for next year when we grow concerned that we will not be able to slip players discreetly to our practice squad.  

http://nfltraderumors.co/2014-nfl-roster-claims-tracker/

I think this is pretty much up-to-date, but it's the best list I could find.

As for the last line in your post, we could say that every single year.  

Well, kids...the Cowboys waived Ahmad Dixon!

I'm flabberstunned. Once again, shows what we know.

I will update the "I wish I had gotten that guy" thread.  That is interesting.  

You know, as bad as the Cowboys defense is join got be, they aren't playing a lot of top offenses this year, just like the 'Skins.  

They start with the 49ers, who are not an offensive juggernaught, followed by the Titans and Rams before they have to face the Rams.

I think the best offenses that they have to face this year, the Eagles, Bears and the Saints. They have some second-tier offenses in the 49ers, Seahawks, Arizona, et.   (I have no idea how good the 'Skins offense is going to be, so I'm leaving them off.) So, as bad as the Dallas defense might be, they might be able to hide it by playing average offenses.  

I think this is pretty much up-to-date, but it's the best list I could find.

So it looks like on average, teams signed 2 players. 2 out of 10 to be stashed, factoring nothing else, players have about an 80% chance of clearing.  Very decent odds. 

To be honest, I thought it would be more like 1 in 10, but damn Cleveland was getting busy rebuilding their OL. I feel like we could use a new body in the mix....

Cleveland signes a ton.

Edit*  VOR beat me too it!

So it looks like on average, teams signed 2 players. 2 out of 10 to be stashed, factoring nothing else, players have about an 80% chance of clearing.  Very decent odds. 

To be honest, I thought it would be more like 1 in 10, but damn Cleveland was getting busy rebuilding their OL. I feel like we could use a new body in the mix....

Yeah, and all of ours cleared.  

And havne't done a real analysis, but I would think RBs would be the position least claimed.  OL/DL and special teams contributors would be high on the list. 

Archived